Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Interpolationpoint is it posible on netwerk/coopgame online?

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar sm1key
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Interpolationpoint is it posible on netwerk/coopgame online?

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2007, 16:10

hey all.. i dont know if im am on the right board.. also asked on oldunreal forum..

ehmm does some one know how to make this use full in co-op games? i have seen it before on normal coopgames online in the Endgame.unr

Interpolationpoint is it posible on netwerk/coop game online? now it wont .. i fell back on the ground and thats it...

teleports are to fast .. dont know how to make the move/travel speed slower..

need it for some maps .. intro and traveling true a wormhole of gate to gate that switch from map b to wormholemap end of wormhole switch to next map ..

greetz and thanks

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2007, 22:19

I think you would have better luck if you used teleporters to drop players into a zone with a specific X velocity, no gravity, and no friction, similar to the teleporters in the Skaarj mothership. Take a look at those for ideas. If done right, they can look pretty good.

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2007, 23:23

Interpolation points don't normally work online, but I've seen Zora make a fix. They work on her server, but I doubt it she'll release the code since it's part of her coop game type.

Either way, unless you edit their code, interpolation points won't work online. Try to use some other way, the one Waffnuffly mentioned for instance.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 00:35

uhmm.. okej..

But ehm doest it only work in straightway? because my wormhole is a kinda Rollercoster efect..

My idea was to put Teleporters in it and around 35x and make them connect in a chain .. but the traffel speed is still to fast. .

any sugestion ?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 01:52

Yeah, in that case, investigate the fixed interpolation points. Otherwise, you could make a really crappy version of this effect with movers... but it would probably be buggy and unreliable.

User avatar sm1key

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 12:47

i Sended a email to her' hope its the right email adres.. i dont know other contac information or website link..