ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[RELEASED] [UT] The Last Fortress - Final

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [ut] The Last Fortress - Final

Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010, 18:25

Thanks Core, a bunch of those netcode bugs are mostly just instances of stuff I did in EXU that I didn't know about/how to fix until fairly recently. A lot of TLF code is just an extension of my knowledge of EXU code at the time, so I'll go fix that stuff.

CoopPlayerstarts would require a custom gametype that supports enabling or disabling them, but I did that for EXU and it only takes a second to create a new Singleplayer2 subclass with the relevant code in it.

I'll also take care of the weapon thing. Yeah, I've experienced that before, and it is really annoying :o

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 00:52

you could try the ghetto method, attach playerstarts to a mover and drag them under the floor, i think playerstarts in unspawnable areas get ignored by the gametype when searching for places to spawn

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 02:05

Here's my feedback on TLF v2, it's in a spoiler just in case:
[spoiler]I played on medium as I didn't have that much time, and I rushed a bit so I didn't check any secrets after climbing the first chain. I noticed some rifle ammo is lying around, which I recall is something I requested before, so now it's about right. For medium/easy there could maybe be a little more health after you first get into the main fort as I got down to critical health there and had to backtrack for more (as a lot of items there are past the battlement enemies and Titans).

While the first chain is much easier to find now, some of the later chains/ladders in darker areas could maybe do with a highlight too; while far less likely to be game-stoppers than the first some still seem a little easy to overlook if you aren't specifically looking for them. When you're high up if you jump off one edge of the fort you can get stuck on a slope against the wall (I think I mentioned this last time). The boss seemed fine on normal, but I can't tell how it would be for weaker players as the new Warlord rockets are inherently pretty nasty. That's all the main stuff I can recall; everything else seems fine and stuff like the bridge encounter is also much fairer now.[/spoiler]
Formerly Mman

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 02:26

Thanks again MMAN! I'll probably stick a bit more health near the main gate on medium and easy and hopefully that will settle the gameplay balance on lower difficulties. And an extra seed or two.

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 03:59

TLF would be kickass on coop!

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 21:56

Waff, extra last minute order: include another almost impossible to reach area, one with the highest adrenaline shot ever seen in a game. I abslucrediblefully hated TLF until I found out how to fly \o/ :wink:

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010, 01:51

or perhaps make prequel map called "The Second to Last Fortress", where it takes place on one of the other floating islands out there. :lol:
Image Image

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010, 01:58

-Shadow- wrote:or perhaps make prequel map called "The Second to Last Fortress", where it takes place on one of the other floating islands out there. :lol:

Or on the other section that were suposedly on the rock you were on. What about that door that was behind you at the start, and the whole backstory included in the logs?
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010, 03:28

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:Or on the other section that were suposedly on the rock you were on. What about that door that was behind you at the start, and the whole backstory included in the logs?

hmm.... to be honest, I never read the backstory, but the door behind you when you start? Hmmmm.... I just now thought about that.
Image Image

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010, 21:28

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:...
What about that door that was behind you at the start, and the whole backstory included in the logs?

I second the motion. All in favour? Yea \o/

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010, 23:39

lol, if only there was such a thing as infinite time :p

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 21:43

RELEASE IMMINENT

Working on fixing coop issues right now. Core and MrLoathsome will get back to me later today with any bugs they encounter and then, once those are fixed, I'll release the final.

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 23:35

This map was incredible as initially released. I can't wait to see the fine-tuned final version:)
Old as Dirt

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 23:38

Methinks the status needs changing to "Released".

Hmm, what happens to the Upcoming Maps post now? I don't think we have a protocol for this. :shock:
Life is what you make of it.

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 23:48

Not released yet; still being tested.

I guess we could move the thread to a "Completed Projects" forum which functions like this one so it doesn't continue to clutter up the upcoming maps page on the main site. It would be a good quick reference to see which projects "made it," so to speak, and when they did. The review on the main site (assuming it has its own review) would be its final home, so there doesn't need to be a new website page for "complete projects" like there is for upcoming maps.

Just an idea!

Previous Next