UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Project Zephon: Battle for Freedom 2.0 [RELEASED]

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Project Zephon: Battle for Freedom 2.0 [RELEASED]

Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 15:59

Ripper is easy to use but it's not close to the potential of the Razorjack power.
ImageImage

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010, 16:01

Zephon is meant to be played with Unreal's weapons, not UT's. There is no ammo for UT weapons anyway.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010, 00:04

Hey guys, I have a problem with getting Project Zephon to run, I did everything as said in readme except I couldn't work out this mystical bit:

'After patching your game extract the oldskool239.zip file in the "Extras" folder to your Unreal Tournament folder.d file which can be found. Finish your installation...'

I assumed that I had to extract oldskool zip in Extras folder, which I didn't have and had to create. The problem is that I don't have Project Zephon in the list of available packs when trying to start. Sorry for being noob, but this is really annoying, I always seem to have problem with getting map packs to work.

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010, 00:37

Well, the oldskool.zip file in the "Extras" folder is only a part of the zip file, you don't need to create an "Extras" folder under your Unreal Tournament instalation folder (e.g. C:\Games\UT). All you have to do is extract everything inside the oldskool.zip file into your System folder under UT (e.g. C:\Games\UT\System). Afterwards, launch the game, and when you get to teh main menu, go under "Mods" on the far right and select "Enable OldSkool amp'd". With that you can than select a new SP game under "New Game" and select Zephon :)

Tell me if it works. Also keep in mind this: go to Options -> Oldskool configuration -> SinglePlayer and uncheck the "UT minigun" tab.

Hope it'll work :)
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010, 08:15

Thanks WhirlWindWabbit, it worked :tup: I'm looking forward to playing this, I haven't played anything Unreal in a long time. You guys deserve lots of credit for making new content, putting so much work in to it :o
I miss the 3dfx graphics that I got on my old pc, but you can't have everything I guess.

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010, 11:02

Hehe, unfortunately you really can't have everything you want, at least for the most of the time. When you play Unreal(Tournament), I highly recommend you get the updated OpenGL drivers for the game, since it looks better than ever in OpenGl. D3D is generally slower than OpenGL for Unreal, and software mode has lots of drawbacks, and is also slow. I hope you'll like the mod game! :)
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010, 13:08

Damn, damn, damn!
July and now August also leave no room for playing. I am so behind on everything.
But I have to confess to feeling orgasmic expectations with a rebalanced Zephon waiting for me (probably only end of September unfortunately).

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010, 13:58

Thank you :) I hope it'll live up to your expectations.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010, 16:45

Playing anything Unreal related in D3D is so 2001.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010, 19:53

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying this pack so far, even though I'm only at like map 2 (don't actually play that much). The build quality is excellent imo and makes me somewhat jealous.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010, 22:55

Thank you :) The credits for the levels got to their respective creators though, not me.

I'm not at all sure why it would make you jealous though. If you are a level designer yourself, you can use anything and everything you see, including levels in other games, to improve on your talent! :)
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010, 22:51

I couldn't resist and started Zephon 2 on Hard. Bad choiche, it's been too long since I've played and it was too difficult. So I restarted on Medium which suits me fine up to now. Since I really want to play on Hard I'm putting Zephon on hold for now until I have more time. (I have to admit I skipped a few levels to see how those Übertanks perform nowadays - and yes, still hard but not frustrating).

Overall I think difficulty seems to be much better balanced now so I'ld say: a job well done. And although the awe I felt the first time I played Zephon (concerning architecture and surroundings) wasn't there, there's no lack in conceptual grandness. I am very pleased with the current version. \o/

Slight nitpicking though: the intro scene has 2 serious spelling mistakes (transmittions - guarantess) which made me think I had installed the old version. Was this an oversight or just too much hassle?

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 00:08

I'm finally up to the Mine, which I'm loving btw as this is the first time I've ever played Zephon. My nitpicking issue is also with the translator messages, as in they are just too dang long - nearly all of them go outside the translator box. Imo if it can't be said in that space, then it needs shortening. There also seems to be a tad bit lack of health still when fighting the two Troopers that have RLs, but maybe I just suck lol.

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 13:07

salsaSkaarj wrote:Slight nitpicking though: the intro scene has 2 serious spelling mistakes (transmittions - guarantess) which made me think I had installed the old version. Was this an oversight or just too much hassle?

I must of missed those. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Doublez-Down wrote:I'm finally up to the Mine, which I'm loving btw as this is the first time I've ever played Zephon. My nitpicking issue is also with the translator messages, as in they are just too dang long - nearly all of them go outside the translator box. Imo if it can't be said in that space, then it needs shortening. There also seems to be a tad bit lack of health still when fighting the two Troopers that have RLs, but maybe I just suck lol.

I agree on that point, but believe it or not, I did shorten quite a few translator messages, and I even broke some of them up into several (e.g. 2 instead of just 1 incredebly long).

Aside that, which Troopers are you talking about? Irregardless, the pack is still a bit harder that your average Unreal adventure (I think), but it should not be frustrating or impossible.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 14:07

No it was by no means that difficult, just took a couple times to blow past 'em.

Previous Next