Scout-kun is a lie... right?

UT99 SDK

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: UT99 SDK

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011, 10:26

As for Unreal 227 read here

As for the SDK: you simply pick out a mesh you want to display in the UED 2.0 mesh browser. then you go to the sdkStaticMeshActor and simply click on the StaticMesh tab on use... that's all. There'll be as always tutorials and documentation shipped with the next release.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011, 14:02

Delemary wrote:speaking of meshes. idk how the hell to add them to my map in editor 2 and 2.1 i can do it in 4.1 but yea. makign a map last night and went to the meshes and found a nice pipe mesh i wanted to use. from there i didnt know what to do ahaha. tips?

Sounds like you're trying to add the pipe deco from UT. The mesh browser shows you all imported meshes, but you can't place those directly in the level - instead, you gotta place a decoration actor somewhere. There's a Pipe and PipeBend actor under UTDecoration you probably would want. If not, you can always place a Dice actor or something else from Decoration and change its Mesh field (under Display) manually.

Delemary
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011, 22:29

Oh jesus. so much more steps then ED 4 and UDK haha. thanks man

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011, 05:11

Well so here's the last Preview Update before the release... finally.
On the two pictures you see the first official snapshots of my Particle Engine "Unreal Enigma" which was the last new feature to be added in the September Update. It still needs a lot of improvements but the basic system works FINALLY. Except for the Emitter Actor NO other Actors or Objects are used to render the particles, so neither Objects nor Actors are spawned, created or updated. That was one of my main goals to archive.

Image Image

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011, 20:13

September Beta Release

Finally, it's about time. I worked from March to October for this release, implementing a whole new Particle Engine was quite difficult. Nevertheless here's the new UTSDK Beta!!

New Features

• Vertex Sprite Rendering
  • Vertex Corona Rendering
  • Static Mesh Support
  • Unreal Enigma Particle Engine
  • Decoration Layer
  • Vector2D Support (Internal)

Fixes/Updates

• false native function identifiers in the IMPLEMENT_FUNCTION(OBJECT, ID, execNAME) macro of sdkObject.uc have been corrected
  • completed work on all LinkedLists of new LevelInfo, LinkedLists now fully work both in-Editor and ingame
  • in-Editor UNDO/REDO bug for all render actors removed
  • in-Editor UNDO/REDO Support for all render actors
  • improved Render Pass
  • all functions in UnSDKMath.h (sdkCore.dll) are inlines now (speed increase)

Download

UTSDK September 2011 Beta (Build 250) - 18,3 MB

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011, 21:25

Shiiiiiiit Moddb verification tiiiiime is killing meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!1!1!11oneoneoneeleven~!

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011, 10:17

No custom mesh format for static meshes? Seeing the docs with all the Not yet implemented makes me think you pushed it for release, so it's ok. The reason I mention this is because the UMesh format uses BYTE for U/V maps and isn't very accurate, as well as vertex precision being slightly off due to compression, but really it's only good for importing new custom models from stuff like milkshape/3dsmax for terrain..

Speaking of that, do these static meshes have collision? I couldn't hit anything I placed, making me wonder if I did something wrong, the .cpp src seems to be limited so I can't draw any conclusions from that

The particle engine is pretty cool, nothing much to say on that :)

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011, 11:08

No, no custom mesh format. It's simply easiear this way. The mesh data is simply taken and rendered without any animation information. Concerning collision it simply didn't make into this release it was so much work to do and there's also RL and other mods I work for (food fight).

Thanks for the feedback, I admit everyone who's testing it shall post feedback and criticism/bug reports.

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011, 16:20

October Beta Update/Preview

Since time between both updates was just 2 weeks I didn't manage to implement THAT much as in Build 250, but I think a Material System is still a nice new feature, especially for Mappers.

New Features

• Material System: supports Texture Combiners, Texture Panners, Texture Oscillators, Texture Scalers, Emissive Materials - works both on BSP and Meshes! This also means: Macro and Detail Textures on Meshes!
  • New Trigger System
  • New extended Timer Scripting Feature, allows multiple Timer Events to be called by their individual Names (supports Infinite Loop, Counted Loop and Once Only sequences)

Fixes/Updates

• Occlusion Checks for Static Meshes (improves Performance)
  • Particle Engine Documentation

Media

Image Image

New Video:
Last edited by Shadow on 23 Oct 2011, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011, 20:39

Can't wait
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011, 20:59

Haha yeah, just one week this time until next release ;)

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011, 21:41

I have to admit that the UT99 SDK is still something I'm very interested in. September build had a very nice assortment of features, many of which I haven't even played around with yet. Looking forward to further iterations. From what it seems, you're building a seriously neat tool-set. I'm definitely excited.

I do want to ask about the static meshes and the "level-streaming" system that I've heard about a few times regarding the SDK. For static meshes, I'm curious about the features it currently has and what you have in mind for later. When it comes to using SM's for massive detail placement throughout levels, I usually opt in with applying simplified ICH's or movers with collision proxies applied at every iteration so as to 1) decrease the amount of brushes bogging the node count and messing with the BSP and 2) collision doesn't have to be as complex as a lot of the detail, so massive wall collision hulls over a relatively complex wall in a hallway would be both gameplay-optimized and better from a technical perspective.*

*[spoiler]Collision proxy support built into the static mesh actor would actually be a pretty helpful feature. Unreal Architect made the ones that I'm thinking about, so you might ask him for the code or something. This would allow mappers to add SM's to the map, then make a simplified version of that decoration using BSP, then intersect and add it as a mover somewhere outside of the map. The collision proxy actors (or static meshes, in your case) can then be told to use one of the mover's collision models for their own collision, which would be helpful because you can use one mover's collision model for however many instances you need in the play area.[/spoiler]

And I also remember a level-streaming sort of system being mentioned. It may not be implemented yet, but I was wondering if that would still be a focus for the future, as it's a very interesting and tempting feature.

That's it. Keep up the fantastic work, Shadow.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011, 21:46

Thanks for your feedback!

Static Meshes: well I have to add a lot of additional things, like collision support, occlusion checks

Level Streaming: it was first build by moonangel, the main coder back in Lost Secrets of Na Pali Times, he had the simple but effective idea to buffer the level state in a savegame upon leaving a level, when re-entering the level state is reloaded again and you see the level exactly like you left it, it's even possible to cast events on a inter-level-base (Get Key in Level B to open a Door in Level A to Level C), it'll be definitively implemented in the near future

medor
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 23:38

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:7777/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:7777/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:5555/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:5555/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6777/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6777/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6666/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6666/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011, 00:21

Thanks for sharing the videos, but please note that the fake fluid surface and fake dynamic shadows by daewon have nothing to do with the SDK!

October Beta Release

Only two weeks after the September release the October release is available. Thus I only implement 2 new major features and some minor features. Some fixes and improvements here and there.

New Features

• Distance Fog Support (per-Level Setup, per-Zone Setup, Vertex/Pixel Rendering, Dynamic Color, Dynamic Distance, 3 Fog Modes)
  • Material Support (Texture Combiners, Texture Oscillators, Texture Panners, Emissive Materials, Emissive Panners), works currently only on BSP
  • New Trigger System
  • New Timer System, allows for multiple unique timer function calls

Fixes/Updates

• Decoration Layer, supports Copy & Paste Mode
  • Static Meshes, supports Occlusion Checks and Simple Collision
  • improved Base Render and Sprite Render
  • new OpenGL Render Driver, based on UTGLR by Chris Dohnal

Download

UTSDK October 2011 Beta (Build 271) - 19,8 MB

Previous Next