Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Found at OldUnreal: "Master Unreal"

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Found at OldUnreal: "Master Unreal"

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 17:33

Episode one (5 maps) of a proposed eight-episode series has been released. The author describes it as a "coop pack". Is anybody aware of the project / has anybody checked it out?

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1267373732
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 17:59

Wow, holy crap.. nice find! Going to give it a go right now.

EDIT:

Had a go at it (only took me about 10 minutes), and I must say that I was very letdown by this work. The last maps of this episode just have the player traveling a very short distance without any action in the course of 3 .unr files. I can imagine that the author got pretty lazy after the first level :shock:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 18:36

That's a shame. Especially as he said he'd been working on it since 2007. :P

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Sinistral
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 21:25

Just had a go too, very short and really it could have all been done in a single map. I liked the generator room, quite cool use of a revolving mover. I can live with low detail architecture as long as the lighting tries to mask it in some way, but I'm sure most of it was just zone lighting.

A part I found quite funny was when I tried to open a door, only to be smacked in the head by the sign above it and then set on fire. :-)

I didn't understand why the brutes were all sitting looking at pictures of heavy metal band album covers and FPS shooter games.

Overall, I'm not sure what the actual aim of the pack was, if there was really any story etc. But considering how young the guy who made it was we could be seeing good things from him in the future. I only hope his next release comes with at least some documentation so I have an idea what I'm doing before starting.

User avatar Master_Unreal
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Found at OldUnreal: "Master Unreal"

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010, 22:08

Yes that would be me, lol

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the work I did on episode 1 either, but hell, I was just starting at the time, what can ya say? :P There hasn't been any updates recently because of a computer issue I had, but that's all sorted out now

I may re-do that whole part, but I just wanna leave it alone for a bit, been working on it for a long time now, and wanted to move on, and yes, I did get lazy, but as I said, I may go back to that and re-do some of it

There isn't too much of a story, there may be some mini-plots here and there, but a story is not really planned out yet

There is a new monster I am animating atm, Hell-Lord is the name right now, that may change tho

Here is a pic of the level I am currently working on, I'm also using a tech demo track for that map (UNREALS.S3M) i thought it fit nicely with the theme

Again, this is still being worked on, feedback would be very helpful and heavily appreciated

Seeing as there is a topic already here, expect to see some updates from time to time

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010, 23:59

Hey Master_Unreal! Welcome to the forums!

I honestly haven't played this released version of the map pack yet, but I surely will soon. I'll provide my feedback and opinions later.

Oh, and about the brutes staring at the metal band album covers: yeahhhh, I'm gonna guess that you put Judas Priest in there lol
Image Image

User avatar Master_Unreal
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010, 02:22

Does this ring a bell at all?

Still a work in progress

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010, 03:00

wait, that looks really familiar. Is that the very first level without the over-used starship textures?
Image Image