A random sentence for a random mind.

Unreal Terrain

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

Madman Widagun
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Unreal Terrain

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 16:11

Im fairly new to UnrealED and am looking for a good way to make terrain for Unreal, the Tutorials over the internet havent covered this except for in Verticy editing which I dont understand (any help with verticy editing?)
Im looking for a good way to make terrain like outside ground which is not just flat, cliff walls and rocks.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 17:17

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500
I also found out how to make those Unreal 1 like terrains only with ued.. but I havent the testmap anymore.. ask Jackrabbit or so..
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 18:09

I sure do have it..

will upload later today/tommorow for ya. It really is a great tutorial that gives you real "from the editor" examples of creating unreal1 like terrain. For me, with this tutorial and the more recent Proph lighting tutorial..... need I say more...

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 18:52

maybe good to give a permanent link.. also to the thread with the tools / give Hellscrag a link, so he can put that on the main site.
there's more

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: Unreal Terrain

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 20:14

Madman Widagun wrote:Im fairly new to UnrealED and am looking for a good way to make terrain for Unreal, the Tutorials over the internet havent covered this except for in Verticy editing which I dont understand (any help with verticy editing?)
Im looking for a good way to make terrain like outside ground which is not just flat, cliff walls and rocks.

You CAN'T make good terrain without vertex editing unless you are making your terrain in another package altogether like Maya, Blender or Max.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 20:18

Hellscrag wrote:
Madman Widagun wrote:Im fairly new to UnrealED and am looking for a good way to make terrain for Unreal, the Tutorials over the internet havent covered this except for in Verticy editing which I dont understand (any help with verticy editing?)

You CAN'T make good terrain without vertex editing unless you are making your terrain in another package altogether like Maya, Blender or Max.

Anywise you are right.. my methods have also their limits... :D

Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 20:42

Creavion wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:

Anywise you are right.. my methods have also their limits... :D

I did vertex edit when I went through Creavion's tutorial. After all, that is what makes YOUR terrain YOUR terrain.