Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [ut] [RELEASED] RTNP: The Ultimate Edition

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011, 15:50

I can't load Soledad, getting this error:

Failed to load 'Soledad': Can't find file for package 'Female2SkinsUT'

I'll try to find this package somewhere on my own now...
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011, 17:14

Did you install the oldmodels package that came with the mod?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011, 18:18

What Sana said. You need to install "oldmodels.umod" that came with the mod. Make sure you read the installation instructions carefully. It says to install oldmodels.umod right in step #2.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

iLikeTheUDK
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 16:44

Reached Velora Cellars and I also have the "Random funky music instead of Magnus" problem. Should I change to Galaxy Audio?
:^3

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 18:45

iLikeTheUDK wrote:Reached Velora Cellars and I also have the "Random funky music instead of Magnus" problem. Should I change to Galaxy Audio?

Yes.

iLikeTheUDK
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 22:05

Finished. Near the end, I've noticed a strange behaviour with some monsters. Sometimes the predators in Gala's Peak ran away from me...
...Sometimes, These predators would also just randomly seen to jump off the cliff (one Krall in Escape from Na Pali behaved in the latter way, running away from me and jumping into the water).
Weird... :?
:^3

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011, 22:33

The Krall in EFNP who jumps in the water has been there always from the original version. As for the Predators jumping into the Abyss... it's a known bug. The AI of the Predators is terrible and they jump over any ledges.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 00:29

The predators are supposed to run away when they are by themselves and other predators exist (their goal is to find help and come back in larger groups). However, they go off the ledges sometimes because of sliding. There is nothing I can do about this, since sliding can not be stopped for one particular pawn.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 01:12

I noticed some odd behaviors with the Predators too. If you went off a ledge onto a lower level (Nexus Entry is probably the best example) they would get all confused and run around in circles.

As for the story there wasn't a whole lot of it in the first place. It's always been one my biggest complaints with RTNP. When you pass the UMS Prometheus the plot is pretty much forgotten about.

The most important intermission story-wise I would say was right after the Marine battle where you find out there's a shuttle waiting at the castle (and possibly Marines, but there's no trace of them). You provided much of the other plot-relevant info by other means (translator messages etc.). A message somwhere (did I miss it?) would've cured that. Considering how shoddy it was in the first place It's amazing that what you put together was an improvment.
StalwartUK

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 02:02

Lightning Hunter wrote:I know what you mean about the very end battle, but there really wasn't much I could do given the arena provided. I would have had to completely redesign the entire end in order to make a decent Warlord battle, and that just wasn't what I felt like doing.

*cough* TLF

Why couldn't Waff have been around back then. I reckon that finishing with TLF would have been the shit. Bumped the score of the game up a point or two on reviewing sites and stuff. Better game overall.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

lightningline
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012, 10:13

I just wanted to say thankyou for your hard work. My first PC game was Unreal. I have played all of the retail games and many fan made packs. I thought it was over so you could imagine what a treat it was when I found this. And 10 new maps never included in UR or RTNP???? Is that correct.....? Must be because I,ve got to Arcane Temple so far and I do not remember that in any of the single player Unreal games I ever played. Its been so long I had to re-join because I could not remember my passwords or the name I used. Anyhow, thankyou again very much...Off to play a few more levels before bed.

zeroth
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012, 19:01

It's good to see you're still working in the Unreal community. Also, this looks amazing!

RoccoRolo
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Are you taking bug reports?

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 21:01

Hi,

Looks like it could be quite an amazing accomplishment.

I JUST started playing, and in the level "Edge of Na Pali" came across this skybox:

It's a little off-putting to come across something like that right at the get-go. Kind of puts a damper on "suspension of disbelief."

Is that something that should be fixed in the map, or do ya suppose it has something to do with my configuration? I am using OpenGL with the renderer from the website that was recommended in the readme file included with this campaign (their version 3.6 of the renderer). It seems like a good renderer, cures the (lack of) brightness issue with the original renderer.

EDIT: I switched to the D3D9 renderer from that same site, (unlike the original D3D renderer it lets me run UT in 32-bit color) and got the same anomaly, so I don't suppose the renderer has anything to do with the black "wall."

EDIT EDIT: Think I will switch back to OpenGL. Probably my imagination but it seems more fluid for this app.

@UBerserker posting below here -- thanks, I will tick the S3TC option to off in the advanced preferences renderer options (guess that's all I have to do?) and hope that works.
Last edited by RoccoRolo on 28 Jan 2012, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:21

It's the S3TC skybox texture which is bugged. Use the normal version.

EDIT: Does this happen in other maps or just this one?
Assuming you have the S3TC textures from the second disc, if you turn the S3TC option off you won't see anymore the other S3TC textures.
The bugged S3TC texture file is skybox.utx. Using the original version of that texture file (from Disc 1) will stop the masking problem and at the same time you can use the other S3TC textures.
ImageImage

RoccoRolo
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: skybox deal

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:39

Yup, that did the trick, that's a damn sight better!

Thanks for the fix, and for the lightning-fast reply.

EDIT:
UBerserker wrote:It's the S3TC skybox texture which is bugged. Use the normal version.

EDIT: Does this happen in other maps or just this one?
Assuming you have the S3TC textures from the second disc, if you turn the S3TC option off you won't see anymore the other S3TC textures.
The bugged S3TC texture file is skybox.utx. Using the original version of that texture file (from Disc 1) will stop the masking problem and at the same time you can use the other S3TC textures.

I haven't tried any other maps. The procedure about swapping the original skybox.utx is a great idea. Thanks again. The screenshot below shows the result of turning off S3TC entirely. I will adapt it to your latest advice and turn the S3TC back on but use the original skybox texture file.

Last edited by RoccoRolo on 28 Jan 2012, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Previous Next