A random sentence for a random mind.

Unreal Nightmare - Harder original campaign

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Unreal Nightmare - Harder original campaign

Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013, 01:40

pay atention .
"Its intertwined in a broken way with multiple files"

compile of "part1" failed cant find parent class "part2.myclass"
ok lets build part2 first then.
compile of "part2" failed cant find package for "part1.someshitiaddedlaterwiththewrongpackagename"
OH sh1t...fun times!

also to note kinda is you could strip out the 227 stuff if you cared but it a pain.,
this pack consisted mostly of modified original map with added monsters.and events.
modified monsters have ties to 227 modify damage and scorekill stuff for shields and stuff and upak and 227 classes.

try remove the 227 objects by
copy all actor > paste to vanilla version of map , after you edit the crap out of the t3d to swap out the custom classes.

why he couldnt just make the entire mod a huge mutator without modified maps, that would have a been a cooler thing.

I cant take 227 mods seriously cause old clients are everywhere..
/whatver

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013, 08:43

That's basically my planned method of attack to porting this interesting mod. Export the maps to T3D's and re import them.

'course that'll completely screw up the BSP but oh well... I don't have that amazing thing Leo has (wheel of time's editor + some method Casey made to make the map loadable in Unreal) that makes BSP incredibly well.
“I am the dragon without a name...”

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013, 05:55

Draco, did you try turning on/off vsync? (SwapInterval, -1 or 0...or 1 i think...-1 is vsync ON) or trying to change the FrameRateLimit? I know I had a big stuttering issue when I had a monitor that refreshed at 75hz, but by default the settings in 227 cap the framerate to 60. so it was fighting/stuttering between 60 and 75. I just turn vsync on and disable the framerate limit (set it to 0) and I ran smoothly at 75 fps

On topic:

I think i'll give this mod a try with RLCoop =P If it'll work with it that is.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

SFJake
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013, 07:54

There's no way this will work with RLCoop from what I can see of that mod. Sorry... The mod and mine have pretty much opposite design ideals. They make no sense together, anyway.

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013, 23:04

Shivaxi wrote:Draco, did you try turning on/off vsync? (SwapInterval, -1 or 0...or 1 i think...-1 is vsync ON) or trying to change the FrameRateLimit? I know I had a big stuttering issue when I had a monitor that refreshed at 75hz, but by default the settings in 227 cap the framerate to 60. so it was fighting/stuttering between 60 and 75. I just turn vsync on and disable the framerate limit (set it to 0) and I ran smoothly at 75 fps

The problem is strictly with how the renderer was compiled and linked to Unreal, I do not get this problem in Deus Ex nor do I get this problem in UT99. Hell if I use the OMP from way back when it was released I don't get the issue either. There is something wrong with how Smirftsch is compiling the patch binaries that's causing this problem, even Casey's build of the renderer has the same issue.

In short, it's visual studios fault. It's also no big surprise AMD drivers are also as equally worthless...

d3d10drv is the only thing that gives me a smooth screen that wont give me eye strain because of crappy framebuffer access issues that I'm getting with Smiftsch's 227\OMP 2.0 builds.

And on the topic of this mod still I'm unable to play it because yeah, aforementioned issues with 227 that went unfixed since... hell I don't know either G or F. I'm also unsure what 227 to even install at this point just to begin backporting your work to 224v.
“I am the dragon without a name...”

Previous