UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

G59 -RevolveR- X [OBSOLETE]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: <EXU2> "G59 -RevolveR- BALANCE OF THE OUTERWORLD"

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016, 22:20

Holy crap, UB :o shit just got real :twisted: good luck with the last map and ending cutscene!!! \o/
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016, 03:41

Hype levels rising to dangerous numbers!
As much as I love Cybernetika, you should make the final boss music orchestral. Also, if said boss is going to be who I think it is, I think Ive actually seen a variation of him that can shoot different/multiple projectiles.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016, 10:16

UTNerd24 wrote:Hype levels rising to dangerous numbers!
As much as I love Cybernetika, you should make the final boss music orchestral. Also, if said boss is going to be who I think it is, I think Ive actually seen a variation of him that can shoot different/multiple projectiles.

Last boss music is by Xenofish. Luckily it literally came out at the best time.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016, 00:16

Expect important news next week.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: G59 -RevolveR- X

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016, 19:11

INFO AND DOWNLOAD HERE

• Full campaign released. There won't be likely any other addition related to level expansions, just bugfixes or semi-revamps for when a new core EXU2 patch is out. Hotfix patches will still be a thing in case of emergency.
  • Patchlog in the main page. Same one I posted almost a month ago, nothing much changed.
  • Technical major bugs are still a thing; they are detailed in the readme. Save bugs will still happen and the zoom feature can cause extreme slowdowns.
  • If you have the old songlist in your music folder (the one from previous patch), delete all of it and apply in the newer one.
  • Easy difficulty has been overly softened. I'd want a lot of people to play G59, and Easy difficulty should be now dumbed-down enough (except the later maps for the most part). Medium and Hard also received various changes. Unreal still remains a sadistic milestone.
  • Mouse wheel is necessary to select some weapons, namely the Screamer and the SK6. You can cycle beyond the Shotty to get to them but once you pick up the LRPC, you have to cycle behind the Extractor instead. I cannot fix this bug as this is purely EXU2-related.
  • The "ThrowWeapon" command might come in handy if you want to throw useless weapons (e.g. Hellgun halfway in the game) so weapon cycling gets less messy.
  • Reminder: shadow swarms are destroyed by the Hellgun's secondary fire and the Firestorm (don't translocate when the latter item is active). Tachyon's secondary is also good.
  • Almost all the bosses are immune or even drain Tachyon damage. There is a water-based that isn't, though.
  • Archdemons are taken down with Tachyon beams. Don't get in their lines of sight and anticipate their movements.
  • Coop is still of course supported. Unlike Batshit Insane's one, G59's coop plays almost like its Single Player counterpart.

I'm really glad I managed to finish this pack, damn it's been six years? Either way it was almost making me insane, I hope a lot of people play it. Enjoy!

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: G59 -RevolveR- X

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 07:18

No words...
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 13:14

Waffnuffly hopefully should put up a google drive mirror late in the day or in the following week.
If you have problems with the last battle, try to run around the energy pillar, near those four brushes. He should get heavily slowed down. A lot of things in that map were cut off as the level was exponentially going into implosion territory (for the record - only a converted Demonlord's Lair made it in from the cut Phase 3 of old G59's vers. The Mothership conversion was scrapped).

Tell me if Easy/Medium are tolerable enough.
Last edited by UB_ on 30 Oct 2016, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 14:48

► Show Spoiler
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 16:00

Depends, what rendering device are you using? I don't have HOM issues there unless you mean the energy pillar's fog not being visible when you see the skybox (that's an engine limitation).

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 16:04

Im using Direct3D 9, As I've found it is much more stable and is capable of handling things like the Rainbow Nuclear Beamer 2007 and Volatile Weapon Cluster Redeemers.
EXU OpenGL is cool and all, but I made the switch seeing how Direct3D is capable of handling much more crazy effects to an extent.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 16:06

I think that device doesn't support uncapped draw distance. The boss area is probably large enough it needs that.
Last edited by UB_ on 30 Oct 2016, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 16:19

Damn. Well what do you suggest alternatively? Half the time I use OpenGL, it crashes when looking at landscapes such as EXU Bluff Eversmoking and Yaksha from afar.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 16:20

I think Direct3D10 supports uncapped draw distance.

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 16:22

Alright, Thanks for the info. Just a shame that it doesn't have the option to disable texture filters. Oh well. I live.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 12:34

I was looking for a decent way to express my satisfaction at seeing the full release of G59.
Kinda failed.
Rest assured, UB, that when I can play in good conditions, I will download this and experience the entire package from start to finish with new commentaries to come - especially for the new maps and ending!

Cheers man, and to all: give G59 a whirl, it's one of the most amazing experiences in the Unreal/UT universe... and now it's complete!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Previous Next