Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Investigation about Unforch

The archive for the 8th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Investigation about Unforch

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 14:15

I have only a little start but I want to introduce my map a bit.

You'll fly with this spaceship to a research centre in a desert. Somehow you mus go to another research centre and to do that you must go a short way through the desert. The labortities won't be the main area for wxploring but the desert itself. You'll find many egyptian ruins with lots of underground hallways and so on.

Features:
-A non linear gameplay (I hope so)
-A new texture package ( after converting it I'll upload it)
-The story has something to do with Unforch the god of my recently realeased SP map

I hope that suffices for now :)
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 15:49

Sounds good.. sounds big! Hope you'll manage it! :tup: :tup:

Little note: You might want to make that bar in the middle of the front of the spaceship smaller or take it away; it's right in in your view when you're flying...

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 16:23

Please don't expect too much. There are only two labs each with 2 rooms (maybe they look the same) and a valley with perhaps 5 ruins and temples.

About the bar... I look for something similar ;)
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 18:28

Make sure your story is understandable to someone who hasn't played your other map. Too much dependency on the storyline of your previous map will hurt, rather than benefit, your contest entry.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 20:52

Like the title says, you must find something out about Unforch. You don't need background knowledge or anything like that. There will be only some connections between my former map and my newest map. Maybe you'll smile a bit when you know my other map but nothing more.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 21:23

Taking Unforch only as a reference of your other mappack, as you're trying to say, doesn't hurt things honestly.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009, 23:29

editor Dave wrote:Like the title says, you must find something out about Unforch. You don't need background knowledge or anything like that. There will be only some connections between my former map and my newest map. Maybe you'll smile a bit when you know my other map but nothing more.

Sounds fine...

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 22:14

I'm sorry to say this... I thought I could manage it but now I realize, I have too little time to complete the map when I've 2 1/2 weeks left. ( I have not more than what's shown on the pictures). I thought I have enough time in the last three weeks (before I had to write many tests in school and polish my Unforchers-maps) but now I see, I don't want to map under pressure anymore. I probably won't take part at any contest in the future. I promise you I'll open a thread for my new campaign when I have to show something new, then you can expect more work from me :)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 22:33

A shame, but I guess contest conditions are not for everyone.

IMO it's good practice to work to deadlines, though, should you ever consider a career in game design.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 22:57

Hellscrag wrote:IMO it's good practice to work to deadlines, though, should you ever consider a career in game design.

Your new standard expression Scrag? :P

Kaka

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 23:11

Hellscrag wrote:IMO it's good practice to work to deadlines, though, should you ever consider a career in game design.

First rule in this branch these days I think :tup:

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009, 13:47

I don't want to be a payed nerd :lol: This isn't the right job for me.