This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Wait for the hub map or release as a compilation?

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Wait for the hub map or release as a compilation?

Wait for the hub map
24%
Release as a compilation
76%

Total votes: 17

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05

qtit wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:along, possibly, with a Word or HTML version of the results article currently on the web page.

PDF.

Ok then, I'll try to find an hour or so to eliminate the ScriptWarning log shiet, and it can be released.

That sounds great.

Re PDF: Ideally, yes, but I don't have Adobe Acrobat writer. If there's anyone who has, perhaps they could convert a Word doc for me when the time comes?
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 19:27

Use this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it prints a word doc into pdf. I'm using it all the time and it works awesome.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 19:30

Raven wrote:Use this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it prints a word doc into pdf. I'm using it all the time and it works awesome.

Thanks for the link. :tup:

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010, 22:44

PDF995 would work too. I use that a lot.. (maybe not as good as the one you mentioned.. links for example would convert as text unfortunately).

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 20:09

Has there been any progress on a release of these maps in the month since the last post? I'm not trying to be pushy,just curious and I really would like to play these :) I apologize if they have been posted and I was too lazy to search properly.

EDIT:Ok,after I posted this I did some more looking and found a few individual maps to try,but it would still be nice to have the all-in-one package :wink: Also a belated congrats to all involved :)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 20:59

I have to admit that I haven't really been keeping track. I've had other things on my mind. I know this needs to be sorted, but I'm not very motivated at the moment.

Of course, it doesn't have to be me...

seeker3

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 21:28

Thanks scrag, I do realize your a busy man and I assume from the previous posts that some of these maps are still being worked on so I guess I'll wait and see. What does a compilation consist of,putting the finished maps in a rar file? Or is their more to it? :? In the meantime I'll play the ones I've found and go from there. This is off topic but I'm curious as to what the climate is like in Bristol? Is it anything like in the colonies( the south coast of BC to be exact) ie: Lots of rain,although the sun is shining today :shock: LOL.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 21:33

seeker3 wrote:Thanks scrag, I do realize your a busy man and I assume from the previous posts that some of these maps are still being worked on so I guess I'll wait and see. What does a compilation consist of,putting the finished maps in a rar file? Or is their more to it? :? In the meantime I'll play the ones I've found and go from there. This is off topic but I'm curious as to what the climate is like in Bristol? Is it anything like in the colonies( the south coast of BC to be exact) ie: Lots of rain,although the sun is shining today :shock: LOL.

To be honest, I'm less "busy" and more "preoccupied". Either way, I don't have a lot of time in my life for Unreal at the present time. I haven't even played Xenome yet!

The climate in Bristol? I guess the word is "temperate". We've just had an unusually cold winter with lots of snow, but it's warming up now (a bit later than usual). Temperatures are at around 14-15C at present; it's been a few years since we've had a proper heatwave, but if we get one this year it'll be around July / August time.

seeker3

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010, 21:45

Thanks again,and it does sound like the climates are pretty much the same,the only difference being we had an unusually warm winter,but with El Nino around we could be in for a very hot summer :/ Anyway now it's map playing time,but maybe in the future we could talk a bit more about our respective locations.

Previous