For UT OldSkool
Status: V1.1 RELEASED
Synopsis: The search for your kidnapped partner leads you to the vale.
Features: New single map, textures & music originally for Battle for Na Pali.
Latest News: v1.1 is released (finally!) Thank you all so much for your comments & feedback on the 1.0 version. Hope you all enjoy another jaunt through the vale. Co-op is now supported however may be a bit rough around the edges. If the co-op community wishes to make any further improvements to the co-op experience then they have my blessing.
Update Log (Contains Spoilers):
Change Log (Global) SPOILER WARNING:
- Cleaned up actor duplicates that could cause possible errors on startup.
- Set all triggered enemies to ATTITUDE_Ignore bHateWhenTriggered so that they don't wander or in some cases attack other enemies of a different type prematurely.
- Added [...] to all translator messages that show the name/details of the entry writer to make the translator events more uniform.
- Increased the agressiveness of all Skaarj Stalkers so they are less likely to retreat when first viewing the player.
- Added a small amount of hidden / hard to get ammo in various locations to further reward exploration.
- Set all books with a translator message attached to unmovable.
- Changed the starting locations of all modified enemies which teleport in. Also added blockalls to limit them wandering away from the teleporter.
- Added collisions to various crucified Nali monk statues & large boulders which were previously missing.
- Added an extra spawning Devilfish in the open ocean area on medium difficulty.
- Revised the the first two Manta encounters. Added long grass to the second encounter.
- Added a plant in front of the wall facing the steps down from the watch tower to stop players encountering an unfixable permanent BSP error.
- Added a small steel box behind the crates in the damaged house basement to prevent the player getting stuck.
- Added additional sea weed decorations to the shallows between the tower & village.
- Slightly repositioned the beckoning Nali due to issues with him triggering.
- The lamp in the loft area to Nali & Son's house can no longer be destroyed leaving a floating corona.
- Strange rug turning black error when entering Elder Adallai's house corrected.
- Slightly improved pathing to the bottom of sloped path leading to the cable car in the second valley area. The provoked Brute should take a more direct approach to the player rather the sticking to the path.
- Re-positioned the 2nd Gasbag on Unreal difficulty to the waterfalls area so that they don't get in each others way.
- Changed spawning Gasbag orders to 'Wandering' after activating the cable car so they are more ambient. Spawnpoints also adjusted.
- Added block player actors to the railings in front of the Crucifix at the bottom of the main tower and the railings between the kitchen & sleeping quarters which the player could potentially get stuck behind.
- Slightly tweaked the Nali chef's hidden translator message.
- Added missing sound effect to the light beam mover in the Skaarj Labs.
- Added alarm sound effect when deactivating the Hall of the Elders forcefield in the Skaarj labs to help warn players of imminent danger. Tweaked the translator message wording to better suit the situation.
- Raised the teleporter destination of the first Stalker encounter to avoid any possible spawning in exploits when standing on the spawnpoint. Distance view trigger also added in case Stalkers don't initially react.
- Revised the triggering of the Skaarj Troopers to the fort main atrium after the forcefield deactivation. Troopers will now be more reactive/aggressive towards the player. Also added an additional Trooper on Hard & Unreal difficulties.
- Additonal ambush points & ambush orders given to Skaarj Troopers in the Hall of the Elders to reduce them wandering prematurely.
- Changed position of the sniper rifle at the fort exit due to the Skaarj Sniper not triggering correctly in some cases. Added target pots / smashed pots decorations to give players an inkling that there's a sniper nearby.
- Skaarj Troopers are now triggered on the slope down to the Fort exit. Their starting points have also been revised.
- Added block monster actors to the top path of the valley between the fort & swamp to stop Skaarj Troopers jumping/dodging off the edge of the cliff and getting stuck.
- Re-positioned the stationary Skaarj Trooper next to the swamp so that it isn't as visible to the player & added ambushing orders so it is less likely to wander prematurely.
- Added additional distance view trigger to the standoff Brutes in case the player takes an unintended path towards them.
- Added an additional Devilfish to the river beneath the Fort Bridge & added a few more under water decorations which were missing.
- Added additional block monster actors to the final valley area next to the mine bridge to stop Skaarj Troopers from getting stuck in the corner between the bridge and cliff edge.
- Hidden Skaarj Infantry's weapon in the final valley changed from ASMD to Stinger on Hard & Unreal difficulties. Enemy has been re-positioned with distance view triggers when approaching.
- Additional Skaarj Infantry added to final valley on Unreal difficulty.
- Slightly tweaked Lord Ska'Keth's translator message on the landing platform.
- Added additional steel boxes to the landing pad area to provide cover for the hiding Skaarj from a distance.
- An additional Skaarj Trooper emerges from the mine entrance on Medium dificulty.
- Skaarj writing to both sides of the mine entrance now use same texture which makes sense considering the translator messages to both sides are the same.
- The pupae in the flooded cave area have been repositioned to make them more responsive. Added ambushing orders.
- Improved pathing to the boss arena & removed the large rock near the forcefield, enemies should now use the sloped path more easily/often.
- Ska'Keth & Stalkers now spawn in due to it being possible to coax them out of hiding before springing the trap. Pupae also spawn in via creature factories.
- Ambushing orders given to Skaarj at final landing pad to reduce them wandering.
Change Log (Co-op):
- Co-op support added (Not tested online).
- Co-op Player Starts added to jetty.
- Added slightly more pickups for Co-op players in various locations.
- Added book with opening translator message on the jetty for Co-op players if boat is still at sea.
- Added cable car return pad (green reticle) which will activate once one of the players has visited the cave under the waterfalls. This should prevent any frustrating trips back to the cave to activate the cable car for other players.
- Added teleporter behind the forcefield to the final boss area so that other players can access the arena once the forcefield is activated. Teleport destination is raised to avoid telefragging.