Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009, 02:23

NeW sCrEeN sHoT!1!1!

2 words...FUCK BSP's! ><
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009, 13:29

Shivaxi wrote:NeW sCrEeN sHoT!1!1!

2 words...FUCK BSP's! ><

Dali would've been proud of you :lol:

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009, 16:00

Update report:

Shiv's been M.I.A. these past couple of weeks, and I'll be spending the next two weeks preparing to move, and another few days for moving in. I've been working on the Raknir mine here and there though, I redesigned some areas, worked on gameplay, and am in the middle of a huge H.O.M. fix (didn't know semisolids couldn't handle masked textures). I can't be expected to always fill in when Shivaxi's out though, so I'm going to halt development from now until I'm settled at the new place.

The Raknir mine is one of the maps in the series that Shivaxi is giving me full control over, along with Raknir's storage caves. He's done a few of the scripted sequences in the storage caves, but apart from that it's just been me, myself, and... Hybrid, for the base build of the caves.

For now, a few newer screenshots of the mine. Build of each area shown is at about 75%.

Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2009, 19:36

Semis can take masked textures, but it depends on brush order. I think they have to be ordered to last.
Life is what you make of it.

nikosv

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009, 04:26

Hmm, that's a bit of a bother. Anyhow, thanks, it did the trick.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009, 16:18

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:Update report:

Shiv's been M.I.A. these past couple of weeks ...]

So? The Skaarj finally got him for WTF-ing around with them. Is he now P.O.W. ? (if you need a party to do a rescue operation, I volunteer UB for the job :P )

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009, 18:25

salsaSkaarj wrote:
LOL_PEANUTS wrote:Update report:

Shiv's been M.I.A. these past couple of weeks ...]

So? The Skaarj finally got him for WTF-ing around with them. Is he now P.O.W. ? (if you need a party to do a rescue operation, I volunteer UB for the job :P )

Oh god please no :lol: :rolleyes:

I'm fine, I've just been away working for the past 3 weeks almost. So I haven't had time to do anything really. You know Peanuts, you COULD get on MSN once in a while and inform me of whats what every now and then :P

And hey, I built that bridge thingy in wtf6, so shush :P :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 03:28

Thought I'd show a little something more of Wtf9 since the last screenie didn't show much. Thanx a bunch Qtit for those cloud textures! :D

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 04:54

Wow, that cloud ring looks really cool. Never seen something like that in Unreal before.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 04:56

Waffnuffly wrote:Wow, that cloud ring looks really cool. Never seen something like that in Unreal before.

Lots and lots of panels :lol:

The clouds are currently unlit in this screenie...but I'm working on the lighting. Also note that this screenie was brightened to show detail, so the lighting you see now is not how it looks in game :rolleyes:

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 07:19

Reminds me of something Zelda-esque. That's a good thing, of course :o

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 08:47

Shivaxi wrote:Thought I'd show a little something more of Wtf9 since the last screenie didn't show much. Thanx a bunch Qtit for those cloud textures! :D

Very nice. And you're welcome.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 13:56

looking forward to meeting the gorons up there
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

nikosv

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 18:50

I've been having a lot of trouble getting a job in the last month, so I have yet to move out of my parents' house. For the most part I've been filming and doing a bit of photographying, and I've also given myself a little bit of time to work on the Raknir Mine. I've built a few new areas, and have started the re-introduction of the scary.

After the introduction to the mine, the main floor will feature some hub gameplay, connecting quite nicely with the storage caves seen in the previous level. The two Raknir maps have the strongest connection to the original story in Series 1 before the WTF part came about. However, I assure you that it won't be long before the scary takes over again.

Some textureless screenshots. You've probably seen most of this anyway, but what the hell:

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 19:10

Haha, interesting. Faked "Lighting only" perspective. :D
(to sad the UEngine 1 does not offer this feature).

A note about the right picture in the middle. The archi looks decent but the corridor a little bit long, at least in my opinion. Maybe you could try to add some .. no no not crates other elements to make it more interesting. ONP and 7B have done it mostly right. Some cables, ponds (although they are nearly as 08/15 as like crates today) or a brocken pillar.
The pic left (again middle) looks really good, a little bit like AS-Guardia. Dont make that bridge construction to long. The rest looks from what I see also very good.

Previous Next