Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Hard Crash Release!

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Xer06siX
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Hard Crash Release!

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018, 03:21

Hard Crash is done. Dropped, finally. Get some below!

UPDATE!!: Due to unacceptable BPS tears in the first level, (On the main reactor, and hallway sign, and a few other things.) I have amended the first level. if you already downloaded everything else, Please download HCLF, it replaces the first level. Delete HCLF1 Sorry, and thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eHtcj ... mZxFnxUQM2

==============SERVER OPERATORS==============

Please post files to server rotations! (Delete ANY HCL1, HCLF1 or HCL11...etc from your root files, as these are the old nasty files, boooo, and nobody wants to see them anymore!)

Thanks a lot guys, enjoy!
Last edited by Xer06siX on 10 Feb 2018, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.
Aka -§ìlvèr§èrpënt "^v^"

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Hard Crash Release!

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018, 07:49

After 14 years in development, hopefully it would have been worth the wait.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018, 13:42

I'll check soon today. Congrats though for the release! Things do come out after all

Is this for U1 or UT, I forgot.
ImageImage

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018, 18:33

Congratulations on the release, Xer06siX! I was waiting for the day you would release this (which I'm sure you know, since I PM'ed you on the other forum)! I will play later on, as right now I am in the process of making a big move (purchased my first home)... I will keep an eye on this thread and will let you know when I play through this!
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Xer06siX

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 00:06

Lightning Hunter wrote:Congratulations on the release, Xer06siX! I was waiting for the day you would release this (which I'm sure you know, since I PM'ed you on the other forum)! I will play later on, as right now I am in the process of making a big move (purchased my first home)... I will keep an eye on this thread and will let you know when I play through this!

I appreciate that. I guess its a bit late for feedback but reviews are fine :-)
Last edited by Xer06siX on 10 Feb 2018, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Aka -§ìlvèr§èrpënt "^v^"

User avatar Xer06siX

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 00:11

Diego96 wrote:After 14 years in development, hopefully it would have been worth the wait.

The fault lies almost entirely with me. I let life happen and I forgot about that part of my life for a while. Operation Na Pali map pack happened, the military happened and an ex-fiancee happened, and moving around. I probably have about five months (not in hours) of development days into the project. Not too bad on the whole, but spread out over 14 years, very bad. I think I beat out Duke Nukem forever's overall development time though! :-)

Cheers
Last edited by Xer06siX on 10 Feb 2018, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
Aka -§ìlvèr§èrpënt "^v^"

User avatar Xer06siX

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 00:14

UBerserker wrote:I'll check soon today. Congrats though for the release! Things do come out after all

Is this for U1 or UT, I forgot.

The pack was made for Unreal 1. I'm not sure, but I believe the pack presents issues for play under UT. Some folks have told me it causes crashes. Hopefully things are different now if someone tries? XD
Aka -§ìlvèr§èrpënt "^v^"

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 00:37

► Show Spoiler

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 15:23

Could somebody post some screenshots? :)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 16:11

When I saw the title of the topic, I thought these were some demos on how to crash Unreal (since I remember someone else doing something similar). :lol:
Once I opened it, it was clear it was a full mappack, so I played it yesterday night for some time.

I am still only at the middle of the second map, but I do intend to pass the rest. It does feel very "Unreal" (which is awesome), and thus far I liked the second map a lot, it feels very grandiose and the way the water/sea was made and how the altitude was played with, makes you feel like you're really where the map tries to make you believe where you're at, and there are some nice touches which add to it with the Halo 2 game thing for example. :D

The only not so great things I found were pretty much about 2 things: some BSP errors in the first map (although it seems you released a fixed version) and in the second it takes way too long for the ship to apparently land.
Maybe you're trying to be a bit realistic with the time, but it's frustrating when you spend what seemed to be minutes in a very small closed space waiting for the dock door to actually open.

Other than that, nice job. :tup:

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 17:21

Just finished playing through it, and wow that was unexpected!
The sheer scale of these levels is pretty astounding and level of combat definately kept me on my toes throughout.

I personally felt that the thematic development worked well in its own interesting way, and it actually kind of represents a hard crash in more than just a physical sense...

Glad I played it :)

► Show Spoiler

SZ

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 18:16

ividyon wrote:Could somebody post some screenshots? :)

My review of the old version technically has screenshots of the first five maps. I don't know how much has changed though: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3198
Formerly Mman

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 18:19

Oh the leaked version already had map5? Guess the theme change was the original plan then.
ImageImage

User avatar Xer06siX

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 21:22

I changed fixed the first level and updated it. You can grab the file in the link. I saw some cuts in there that just destroyed it for me. But since this is out the gate, I might attempt a follow up pack. Depending on how the next few months go.
Aka -§ìlvèr§èrpënt "^v^"

User avatar Xer06siX

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 21:26

SteadZ wrote:Just finished playing through it, and wow that was unexpected!
The sheer scale of these levels is pretty astounding and level of combat definately kept me on my toes throughout.

I personally felt that the thematic development worked well in its own interesting way, and it actually kind of represents a hard crash in more than just a physical sense...

Glad I played it :)

► Show Spoiler

I got away with the Titan encounter in ONP, albeit with some mods made by the team, which I was going to use to close the gap between the HCLF2 and 3, before you hit the wooded village. Since it was used I instead started getting serious with a little test level I mocked up. That became level 3.

SZ
Aka -§ìlvèr§èrpënt "^v^"

Next