Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

WTF Series 1 for UT Released

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 16:16

Finished Unreal version. Good to see that the only thing I missed are those 2 nades I haven't used anyways. :P

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 21:44

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Yeah, i know that. He meant WTF as in scaryness and totally new concepts smacking you in the face. I didn't jump enough for it to really classify as scary WTF, and there wasn't all too much unique WTF either.

Still a good pack

Well remember it's not over yet :twisted:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 15:50

Had a few spare minutes last night.. and started it up. Intro was good! :tup: :tup: At least something more than just "you've crashlanded".... :D :tup:
First level was nice.. altho i was a little confused in the beginning. Skipped the Titans.. moved to the end (I guess), jumped in the lake.. and.. went down.. got white before my eyes.. and all of a sudden I was in a room! :shock: After a few minutes I looked behind me and saw where I came from, so ok.. that's explained then.... :P
Did a few corridors.. that's it. Hope it gets better tho.. I don't care for plain corridors.. (but I'm sure it gets better)
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 17:19

Oh, it most certainly does :D

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 03:33

Is part of the "WTF" getting the machine gun and have no fire?
Same for the other gun in areana lokking map with skaarj.That gun looks like the super nailgun in quakes painkeep mod.

If I toss, I have no weapon, none.
Or I have some weapons, grab some other gun, the weapon rotate don't work

Is there a spot in the menus to start game, or do I need to click on the file to start.

So far I havn't stretched my imagination enough yet
Last edited by redeye on 28 Nov 2008, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 03:52

Did you start the game by typing "open wtf" in the console? Do you have UT 436 installed and all the files in their proper folders? Do you get any errors in UnrealTournament.log when you try to fire a weapon? Pick up a gun, type "showlog" in the console, try to shoot, and see if an error pops up. Also, try installing Oldskool and running it via that if it still doesn't work. There's probably just some problem with your install, since it's worked fine for plenty of other people.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 04:43

Waffnuffly wrote:Did you start the game by typing "open wtf" in the console? Do you have UT 436 installed and all the files in their proper folders? Do you get any errors in UnrealTournament.log when you try to fire a weapon? Pick up a gun, type "showlog" in the console, try to shoot, and see if an error pops up. Also, try installing Oldskool and running it via that if it still doesn't work. There's probably just some problem with your install, since it's worked fine for plenty of other people.

Thanx for covering :)

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 05:42

I opened map by double clicking the wtf1 map

I can try the log thing once, it all seemed to work, just this gun shoot, cycle problem.

I will try the open command, see what gives.
ALL other mods-maps all work that I have.(wich is a lot)

Translater can activate, but no message shown, If I die, the initial message, that shows there is a message, dont show up again.

Do I need a full install of that ue4 stuff. or u4e,

WTF
Just ban everyone

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 14:48

If you look at and post logs, it will show you what package is causing problems. It sounds like you may have misplaced one of the U4E packages or something, since the weapons appear but simply don't work--perhaps texture data for the muzzle flash is stored in a missing .u file. I've seen this kind of stuff happen a lot when working on projects if I forgot something.

Don't forget that a lot of archiver programs preserve folders depending on how you extract files, so you might have like UT\System\System somewhere with the missing files in a subfolder instead of the root.

Ultimately, though, you really need to look at UT.log to know what the problem is.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 16:41

Try reading the readme :P

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 23:02

Another thing, since I don't understand too much about using a SP gametype or not.

But it loads in like a DM, the gametype in "None"

I will go download that u4e, see what the deal is.
The second weapon I said in the areana room, is all white, and problems only seem to be with using the other weapons, the shotgun works fine.

Also I don't see anything missing in the log, and it will load with the editer, I recopied the files, I never use the extract directly to UT folders, I always copy files over.

let ya know.

LoL, no friggen way, 57 meg 100 meg, 600 meg, dam I wish I would have stashed it before I went back to 56k, aaaaarg.
Just ban everyone

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 23:10

You don't need U4E to run this mappack.
ImageImage

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 00:36

Well I just god mode and rmode 4 and allammo my way through and didn't pick up any of those weapons.

The second gun did have its skin.

the best part was the doors.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 01:12

redeye wrote:Well I just god mode and rmode 4 and allammo my way through.

rmode 4... were you trying to ruin the gameplay experience? If there's ever been a map pack that depends on its lighting, it's this one!

In fact, it's a little insulting to the mapper IMO to admit to having played the results of their hard work that way.

Seriously, what do you look for in an SP map?
Life is what you make of it.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 01:25

Hellscrag wrote:
redeye wrote:Well I just god mode and rmode 4 and allammo my way through.

rmode 4... were you trying to ruin the gameplay experience? If there's ever been a map pack that depends on its lighting, it's this one!

Seriously, what do you look for in an SP map?

Well, when things are pitch black, it don't help, I had to

I look for tricky strategic fights, surprises, and real hard to beat.
Puzzle type of things that don't use so much abstract names like star wars movies.
If you don't get who is who on the first star wars, the rest of the movies are mute, which is not fun to watch, or play.
Unlike Deuce Ex, things made sense without deciphering all alien names.

I think my fav is ONP

I am trying to make a SP, and is really hard to keep from the feeling of just moving from one section to the next section with just shooting.Things need to make sense along with surprise, and tactical fighting.
Regardless of graphics, but the looks counts a lot, my map so far don't look all that great either, lol, so much work.

(that is why I need to send it to proph some day, make sure it can be played without messing up what you are supposed to do while playing, but it is taking a long time)
Just ban everyone

Previous Next