Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[RELEASED] [UT] The Last Fortress - Final

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: [ut] The Last Fortress - Final

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 23:49

Waffnuffly wrote:Not released yet; still being tested.

Derr, yeah, sorry - getting ahead of myself. :B

Must be sunstroke...
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Core
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 02:24

ok, done some testing, here are the results:

the sk6 is still warning about missing 'still' animation:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: SK6 TheLastFortressFinal.SK8 (Function Botpack.TournamentWeapon.TweenToStill:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Still' not found in Mesh 'EightB'
ScriptWarning: SK6 TheLastFortressFinal.SK8 (Function Botpack.TournamentWeapon.TweenToStill:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Still' not found in Mesh 'EightB'

happens only on the client in a network game (tested with exucoopgame2 too). This is weird, because the animation is there...

the utflares attached to the island's & tesla weapon won't appear on the client because of their bstatic /bnodelete class defaults. in the client's log you'll see something like this:

Warning: SpawnActor failed because class UTFlare has bStatic or bNoDelete
Warning: Actor not spawned for new channel
W

I almost missed this one because with ecoop, my fakedeco replaces actors that are affected with this issue (effects, deco's,...) . So my fakedeco was appearing exactly as those affected utflares, only thing that made me notice, was the utflares attached to the tesla. i saw they didn't move with it, only to find out that those were actually my fakedeco's replacements, wich didn't have the attachtag, as i wasn't transferring that in the code. The utflares didn't even exist. Will fix this in my next update.

my fakedeco's that replaced the utflares attached to the islands, wouldn't even show, because the engine determines them irrelevant to the client. (probably distance). For deletable /non-static actors You'd need to set those balwaysrelvant in order to show up, but I guess setting those utflares bNodelete=true will fix this too, since they're not deleted on the client then. Will need a test to see if they will still move with those islands in that case.

all the rest was fine, logblinker, teleporter, all worked perfect.

ps: changing those coop olweapons to stock unreal ones, would save me some time & code :P .

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 06:15

Ah yeah, the UT Flares. I have an EXUFlare class (Effect class) which I used to solve this issue there; I'll just make a direct copy and call it TLFFlare and then convert all the UTFlares to TLFFlares and that should take care of it. If I need to set AlwaysRelevant for ALL the flares, well, that might degrade net performance, but I can do that if necessary (or try bNoDelete). Let me know which one works best.

Not sure what to do about the SK-6 scriptwarning, but if it's only for clients online and it's only that warning, well, really, fuck it. Not worth spending ages trying to fix it.

Also, I added stock Unreal weapons for coop only for the start point and the second set of spawners near the main gate (which do work when activated). The only problem with those is that sometimes you still spawn at the PlayerStarts at the beginning of the map instead of the new ones; it seems the first five aren't getting disabled when the second four get turned on.

I'll release TLF probably tomorrow night when I get back to my apartment and fix up the last few issues. Visiting family for the day Sunday.

User avatar Core

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 16:22

You may want to get rid of the default playerstarts then, and use this updated script for both singleplayer & coop, if you haven't already written it yourself:

//==============================================================================================================
// TLFPlayerStart
// Triggerable PlayerStart - supporting SP & as many coop gametypes as possible, since some coopgametypes don't
// check playerstarts for bcoopstart first, before using them.
//
// >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>USAGE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
// to initially enable a playerstart for COOP set bCoopStart, bSinglePlayerStart and bEnabled to True
// to initially disable a playerstart for COOP set those 3 variables to False
// Triggering the PS, will enable or disable it, by inverting the values of those 3 variabes
// setting bSinglePlayerUsage True will enable the playerstart in SP, regardless of the above settings
// setting bSinglePlayerUsage False will disable the playerstart in SP, regardless of the above settings
// the bSinglePlayerUsage variable has no effect in non-SP Modes (Dedic./listen server).
// Triggering the PlayerStart in SP gametypes has no effect, since you're not supposed to respawn anyway.
// >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
//
//==============================================================================================================
class TLFPlayerStart extends PlayerStart;

//Whether the PS is used in SP, regardless of the other settings (bcoopstart, bsingleplayerstart, benabled)
var (TLFPlayerStart) bool bSinglePlayerUsage;

function PreBeginPlay()
{
   Super.PreBeginPlay();

//SP Mode
   if (Level.NetMode == NM_StandAlone)
   {
      //Enable for singleplayer
      if (bSinglePlayerUsage)
      {
         bEnabled = True;
         bSinglePlayerStart = True;
         //Not necessary
         bCoopStart = True;
         //Triggering has no effect in SP
         Tag = '';
      }
      //Disabled
      else
      {
         bEnabled = False;
         bCoopStart = False;
         bSinglePlayerStart = False;
         Tag = '';
      }
   }
}

function Trigger( actor Other, pawn EventInstigator )
{
   //If we were active, disable
   if (bCoopStart)
   {
      bEnabled = False;
      bCoopStart = False;
      bSinglePlayerStart = False;
   }
   //If we were disabled, activate
   else
   {
      bEnabled = True;
      bCoopStart = True;
      bSinglePlayerStart = True;
   }
}

defaultproperties
{
bSinglePlayerUsage=False
bEnabled=False
bSinglePlayerStart=False
bCoopStart=False
}

dunno how much playerstart sets you're using, just don't forget to deactivate the "currently active set", when activating another set. (activation/deactication is toggled by triggering).

As for the relevance problem, only those flares in the skybox attached to the islands are affected. all others are fine.
I saw this in other maps too, like alshar's distancelightning in the skybox, making the maps act like a disco online.

bAlwaysRelevant should always be threated as a last resort though. I might rebuilt the map with the bnodelete option active on them and see if that fixes it, which i expect.

oh, and i was wrong about the 'still' animation being available in the mesh, was looking at the eightpick mesh instead of eightb mesh, it's not there.
It's called by tournamentweapon's TweenToStill function, which gets called by some clientside functions in the tournamentplayer class:

simulated function TweenToStill()
{
   TweenAnim('Still', 0.1);
}

Just empty this function in your sk6 class & things should be fine.

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 16:39

Nice, thanks for that. I'll try the new playerstarts and fix the gun.

[Edit] holy shit I am WAY too tired to do ANYTHING AT ALL for some reason; gonna finish this stuff off tomorrow at work DDDDDDDAMN
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 14 Jun 2010, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Core

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 17:04

I set all utflares bnodelete=True & saved the map, without rebuilding geometry.

I can confirm that the bNodelete fixed the utflare issues, on both the islands & the machine. The flares where moving nicely along with the machine & islands.

during this test i also found out that some tubelights were affected with same bug, aka not spawning on the client because their class has default bnodelete or bstatic or both, while editor has both of them false:

Warning: SpawnActor failed because class TubeLight has bStatic or bNoDelete

You may want to set those to bnodelete too.

EDIT: reason why I didn't detect these before, was because I'm testing first with my ecoop gametype/mut, which gets rid of these things and replaces them with my fakedeco, before attempting other gametypes.

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010, 17:42

RELEASED!

Fixed all (known) bugs aside from the skybox explosion/smoke not appearing in coop (would probably need to set bAlwaysRelevant which isn't really worth it). Everything else appears to work on and offline, including the playerstarts. I also fixed some smoke effect for the SK-6 that was never spawning correctly before, so now you should see a giant smoke cloud in addition to the normal smoke jets whenever a SK-6 rocket detonates. VICTORY

Here's the download links:

http://www.filefront.com/16746815/TheLa ... sFinal.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzzntojmnkz

User avatar Core

Subject: Re: [Released] The Last Fortress - Final

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010, 22:49

kewl, I put it on the servers couple of hours ago, all seems fine.

Thanks for caring about coop support 8) .

I found one minor bug however:
[spoiler]What? DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK :twisted:[/spoiler]

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 23:03

Yes....released...thanks Waff!
Old as Dirt

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 21:20

Yeah...Waff, you're gonna have to find some better upload sites than those. Both links rape my browser with spam and I can't even get them to process the d/l links.

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 23:09

Really? Filefront does that? Install adblock or something, but if you can recommend some other sites, I'll use 'em.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 23:16

Mister_Prophet wrote:Yeah...Waff, you're gonna have to find some better upload sites than those. Both links rape my browser with spam and I can't even get them to process the d/l links.

www.megaupload.com
www.rapidshare.com
www.hotfile.com
www.4shared.com
www.box.net

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 23:43

Those last three look decent, but Megaupload and Rapidshare are absolute bottom-barrel horrible :p

[Edit]

Try this?

http://hotfile.com/dl/49660357/670ca34/ ... l.rar.html

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010, 04:03

Yeah, that one is fine.

I dunno what happened there. Usually I have no problems using filefront. Anyway, kudos :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010, 11:23

Sadly, FileFront has become crap for months now. It is so hard trying to download something from it.
ImageImage

Previous Next