Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Mover Errors

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

xortion
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Mover Errors

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013, 17:18

Hi all

My understanding of the effect of having a lot of movers usually in combination with something to do with the geometry of the map results in the movers not being rendered. I just opened a map that I hadn't touched in a few months, and last time I checked I didn't have the problem. Now, however, most of the movers are invisible until they actually move. Is there a way to fix this?

xortion
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: Mover Errors

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013, 17:30

Update! For anyone else who has this problem, what I did is copy everything into a blank new map, and moved everything within one plane (don't know if that did much). The movers were still not showing. However, after that I saved the map separately, then deleted all the movers in the new map file. I opened another instance of UE and copied all the movers from the old map file into the new map file and rebuilt geometry. All the movers work fine now. Sort of a weird sounding fix, but at least it works :)

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: Mover Errors

Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013, 21:10

I think you might try selecting all movers and "order" them to last.

Even better, select all brushes, goto the ying yang icon on the tools, it will select everything but brushes, (invert selection), then right click any actor and send the whole mess "to last".

Brushes, you can select all the green ones "non solids" and send them ,to last, but then do the movers again after that. (or all the actors if you want)

This can also help botpaths and some other problems, seems if the bots are acting funny without explanation, sending all actors to last seems to cure some very odd things, it's not just the paths the paths will look fine, but it does fix odd weirdness problems that don't make sense.
Just ban everyone