Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Help with model importing and models to import

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Help with model importing and models to import

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 22:42

I have a working _d.3d and _a_3d file but I don't know how to create the .uc file so that I can import the model. What do I have to do, or what have I done wrong?

Here are two models that I wish to import. One is more important than the other, the other one being a skeletal mesh.
Models: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgzanbzdm ... ort_01.zip
Last edited by Jet v4.3.5 on 19 Sep 2009, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 23:22

Add code like this to any .uc file you have in your \MyPackage\Classes\ directory (assuming you keep your model files in \MyPackage\Models\). If you're importing several models, it's generally good practice to make a MyPackageModels.uc file and keep everything in one place.

Code: Select all

class MyPackageModels expands Object abstract;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=RelicHelmet ANIVFILE=MODELS\RelicHelmet_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\RelicHelmet_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=RelicHelmet X=0 Y=0 Z=0
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=RelicHelmet SEQ=All                      STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=RelicHelmet SEQ=base                     STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=1
#exec MESHMAP NEW   MESHMAP=RelicHelmet MESH=RelicHelmet
#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=RelicHelmet X=0.1 Y=0.1 Z=0.2

In this case, I imported the Relic helmet mesh for my own use. Replace the RelicHelmet stuff with your model and adjust the meshmap whatever junk and it should work sorta I think maybe.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 23:33

The only problem is that my mesh has several animations. I used UModel to extract the .uc file and I edited it but it never loads the model, just a broken actor under Object.
ModDb Portfolio

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 23:37

I'm not familiar enough with animations to know what to do, unfortunately. I've never used or even heard of UModel, either. If it has any documentation I'd look through that.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009, 23:51

I'd take a guess that it's the animation crap, as UCC gives me warning messages for all of the animations. I might figure it out, with luck. Thanks anyway. :tup:
ModDb Portfolio

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009, 23:33

Ok, so I now have a skeletal mesh psk file. It has a pretty high poly count, I believe, but what I want to know is how to import it without doing too many things manually just to get an f'ed up result. For the basis of giving more information, I have included the first model and the second skeletal mesh just in case you want to have a go at it. I'll also say this: when I compile using "UCC make" a new class is made in the class browser but there is no model. If you think you can help me with doing it myself, whatever you have to give will be appreciated, or you can try and do it yourself if you happen to have the time and the will.

Models: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgzanbzdmdz/AAZ_ModelsToImport_01.zip

If you could, and if you do it on your own, please provide me with the steps taken, as this is meant to be a learning experience.
ModDb Portfolio