I've entered the central fortress area (after the boardwalk thing) and killed everything that's a danger there, where do I go to get further?
Some general issues so far; I'm really pushed for time right now so I don't have much time for too much detail or positives (plus I want to finish the level first):
* I definitely get the feeling it's too much for most players; I've only been in real danger a couple of times but even playing on medium I feel slightly more out of my comfort zone than I'd expect from what I've played so far.
* I'm not sure what your intention with them was, but I get the feeling that the Skaarj that shoot at you from the windows along the sides of the boardwalk area are nastier than what was intended; the designs mean they're constantly in cover while still being able to pick away at you while you fight other stuff.
* By extension, there should be something to point out the windows to players; I was wondering where the hell I was getting shot at for a bit. Even if it's something small like a red light from one of the first windows; just something so people know that those pose a threat.
* The bit where you climb out of the water on a rope seemed kind of an odd difficulty spike; if you miss anything on the other side (or on the battlements) you can easily get raped by a bunch of stuff waiting up the top, not the mention the ladder mechanics mean you have to be looking up so you can't even snap-shot stuff while climbing.
* It seems like there should be more sniper ammo, while too much would trivialise the level, it would be nice to at least have enough to take out especially troublesome enemies at distance; pretty much all I've had so far was a little bit at the start and some off a sniper I was lucky enough to have jump down in the central area.
* I got stuck between a box and some stairs in the central are.
* Not really a flaw, but what's the point of that area between two fences behind one of the buildings in the central area that you access by climbing boxes and jumping on a slanted bit of brick? It seemed odd for such a seemingly esoteric action to not be rewarded when it's apparently intended (cue "that's the way further"
Well okay, let's do some quick positives too
* The imposing fortress feel is pulled off well, and, while I wasn't sure on the use of mostly blue ambience with such I bright sky at first it has grown on me since the concept of the fortress being so big it blocks out most sunlight is pretty cool.
* The gameplay is definitely interestingly unique beyond the few flaws it has at the moment; it's certainly a change from the more generally "sedate" style of Unreal maps.