Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

One more property FINALLY figured it out.

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: One more property FINALLY figured it out.

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013, 19:38

many more to go who can explain things with simple terms.

But what I discovered if I set a shoot trigger, and set it to "is kill goal" I believe the pupae went after it since there was no way to get at that trigger.

Which brings me to my next question.

Instead of just leading bots through a map, monsterhunt here, I wish there was a way to have bots WANT to go someplace, but not from any navigation points at all.

so if there was a way to make the bots want to kill some pawn, or some tagged pawn, of course they still need the path nodes.
The way it is now they have to be shot at for them to actively go after or shoot at an enemy and spawned enemies.

So i need to attract them by a pickup, but they (bots) don't care about killing the enemy.
Just ban everyone

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: One more property FINALLY figured it out.

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013, 22:31

Hey, what if I put out regular triggers around the map, trigger them on after I spawn a pawn and just put the default tag of the enemy as the event.
This still wouldn't make the Bots attack, but it would speed up attacks from an enemy directed at the bots.?
Just ban everyone

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013, 00:44

there is an actor in the tree called inventory spot. Have you messed with that?

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013, 01:55

I think that is the same (added into code) for all pickups.

What I want is for them to actively go after *** pawn via a trigger or some setting that makes the bots hate.Not just lure them in the vicinity which could also work I guess.

Something like a monsterwaypoint, but instead of a numbered sequence, force them to goto an enemy instead, like a hatewaypoint.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013, 05:36

I know it isn't the same gametype, but you could try using those flag markers used the in the Assault gametype to at least get the bots to head to an area, in which case they may engage the pawns there. Again, I dunno if it will work right cus I've never tried it but if they function outside of AS then perhaps with some tweaking...

There was once an AS map I played that used a modified version of one of these actors, merging it with a Skaarj Lord as an active, mobile target that the bots would attack as if it were a mission objective. It was actually kind of clever, but like I said this was AS.

Seems that merely adding priority inventory to the areas you need the bots to go could be the easiest route (at least get them in sight radius) but none of this stuff is really smooth. You want it to flow naturally, and to do that you may need a new actor. Or at least a really could subclass. In my experience with bots in UT it really is the team based gametypes that have the actors for that kind of stuff, i.e. getting them to move through coordinated paths. There is an actor called Alternate Path that may at least redirect them somewhat. Maybe look at some CTF or DOM levels for these.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013, 07:43

Hmm, well MH is like SP coop, and you can't compile anything because the dang guy took out all the code and won't compile.

I am going to try that trigger idea using an event as the tag of the enemy (3 Titans) I think if they constantly run through the triggers it will poke at the enemy to see them and start attacking.THEN the bots will attack back .
I can do this test pretty quick and see what gives.

nothing yet, trying on spawned titans, but still need to try a few settings.
Will try on placed pawns to see as well.
Just ban everyone

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013, 02:43

Now I am not sure if it was those pupae that triggered that trigger.There is really no other explanation at this time.See if I can duplicate it since I didn't save that map.
Just ban everyone