Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Mapper looking to join a project

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar Bombs
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Mapper looking to join a project

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 03:26

What's up everyone, i saw some really cool projects in here, wanted to help this community because i have passion with mapping and enviroment

Is there any site with mods in development or something like that?

Please if anyone wants one mapper, count me in, been mapping for like 2~3 years for Rune ED, i mapped in a competition for a game called Killing Floor (which was a mod for ut2k4 in the back years), if anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Heres a link of some of my job, all made only using RuneED
http://img42.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=storagehousea1.jpg

Sorry if i this wasnt the best place to post this, but i couldn't find a better one.

Thanks and cheers \o/
Last edited by Bombs on 15 Sep 2010, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
If we don't end wars, wars will end us. - H.G Wells

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Mapper looking to join a project

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 07:11

Residual Decay is in need of mappers as much as I'm aware. However, I firstly recommend you get a copy of UT99, download at least 7Bullets (I also recommend the Xidia arc, Project Zephon: Battle for Freedom and Operation: Na Pali), play through it once and try to make a level in the Unreal style this community is used to. There is quite a few threads on these forums that show a lot of levels still being developed as well, which will give you a rough idea what style of building Unreal mappers are trying to maintain, and you can always check the reviews page on the main site of UnrealSP.org to see which levels got the highest scores and why :) People are mostly reluctant to recruit somebody without any hard proof of their experience, because it not only shows what they can(not) do, but it also shows that they can see a project (or a level) through from start to finish. That is what I think counts the most.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 19:25

I could always use more mappers lol...doesn't matter what style for me...I'll make it work xD
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 20:22

W3 pretty much hit the nail on the head I think.
there's more

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 13:08

Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! :D :D :D

I'd need a mapper for ShamuQuest, it's always good to have another person on board.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.