Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

UT99 SDK

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: UT99 SDK

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 16:37

What about the New Trigger System?
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 16:14

December Beta Release

So finally here it is. The next new and fresh release of the Unreal Tournament Community SDK. Originally there should've been a November release but according to some major problems you may have read in the News at ModDB.com I had to delay the new update. In this month's release I focussed on updating, fixing and improving already common features. It introduces some new emitter types, a lot of new major features for the Particle Engine (Color Interpolation) and a new HUD.

Some days earlier I also intended to implement a new Interpolation Movement System, LOD Support for the Emitters and Attractor Support (Forces) for Particles, well hard to implement they didn't make it completely into this month's release (Attractor Support is included BUT untested!)

The January Beta coming around mid-February will be the last release before a short break of 1-2 Months due to University exams, please respect that. After exams full development continues again. And well.... of course I'm working on it during that period but I won't have time to create that much to have for a complete release.

New Features

• Directional Coronas
  • Directional Lensflares
  • new C++ Color functions
  • Sprite Emitters support U/V Scaling and Tiling
  • Corona Emitter added
  • Directional Corona Emitter added
  • SubUVEmitter added
  • All sprite-based Emitters support dynamic (array-based) Color transitions
  • All sprite-based Emitters support dynamic Alpha Fading
  • Supports Wireframe Render of Particles
  • new minimalistic HUD and gametype for testing and development purposes

Fixes/Updates

• fixed: a serious game crash caused by the sdkLevelInfo when loading the game or loading a map
    ingame, thanks to Dr.Flay (ut99.org) for working together on analyzing this bug. The bug was fixed
    by writing a specialized Spawn Function for the LevelInfo
  • fixed: not saving map after it has been newly created when having a sdkLevelInfo in the map
  • fixed: floating point function generator, not working Modes OP_Increase/OP_Decrease
  • fixed: bad memory allocation if more than 3 linked actors are in the map causing the UED to freeze
  • fixed: Particle Lifetime bug (changing lifetime lead to instant destruction)
  • fixed: Collision Bug, first Particle not colliding with BSP
  • updated: More Realtime in-Editor changes, for example realtime editing of EmissionRate

Media

Image Image Image Image Image

Download

UTSDK December 2011 Beta (Build 300) - 29,7 MB

makemeunreal wrote:What about the New Trigger System?

It was mainly programmed to be used for the emitters since they don't use Unreal Script Trigger functions anymore. The new triggers merge Triggers, Dispatchers and some new features. I didn't have the time yet to fully test it, hope it will make an official appearance in the next release.
Last edited by Shadow on 18 Jan 2012, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012, 18:04

Now this is pure sweetness... If I have time it's totally the first position on my to-do-stuff-I-love list.

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012, 11:21

Attention! A small Patch was released already, fixing some problems with the static mesh actor!

• fixed: critical error when adding Static Mesh Actor to the map (strange I didn't notice that... the bug was caused by mismanaged skins
  • updated: when the skin list is going empty (or some element(s)) the original mesh skins are restored and the mesh is retextured with them

UT SDK December Beta (Build 300a) - Hotfix 1 (0,46 MB)

Mirror 1 - Mediafire

UT SDK December Beta (Build 300a) - (23,8 MB)
UT SDK December Beta (Build 300a) - Hotfix 1 (0,46 MB)

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 22:21

UTSDK January 2012 Beta Release

Starting the new year for the SDK with a bunch of new features and improvements: The next new and fresh release of the Unreal Tournament Community SDK. In this month's release new Sprite/Texture Drawing and Blending Functions were introduced and the OpenGL Driver has been totally rewritten which improves performance and stability.

There're also a lot of bug fixesand new minor feature extensions for the Particle Engine and some neat new features like the first appearance of Beam Emitters. This release includes the bugfix of Build 300a fixing problems with Static Meshes. Last major new feature to name for this release is a completely new Interpolation System for the UnrealED, but see for yourself in the Changelog.

New Features

• added: new Texture/Sprite Rendering Functions
    - DrawSpinTile (draws a sprite that spins around it's center)
    - DrawAxisTile (like DrawSpinTile but with advanced axis settings, an axial sprite)
    - DrawStretchedTile (specialized for stretched textures, drawn between 2 individual points)
    - supports rotatable and stretachable Textures
    - Axis Sprite Rendering
    - STY_Modulated supports coloring!
    - A lot of new Texture Blending Styles (see below)

• added: new Texture Styles supported by Particles, Sprites, Canvas, BSP and Post Processing:
    - Blend_Brighten / Blend_Darken
    - Blend_SubtleBrighten / Blend_SubtleDarken
    - Blend_ModBrighten / Blend_NegativeDarken
    - Blend_Multiply
    - Blend_Negative
    - Blend_Inverted

• added: new Base Render Device „sdkRenderDevice"
  • added: Beam Emitter, easy to use for realistic and stunning graphics including features like:
    - Light Rays, Beams and other Light Effects
    - Lasers
    - Wireframe Support (Vertex, Line, Length)
    - Beam Noise, Tessellation, Axis Orientation

• added: Directional Beam Emitter, let's you create Light Beams/Rays that react realistically to the player's view
  • added: working LOD Support
    - LOD dependant smooth Emission Frequency and Particle Count change
    - additional LOD Settings like: NoDraw, NoUpdate etc.

• added: Vertex Emission, let's you emit particles at random vertices of a given mesh or brush
  • added: time based Particle Size Interpolation (similar to Color)
  • added: new Color Interpolation Modes: CTrans_Interpolate, CTrans_Switch
  • added: rotatable Particles for all Sprite-based Emitters
  • added: Axis Particles for all Sprite-based Emitters
  • added: new Interpolation System:
    - interpolated movement of any Actor (not only Player Classes)
    - supports smooth interpolated position
    - supports smooth interpolated rotation/direction
    - in-Editor statistics: connectivity between nodes, start/end node, orientation
    - in-Editor Preview, watch the interpolation sequence directly inside the Editor!

Fixes/Updates

• updated: when the skin list of a Static Mesh is going empty (or some element(s)) the original mesh skins are restored and the mesh is retextured with them (Build 300a, Hotfix1)
  • updated: OpenGL Driver completely recoded on base of UT GLR 3.7: stable, high performance and new features (as stated above)
  • updated: removed sdkBaseEmitter.uc and moved all content to sdkEmitter.uc for clearness and rebuild ability reasons
  • updated: merged CTrans_Lerp, CTrans_Smerp and CTrans_Interpolate as CTrans_Interpolate, all
    these were too similar, uses Lerp formula (linear interpolation from A to B)
    updated: Particle Color List contains 16 elements now (not 8 anymore)
  • fixed: critical error when adding Static Mesh Actor to the map (strange I didn't notice that... the bug was caused by missmanaged skins (Build 300a, Hotfix1)
  • fixed: Actor Selection Bug, thanks to Dr.Flay again drawing attention on this bug
  • fixed: incorrect color transition between different and equal Particle Color Transition Modes (a short flicker of the previous color appeared before going to next color)
  • fixed: Wireframe Shape "SHAPE_Box" of Emitters is rendered correctly
  • fixed: Particle Texture Animation improved, fully working
  • fixed: Emitter Instant Preview Mode fully working

Media

Image Image Image ImageImageImageImage

Download

UTSDK January 2012 Beta (Build 335) - 28 MB @ ModDB
UTSDK January 2012 Beta (Build 335) - 28 MB @ Mediafire (Mirror1)

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012, 13:20

UTSDK February 2012 Beta Release

So finally here it is. The next new and fresh release of the Unreal Tournament Community SDK. This month's release comes with a huge update for the Material System adding new Materials like TexRotators and TexEnvMaps! On the other hand I implemented a lot of the C++ rendering functionality on Unreal Script Level (native functions) and finally added full Quaternion Support.

More good news: I reimplemented Projectors and optimized them and fixed some rendering bugs concerning the new Blending Styles. There're also finally 2 read-to-use Example Packages (sdkSandbox and sdkSandboxMaterials) showing example content including Materials, Static Meshes, Projectors and Emitters.

New Features

• added: new Sprite Class „sdkQuad“ - a Sprite with free rotation and no camera alignment

• added: new Texture/Sprite Rendering Functions
    - DrawRotatedTile (a freely rotatable Texture Quad without camera alignment)
    - DrawBeamTile (specialized function for drawing texture beams and sparks)

• added: new Material Classes and Texture Modifiers
    - TexEnvMap
    - TexSphereMap
    - TexPanner / TexEmissivePanner
    - TexRotator / TexEmissiveRotator
    - TexScaler / TexEmissiveScaler
    - TexOscillator / TexEmissiveOscillator
    - Emissive Material
    - TexCombiner

• added: new Packages "sdkSandbox" and "sdkSandboxMaterials"with Tutorial, Test, Example Contents and Classes
    - ready-to-use Classes
    - Example Emitters and Particle Systems
    - Example Projectors
    - Example Materials
    - Example Static Meshes

• added: new Datatypes (C++ and Unreal Script)
    - ColorRange, a randomized color value
    - FloatRotator, a floating point rotator
    - Vector2DRel, a 2D vector with a relative scaler

• added: new Iterator Functions
    - CollidingActors – iterates through all colliding Actors (visible or not visible)
    - AllObjects – iterates through all objects in a level

• added: new Primitive/Sprite Rendering Functions (Unreal Script)
    - Draw3DArrow
    - Draw3DPlane
    - Draw3DFrustum
    - Draw3DBox
    - Draw3DSprite
    - Draw3DCorona

• added: Full Quaternion Support
    - uses FPlane struct, but operations inside functions equals real Quaternions
    - globally supported on Unreal Script Level
    - globally supported on C++ Level

• added: new Canvas Functions
    - DrawTile2 (like DrawTile, but supports new Blending)
    - DrawRotatedTile (draws a spinning texture tile)

• added: new Color Functions
    - ColorLerp, smooth linear Color Interpolation
    - ColorSmerp, smooth non-linear Color Interpolation
    - VectorToRGB, RGBToVector – conversion between vector (in 0.0/1.0 range) to color

• added: Color Sprite Preview for sdkLight

Fixes/Updates

• updated: recoded and updated Material/Texture System

• updated: completely recoded Texture Projectors, merged Decal / Plane Projectors into one Class
    - supports new Texture Blendings (introduced Build 335)
    - U/V Scaling
    - U/V Tiling
    - Dynamic Color
    - Projection Fading
    - Projector → DynamicProjector → DistanceProjector → ShadowProjector

• updated: all Texture drawing Canvas functions have been updated to support new Blending Styles

• updated: moved all Iterator Functions from sdkLevelInfo to sdkActor, static functions now (global)
  • updated: moved all Color Functions from sdkCanvas to sdkActor

• fixed: serious Render Bug when changing new Blending Styles (BSP changed blending too)
  • fixed: incorrect native function IDs in sdkActor.uc
  • fixed: internally corrected HLS to RGB color conversion (lensflares, coronas, lights, canvas)

Media

Image Image Image

Download

UTSDK February 2012 Beta (Build 359) - 29 MB @ ModDB
UTSDK February 2012 Beta (Build 359) - 29 MB @ Mediafire (Mirror1)

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013, 11:42

UTSDK January 2013 Beta Release

So here it is, after months of delay finally another new update for the SDK. I can say that this was the most difficult release for me, since many of the SDK's features were really used practically in the first placed which lead to many hidden bugs and errors which needed a lot of time to eliminate. Especially the new texture blending modes and my linked lists always kept me busy and nearly made me insane. :roll: This time there was so many changed and added that I'm only posting the highlights. A detailed changelog is included as always an changelog.pdf.

Highlights

• Bounding Volume / per Poly Collision Support
  • new Emitter type (SubUV Emitter)
  • Material support for Sprites, Post Processing, Particles
  • Texture Trace support (reads the texture out of an BSP Poly)
  • new Static Mesh options (changeable U/V size, dynamic color, static anim sequence)
  • reworked Texture Blending (although I'm not yet fully satisfied)
  • new Emitter features (gravity, local/world space, random direction, per-Emitter/per-Particle coronas, range options for rotating particles etc.)
  • new GUI System (not yet completely finished though, but all new interfaces of the SDK will run on it..)
  • improved linked list system
  • tons of new Unreal script features and native functions
  • optimized internal interpolation system
  • partially revamped UT weapons
  • Testing / Showcase environment

Media

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Download

The download is ~60 mb in size. There'll be a setup download added soon too.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013, 18:19

Wow. Wooooohaaaaa... Now when I just thought that this was the worst day of my life Shadow appears and makes it one of the best days of my life.

Thanks!

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2013, 18:40

DAMN those are some fine fire particles.

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013, 11:33

Thank you very much guys!! If you encounter any bugs or problems, please let me know. Oh and please be sure to exactly do what is stated in setup.pdf (just a change in a few lines of our ut.ini). I hope the volume documentation is mostly easy to understand.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019, 12:24

Shadow wrote:Thank you very much guys!! If you encounter any bugs or problems, please let me know. Oh and please be sure to exactly do what is stated in setup.pdf (just a change in a few lines of our ut.ini). I hope the volume documentation is mostly easy to understand.

Hi Shadow!

Some of us noticed that you seem to be still active
https://www.moddb.com/mods/utcommunitysdk

Hope you can make a new release of the UTSDK soon! :D
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023, 17:10

New version has been released. Contains a much improved World/Level system (WorldOS), game engine OS (SceneOS), widely improved Actor-Component-System and a first app build with this new framework: Tex3D which efficiently renders textures in 3D space using draw policies and draw lists, used for Sprites, Coronas and Lensflares. Next release (October 2023) will feature Static Meshes based on this Component-System.

Download: UTSDK Beta Q2/2023

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023, 17:26

That's awesome to see, thank you for your continued work!

User avatar Shadow

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024, 13:04

Thank you very much AlCapowned :)

Meanwhile the next release finally came out.

Beta Q4/2023 implements real static mesh support and an UMesh-based rendering engine, making the old 2013 static meshes obsolete. Hundreds of bugfixes and improvements have been implemented to the framework too. Thank you for downloading and testing!

Download: UTSDK Beta Q4/2023

Previous