ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Project Xenome : First Day

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jazz
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Project Xenome : First Day

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 00:17

Happy new year everyone !!!!!!

Ive just recovered from a huge house party :lol:

This is the first of three packs that will replace the original Project Xenome.

It is now ready after careful beta-ing by your friendly neighbourhood Jet435 and a few others (non members). All problems have hopefully been ironed out and play tested. The setting is mainly in a Terran semi-underground industrial complex that deals with mining and Tarydium.

There's nothing new in the way of pawns or other monsters as i'm not a coder/programmer or artist, just the stock creatures. Filtering is used for pawns/ammo and health so feel free to experiment with difficulty.
Thx to everyone who gave me a second chance to give you all something new to play.........have fun!

umod

http://www.mediafire.com/?xfyqeyhyy0w

non umod

http://www.mediafire.com/?ilnyznzmznt

mirror umod

http://www.filefactory.com/f/6a8b09f6e4c9de74/

mirror non umod

http://www.filefactory.com/f/74db3cf52e185524/
Last edited by jazz on 25 Jan 2010, 00:13, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 02:10

Um...why does it say "Installing Operation NaPali" ?

And why are all the maps the same name as the ONP maps, just with an X at the end of each one?

Either way ima go play and see what this really is...
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 02:19

Shivaxi wrote:And why are all the maps the same name as the ONP maps, just with an X at the end of each one?

As far as I can see, the only maps with the same names plus an "X" on the end are "ONP-map00Intro.unr" and "ONP-map01FirstDay.unr". The rest are different.

I believe he has created this pack using the ONP content, so that must be why he chose to use the ONP prefix. As to why the first map is also called "First Day", I'm not sure. As long as the mod doesn't overwrite any ONP content, I don't see why it matters anyway.

Congratulations on this release, Jazz. I hope people enjoy it! :)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 06:12

Loving it so far. SOOOO half life though (not a bad thing, just makes me chuckle). I am now stuck at the bit with all the green goo all over the floor. It's instant killing me and I can't see how to progress..... Could I get some tips? :)

edit: finished it. It was good stuff. I thought there were going to be 40 maps as opposed to 9 but this being the official re-release and only part one of three (?) it's all good.

BTW, did you filter out health and ammo as well as filter in enemies? because I played it on unreal difficulty and was on a single point of health with nothing but the dispersion pistol for a large part of the game. I had to summon superhealth packs at two or three points... And I gave myself dual automags when I simply couldn't kill three skaarj lords with the dispersion pistol and 27 health.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar jazz

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 11:38

The maps with an X at the end are to stop me overwriting the originals so i can work from them to create the new packs. I suppose i could of called them different names but as LH mentioned it does'nt really matter as nobody should really have the original pack anyway.

People may think its half life looking but it was actually based on where i work (oil refinery) the look not the physical layout, and i could only use the textures avaliable that i could find (stock and otherwise).

I play unreal on medium setting mostly as i'm not good enough to play on hard upwards, and i think it was Mr Phrophet who mentioned that 'easy' was for people who are new to FPS, 'medium' was for most like me, 'hard' is meant to be hard and 'unreal' is practically impossible although there are secret places where there is health and ammo stashed. Just look around for them like you did in ONP.
As a general rule if i keep getting wooped on a certain difficulty i knock it down a notch, it usually gives me a good game while i can still progress.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 12:20

Can someone offer a mirror ? I can't download it through mediafire - I have "The connection was reset" error all the time.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 12:28

jazz wrote: 'unreal' is practically impossible

This isn't the real definition of that difficulty. It's called very hard; impossible is something that you cannot beat in this game unless you're just a lucky shot (see Unreality).
ImageImage

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 12:36

Or you are UBerserker who can play anything on Unreal^^?
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

--------------------------------------------------
>:E

User avatar Lightning Hunter

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 12:47

Unreal skill shouldn't be impossible. I automatically play everything on Unreal skill, because anything easier is usually too easy. The only map pack I can think of that was really hard for me on Unreal skill was Zero Black, by EddX. I think he really did make it nearly impossible.

If you want to go by the default Unreal episode standards, Unreal skill is far too easy. That's why I created the Limbo mutator. User-made packs should definitely be much harder than Unreal skill was for the original Unreal episode. I think Xidia was pretty balanced when it came to the Unreal skill, but it's been a while since I played it.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 13:30

jazz wrote:I play unreal on medium setting mostly as i'm not good enough to play on hard upwards, and i think it was Mr Phrophet who mentioned that 'easy' was for people who are new to FPS, 'medium' was for most like me, 'hard' is meant to be hard and 'unreal' is practically impossible although there are secret places where there is health and ammo stashed. Just look around for them like you did in ONP.
As a general rule if i keep getting wooped on a certain difficulty i knock it down a notch, it usually gives me a good game while i can still progress.

I generally do that too, but it's a bit of a hassle when you've gotten all the way to map 5 out of 9 and then go "this is too hard, I'm starting again" :lol:

And I was about to play zero black.... I only ever go up to unreal skill to fight as many enemies as possible. If I could I would play every pack on medium but fight all the enemies of unreal difficulty. Skaarj tower has given me a taste for slaughter fests; I played that on unreal difficulty and the blood never stopped flying :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 14:53

Good job, very nice gameplay. I think you can also release it as unpacked (non-umod) version.

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 16:17

TheIronKnuckle wrote:SOOOO half life though

you found half life though? i found it easy even on highest difficult :lol:

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 19:16

I really like this gameplay :). Got one hint for ya - in Oppressive Metal you can add some effect on water to let player know that going there can be deadly :). Just make a huge sheet with some fire effect, make it as translucent, set it's target key to some far place outside a map and movetime to 0, then just trigger it.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 19:24

Great News jazz!!! I had a feeling you would come through with your promise :D

I'm really happy to see the ball drop with this project in 2010. I hope others will follow as well :tup:

User avatar jazz

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 21:36

Got one hint for ya - in Oppressive Metal you can add some effect on water to let player know that going there can be deadly . Just make a huge sheet with some fire effect, make it as translucent, set it's target key to some far place outside a map and movetime to 0, then just trigger it.

Interesting ... Did'nt think of that. I just thought the flashing light at the power outlet would let the player know not to venture there. Mind you its always obvious when your the one building it !

Next