UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

== Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: == Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019, 22:22

Really looking forward for Version 8. Hopefully the upcoming features carry over to G59. Been dying to play some EXU2 for a while.
M'nali

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019, 08:46

The V8 stuff so far works perfectly in G59 without any changes made to G59 maps, so I think you'll be able to just drop it right in and get more or less the exact same experience!

More stuff done:

• Frostclaw: Added glyphs on sealed doors to better indicate which areas are locked initially, with messages on the glyphs that explain where to go to unlock them
  • Fixed missing beep special events for shield rechargers and health stations in SP
  • Cleaned up wording in all of the translator messages
  • Reduced blast radius on missile launcher explosions from 1500 to 1200
  • Made many of the Reactor room enemies Unreal-only and/or less-than-100% odds of appearing, plus additional item drops for those enemies
  • Doomhouse: Added a global LootIndex to all spawners, increasing the drop rates on Easy, Medium, and Hard, plus increasing armor drop rates on all difficulties
  • Reduced many of the harsher enemies on lower difficulties (lower odds of appearing, item drops to compensate, etc.), particularly Shrapnel Mercenaries

I'm going to soon be out of town for a few weeks, but will be back to work in mid-January!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019, 12:33

Diego96 wrote:Really looking forward for Version 8. Hopefully the upcoming features carry over to G59. Been dying to play some EXU2 for a while.

AFAIK the biggest v8 feature is the armor shard drops which is related to pawn actors, so yeah I was expecting G59 to run in v8 pretty much normally and it seems like it's going to be that :D
Essentially it's going to boil down to balance fixes and new tips solely for the next G59 version.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019, 21:45

Ugh Doomhouse was so full of obnoxious bullshit. Continuing the previous list:

• Tweaked Demon Tentacles: halved projectile speed, and slowed down fire rate (set bFinishAttackAnim to True)
  • Removed all biterfish (they served no purpose other than to be annoyances)
  • Added an armor dispenser (across from the EnergyAR ammo dispenser) that gives you fresh EXU Armor and EXU Thighpads, usable every 10 minutes. Also dropped the delay from 15 to 10 minutes on the ammo dispenser so you can use both at the same time when passing by.
  • Tried to make some of the progression switches more obvious since in Chizra, you didn't have a billion other things going on visually to distract from button operations, but here they blend in pretty well. May end up just getting rid of some of those and replacing them with normal glowing button pads or something.
  • Added Blast Bapes to the first secret area which previously just had some energizer balls and EnergyAR ammo
  • Added some SK6 ammo pickups
  • Added possibility of RFPC ammo drops from Plasma Mercs (which are also rarer)

I've barely even gotten through the first quarter of the map in my recent playthroughs before getting killed or seeing something that needed fixing, so expect more stuff in this one. Bleh, what a slog it's been in the past -- I'm doing my best to keep it hard, but not boring-hard.

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019, 06:10

Doomhouse and Corruption felt like there could have been much more hidden goodies in addition to the already well hidden one that exist. Maybe a Stun flare or two somewhere on easier difficulties? Cos it gets pretty damn congested. As for the Archdemon area? It's honestly an amazing setting. No need to change that except maybe for the odd tweak.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019, 01:20

One idea for the Archdemon fight make the lava attack you :P
yes! thought you were safe? dem slow fire balls will sure make someone shake haha (including me being honest)
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019, 02:41

Oh! Nearly forgot a REALLY important suggestion. The Tachyon Driver's skin. I edited it in one of my mods, but it still needs an official fix. I think that's everything!
Pls play Unreal

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019, 06:46

I agree, time had to came for EXU2 to leave its goofy features
to fit the serious beginnings it is reaching now

Tachyon Driver's faulty texture spot surprised me it stayed this long, like it was meant as a part of it
Hehe honestly I would love if that part glowed when charging. this aint the click-shoot shock rifle, this thing CHARGES maniacal power :twisted:
I grant you the ultimate power!

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019, 09:19

Can you guys post a screenshot of this Tachyon Driver skin issue? I haven't seen anything wrong with it but it could be my renderer settings hiding a problem.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019, 21:41

Didn't notice it either

Think you should remove all Biterfish anyway, you can easily blow them off and all they do is visually cluttering pools.
ImageImage

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019, 03:54

Image What it currently looks like

Image What it SHOULD look like.

I think it's merely a case of textures being multiskinned in the wrong order. Easy mistake to make with 1st person models. It might also be due to the pickup texture conflicting.
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019, 11:19

I think I see the MultiSkins issue on one of the parts, but the biggest difference between those screenshots is one has bNoFiltering set in the renderer (or weapon class) and one doesn't. That's not the issue right?

I'd take a closer look but I'm currently in Thailand soooo :V

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020, 04:04

Nope. I play without filters. So It looks like Doom. Sorry for the confusion
But you can see where the skin doesn't align by the muzzle

Oh yea. I don't know why you encourage Stealth in the Soul Storage. There's so many enemies it's almost impossible to avoid detection, and even a single shot alerts everyone anyway.

As far as the whole campaign goes. You should still include the choice of removing or keeping old Flares, rather than removing them entirely. Sometimes quantity benefits as much as quality. But I do understand the hassle of cycling through all the inventory just to get to it. So In short, don't actually cut them out all together. The Bio Flare can cause crashes though.
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 21:44

Fixed the Tachyon Driver! Just needed to do the RenderOverlays trick, same one used for the Clusterfucker and RFPC.

As for encouraging stealth, I haven't for quite some time as far as I'm aware -- there used to be a message at the start saying to watch yourself, but I ended up getting rid of it since it seemed odd that the Seraphim would know so much detail about your current whereabouts just from a location beacon. Beyond that, I don't think anything else suggests you should try to hide from enemies pretty much anywhere in EXU.

Also, flare options aren't going away, and I haven't considered removing them either. I won't be adding any new obsolete flares to EXU maps, but the ones that are already placed are sticking around unless they end up causing problems somehow. So don't worry about that.

In other news, facelifting for Realm of Corruption (Map 11) is going well:

User avatar UTNerd24

Subject: Re: == Version 7.3? [6-66-6666] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020, 00:35

Buff Skeleton wrote:In other news, facelifting for Realm of Corruption (Map 11) is going well:

Damn, that's SMOOTH! I can almost feel how much better that performs. A Small suggestion for the DoomOrb part: Increase the Demon Master's Mass so that it's corpse can be gibbed and break the sequence. Unless of course you want that to be a thing. I'm aware there's a plane that prevents skipping ahead, but that doesn't mean people won't be quick enough to act.

So what's the deal again? You're optimizing/revamping the maps all the way to Telefire or what?
► Show Spoiler

On a side note, It took me over a decade realize that the Chef Brute spray from ChaosUT is you. :D
Last edited by UTNerd24 on 24 Jan 2020, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
Pls play Unreal

Previous Next