UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

UED Game Of Telephone 2015 (OPEN TO ALL)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: UED Game Of Telephone 2015 (OPEN TO ALL)

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015, 01:54

Okay, here's what I managed to do but I kinda messed up and ran out of time so I'd like to ask the question of: if you take another turn are you allowed to make changes to a previous section made by yourself as a part of that turn?

This went completely not to plan... and I really don't like Ued 2.0... :(

I have, at least, provided an exit way for UB to continue from and hopefully do better than me.

Link to map file to be added to archive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj63jmm6lm3d5 ... e.unr?dl=0

Not my proudest moment but oh well...

SZ

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015, 09:29

Hey SteadZ, don't worry about it!
It's true that as it stands your section is minimal :P but you can always apply for a second turn, and to answer your question, yes you are allowed to make changes to a previous section made by yourself as a part of a new turn :)
But maybe UB will offer to add stuff in your section, who knows? you're welcome to another turn in any case, just hop by to let us know!
Oh, importantly: you are ALLOWED to use UED2.1!!

UBerserker, as agreed your turn will start on Sunday the 29th and end on Sunday the 5th of April midnight! :)
I am going to admit to one thing: I deleted the "slow" zone (zoneinfo and associated brush) in the Demon's Grave and rebuilt the .unr SteadZ uploaded, as it caused too many problems with the BSP and I realised it didn't even work anymore at all for some obscure reason. So currently, you jump you die (obviously a temporary situation). At least there aren't any BSP issues! UB, you're welcome to take a crack at figuring out how to make the player land in one piece, but if you feel that's detracting from what you set out to do, leave it to me or others (maybe Prophet can tell me another way of doing this - maybe even a different geometry for a new slow zone might do it).

Download link in the OP updated!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015, 16:56

Remind me again the exact rules: I can't fix stuff in other mappers' sections without their consensus, right?
Honestly surprised the slow zone nonsolid brush screwed up things.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015, 17:14

UBerserker wrote:Remind me again the exact rules: I can't fix stuff in other mappers' sections without their consensus, right?
Honestly surprised the slow zone nonsolid brush screwed up things.

That's right!
Yeah I too am mystified, but well, there have been stranger things with this engine! :o
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 00:01

Ball is mine yo
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 01:28

UBerserker wrote:Ball is mine yo

Yo man, looking forward to next week! :D :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 16:28

I really hope more people will join or will be down for a 2nd turn.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 16:59

UBerserker wrote:I really hope more people will join or will be down for a 2nd turn.

Yeah me too :)
I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing second turns, as some people didn't get as much done as they would have liked to and have expressed interest in getting back to it.
Obviously it would also be great to see more people join in!

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015, 10:35

We could invite people form other forums, not everyone visits unrealsp I think.
Should I write on ut99.org?
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015, 10:44

I agree with that.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015, 11:09

UnrealGecko wrote:We could invite people form other forums, not everyone visits unrealsp I think.
Should I write on ut99.org?

I actually did think about this before, but hadn't seen it as being strictly speaking necessary.
It's a good idea - yes please, if you can write on UT99.org and post a link to this thread for me, that would be great UnrealGecko :)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015, 16:11

Can the UT Minigun be used? Because I want to separate it from the Automag ammo.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015, 16:19

UBerserker wrote:Can the UT Minigun be used? Because I want to separate it from the Automag ammo.

Yes, of course! :)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015, 16:23

Good, it's almost ready because lol node ceiling.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015, 16:46

haha, well that would be a first! means you actually had time for this, I'm happy about that!
Yeah, the node ceiling was imposed so as to ensure that the map wouldn't hit over 35000 nodes with just three contributions :P

Previous Next