Page 1 of 8

Enter the contest here

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:17
by Hellscrag
The UnrealSP.Org 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest will start on 21 June 2009 and will last for six weeks.

I know some of you have already expressed an interest via the general discussion thread, but please could you reconfirm here.

Entrants:

Creavion (withdrawn)
Waffnuffly
Frieza (not submitted)
MMAN (withdrawn)
Kaka
jackrabbit (withdrawn)
Mister Prophet (withdrawn)
editor Dave (withdrawn)
Legendslayer222
Turboman (not submitted)
NicolasEymerich (withdrawn)
Jethro (withdrawn)
Acoustiks (not submitted)
Wail (not submitted)

Hellscrag
Madis (not submitted)
XYZ8000 (not submitted)

MartinW (withdrawn)
qtit
Sarevok
ebd (not submitted)
wael (not submitted)

redeye (withdrawn)
zacman (not submitted)

Six Hour Lunatics:

LOL_PEANUTS
sana
Shivaxi

Judges:

Hellscrag
UBerserker
Shivaxi
Zbreaker

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:18
by Creavion
I !

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:19
by Buff Skeleton
Entering

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:20
by Hellscrag
Thanks

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:21
by Frieza
Entering (yarr!)

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:21
by UBerserker
Confirm me as judge.

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:21
by Semfry
I guess I'll register as an entrant, but don't bet on anything.

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:25
by Hellscrag
Mman wrote:I guess I'll register as an entrant, but don't bet on anything.


Of course; entering the contest isn't a binding contract. I hope that most of you will come up with something, though, even if it's only short (I think pitching your plan at an appropriate level will be key to this contest!).

Thanks UB. I could do with at least one more judge, though, if anybody would be interested (sana perhaps?).

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:26
by Shivaxi
Probably unlikely as no one really knows me here...but may I be a judge? I always really pay attention to every little detail when I play a new map pack and such. Maybe I could give it a go as to actually judge one for once.

I'd love to enter the contest to create a map...but I just don't have the time. Regents coming up this week (SIX OF THEM! :x ) and I still have to work on WtfS2 of course :P

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:27
by Kaka
I'm in. As in the contest of course.

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:28
by Frieza
Shivaxi wrote:Probably unlikely as no one really knows me here...but may I be a judge? I always really pay attention to every little detail when I play a new map pack and such. Maybe I could give it a go as to actually judge one for once.

I'd love to enter the contest to create a map...but I just don't have the time. Regents coming up this week (SIX OF THEM! :x ) and I still have to work on WtfS2 of course :P


Screw Wtf2, go enter the contest :o

Posted: 14 Jun 2009, 23:30
by Hellscrag
Shivaxi - Exam period probably isn't the best time to start a contest, admittedly, but that can't be helped since that's when I launched UnrealSP.Org back in '01. I was at Uni at the time, so I can only assume that I must have finished my exams for the year already!

Before appointing you as judge, I need to know - are you on board with the way UnrealSP.Org reviews maps, including the harshness of the scoring and the broad criteria in the schema?


Kaka - good stuff.

Posted: 15 Jun 2009, 01:28
by jackrabbit
I'm in.

Posted: 15 Jun 2009, 04:31
by Shivaxi
Hellscrag wrote:Before appointing you as judge, I need to know - are you on board with the way UnrealSP.Org reviews maps, including the harshness of the scoring and the broad criteria in the schema?


Absolutely! 8) Me and Peanuts actually did our own re-review of One Day just because we both had the same opinions about it. And yeah we used the scoring schema you guys do :wink:

EDIT: Lol @ Frieza :P

Posted: 15 Jun 2009, 05:11
by Mister_Prophet
I'm in as a mapper.

Shivi wrote:Absolutely! Cool Me and Peanuts actually did our own re-review of One Day just because we both had the same opinions about it. And yeah we used the scoring schema you guys do Wink


You should submit it to the site as a second opinion review. You know, to test your hand at it. Besides, it's one of the those packs where opinions will really vary, which is why we have the second opinion space in the first place. :tup: