ividyon will never get this done, will he.

WTF Series 1

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 02:15

UPDATE: Mananaged to reduce the size of a custom music file i had made...went from being 13 MB to 3 MB haha...noticed i had it was in Stereo and 48000 Hz...sure it sounds great then, but who the hell is going to download that from a server?

Its at Mono and 21000 Hz and still sounding quite good...so no worries....also the format is 16 bit...tried 8 bit (which would have been 1 MB) but it cut out the audio here and there for some reason :/

Besides that...the first and last map are complete...there are 4 maps total going in the first release...the second and third map i am still waiting to get bak from a friend...who decided it would be cool to run away from home so i dunno wtf is gonna happen now :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 04:31

Shivaxi wrote:UPDATE: Mananaged to reduce the size of a custom music file i had made...went from being 13 MB to 3 MB haha...noticed i had it was in Stereo and 48000 Hz...sure it sounds great then, but who the hell is going to download that from a server?

Just use the original .mp3 after you familiarize yourself with this:

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=410

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 08:12

hate to jump into the offtopic late, but i just have to point out that the bit in rajjigaaaar mines where youve turned off something and the lights turn out one by one and the skaarj, with teh pwn, and the omg!!.......... You have to agree that was one of "those" moments, that sticks in your head for the next few days and makes the game memorable....

lol, back to the topic

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 14:09

Haha...yes that moment was quite memorable indeed :P

To WaffNuffly: Won't players also have to download that music player? and i don't think i can use that for what i would need it for...you see the music is triggered on and triggered off too...doubt a music player supports that :/

EDIT: Also i just noticed that its for UT...not Unreal lol...doesn't help me :tdown:

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008, 17:58

It can be triggered on and then triggered off and it has better save support then Unreal itself :).
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2008, 21:32

Hmm...i'll check it out i suppose...

In the meantime, I'm getting this rediculous problem. I've sent the first level of the map pack to some testers...and for some of them, not all, just some, it sais this when they try to open it in game: Failed to open None.Mylevel

Or i think its Failed to Find...but its always this None.Mylevel crap...

However they can open it up and play it from the editor... :/

Anyone have any clues as to what the problem is here?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008, 03:23

It sounds like the annoying issue that can happen when you use MyLevel a lot and end up opening one map with MyLevel content, then another, and using the previous map's content in the second one's MyLevel somehow... which should cause the map to be unopenable, but it could be something like that. If you can open the map in UED, export it, open the .t3d file with a text editor like Notepad, and search for all MyLevel entries to see what is causing the problem.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008, 02:17

Alright thanx...i'll give it a try.

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: WTF Series 1

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008, 01:17

Can't wait, I want new map packs.

Shivaxi wrote:This map pack will be using a variety of custom packages such as U4E and Infiltration...

You mean the UT mod Infiltration, or the Unreal mod? And in what form there will be Infiltration packages used (I remember Xidia has the M2 machine gun from Infiltration placed in a map)?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: WTF Series 1

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008, 10:34

Psychomorph wrote: (I remember Xidia has the M2 machine gun from Infiltration placed in a map)?

Yes. Xidia had the stationary MachineGun from Infiltration.
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008, 09:30

This map pack will only be for Unreal unless someone wants to take the time to do a conversion...i personally hate UT with OldSkool...its just not the same...and as for the "omg decals and omg shadows and omg blood!" Just download the new 227 patch by Oldunreal :P

and the only thing from Infiltration at the moment is the grenades....i cant find any other mod with decent grenades...i know its kinda a waste...but w/e....maybe ill get the time to rip the grenades from Infiltration out and put it in its own seperate package before release =/

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008, 09:58

Isn't the basic assumption that everything done in Unreal is playable in UT but most of everything done in UT isn't playable on Unreal? :B

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008, 10:30

GTD-Carthage wrote:Isn't the basic assumption that everything done in Unreal is playable in UT but most of everything done in UT isn't playable on Unreal? :B

Yep. 227 sounds like UT with a different menu :P
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008, 13:09

227 is nothing like UT. 227 also adds native Linux support, native fixes such as better dual core support, updated Direct 3D 9 and OpenGL support, as well as new built in security features among other things like increased stability overall....not to mention a sh*t load of in game fixes, ogg support, built in music player, more customization, and entire new particle engine system that can do so much more than UT ever could.

Even the small things like the asmd secondary projectile not damaging a titan has been fixed, flare replication online, infinite slots for game types (since it usually only held up to 15 or so and then none of the other game types would appear)

227 is the most stable thing since the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR...do not EVER say such blasphemy as 227 simply being UT with a different menu EVER again!

If this is still what you think however...perhaps you should try it for yourself?

http://www.oldunreal.com

P.S. The decals are MUCH better than UT's....especially since every single weapon and monster's weapons and projectiles each have there own decal....and the blood engine is much different as well better too...like i said...you should just see for yourself

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Rofl.

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008, 13:49

I don't need 227. Thank you.

P.S. And have a nice day.
ImageImage

Previous Next