ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:04

you guys should seriously do what I said (or at least I did to Shivaxi) and get .:..:'s nali pawn code for UT2004 and bring it to Unreal 1 WTF pack. You could even ask him about that... he might assist. I promise the nali demon pawn (or whatever its called) from UT2004 Unreal 1 campaign will exceed your expectations :o

But yeah, that skin looks pretty badass... who did that?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 22:07

He reminds me of the main character from SMT: Nocturne.
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 00:02

Peanuts did the skin. It's simply an overlay (using the shield belt effect) in order to make his markings glow. Was my idea I believe, though it's not hard to think of something like that. Had Cheese code the new WTF Nali pawn so we can have that skin overlay corresponding to the original texture on the Nali mesh.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 09:05

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:Image

That looks like one Badass Nali! Wish I could do something like that for my Nali Battlemages... That looks awesome :)
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 10:46

Ninja Nali?

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 10:39

Mister_Prophet wrote:Reminds me of something Zelda-esque. That's a good thing, of course :o

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Death mountain ftw :lol:

lol, I don't think I've seen that before, lighting decent and texturing absent, usually it's the other way around. :lol: And I really love the shots for it, would play AS-IS, texturing would only spoil what I'm seeing! (j/k, we need textures, but beautiful stuff regardless :tup: )
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 21:06

Oh there's already textures there...Peanuts just wanted to show off the lighting I believe :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 03:12

New pics! Click for super high res =)

Here's one taken from the new balcony that over looks the lake.

And here's a new skybox...was getting tired of the always completely cloudy and unrealistic skybox...thanx again to Qtit for the cloud textures =)

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 02:55

Looks awesome.

I looked at the balcony geometry in UEd and it looks like you actually did decorative brushes on the balcony supports. Good going.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 12:14

Perhaps you should make the skybox spherical/cylinder shaped, since right now it's a bit obvious it's just a textured plane from the way it pans into the distance.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 16:38

Yeah Waff pointed that out as well....I've yet to rotate the clouds to actually be facing the skybox, so....they look a bit flat atm :P

User avatar Tambourine
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 21:49

I really like the new skybox, but the water looks a little too green to be reflective of such a pretty blue. I don't know if you should go about changing the shade of the water just to make the scene look realistic, tho. Probably not. I have no idea if you can even do that.

Also, I love that 'glowstick' Nali skin. :D Awesomesauce.
When you want the flavor of bacon in a dip~

nikosv

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010, 17:25

A word on WTFS2, from my perspective of development:

I spent all summer working on my share of the maps. And it's coming along. I think with maybe another thirty to fifty hours of development, my share of the maps could be completed. There's a problem, though.

I got off of the bum track and right now I'm in art school, studying photography, design, and sculpture (sculpture is totally a clone of unrealed). That's three six-hour studio classes a week, and each one requires that I spend six to ten hours out of class doing the homework. In other words, I'm working more than someone with a full-time job, and I still have this mappack to work on. Blows hard. So for now I'm withholding further editing until I can get on track with the work. It may take a while, but I'm determined to get these maps done, WTF needs to at least finish this chapter. I'm still in this 100%.

Shivaxi, I know you're going to London really soon (or you're already there), but now you're a bum all the same which means you're more available than I am. Perhaps we can put our heads together sometime soon and see how we can get this done faster.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010, 18:45

The important thing is you don't kill yourself by overworking, especially on a hobby project, which it sounds like you're doing, so that's good. Focus on school :) and by the time you finish that, you'll probably be armed with many more 3d design skills to further improve your maps! Win-win.

nikosv

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010, 19:02

It's true that all your advice is paired with logical reason, Waff— but I don't want to count on the UnrealSP community still being around by the time I'm done with school...

Previous Next