Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[u1] [ut] FireStorm

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] FireStorm

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019, 13:08

Chronicles of Weedrow Vol 2 was similarly tortured by the incremental patching of 227 breaking stuff left and right. Took away all the momentum which led to the half-finished release.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019, 13:18

The Weedrow team made the conscious decision to build the project, or upgrade to, an experimental in-development version of 227, so I would not really connect that to "incremental patching".

Nothing forces a developer to build with the newest tech; the risk was taken, and it came with foreseeable consequences.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019, 07:27

Its obvious now that Turboman has abandoned the project long ago. Unrealsp.org is going to be shut down soon please those who have the beta in their possession PLEASE release it to the public before what little is left of the unreal community scatters to the wind. Who ever can get ahold of either Shivaxi, Mr Prophet or Dots, please do. Time is running out for us to see what Firestorm could of been. :|

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019, 21:18

this site will be gone!. after January 29th, 2020. so, this project either needs to be released, or scrapped soon!..

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019, 21:40

You do know that Oldunreal still exists and both (I think) Firestorm and chosen one are on there as well, just because this site is closing doesn't mean that the project is getting scrapped or likewise

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020, 22:43

Hyper's request for an update inspired me to post here (after a very long time after all)

First of all FS is not dead, or better, i'm about to revive this thing from a deep coma. The last few years IRL have been quite hectic, i had to focus on so many other things than Unreal. Only recently i got the motivation again to pick this up again and do something with it.
Therefore i will try to do something significant with this project. This year i will attempt to bring out an update, not going to specify what exactly yet, i haven't exactly figured that out yet :B

Second, i'm warming up to do some unreal mapping again, i have a little side project which i might release really soon. After that i would love to prioritize FS again.

Lastly i'm saddened to hear that this site might close! This has been my number one source for unreal singleplayer maps for years! I hate to see this come to a close :(

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020, 17:52

Turboman wrote:Hyper's request for an update inspired me to post here (after a very long time after all)

First of all FS is not dead, or better, i'm about to revive this thing from a deep coma. The last few years IRL have been quite hectic, i had to focus on so many other things than Unreal. Only recently i got the motivation again to pick this up again and do something with it.
Therefore i will try to do something significant with this project. This year i will attempt to bring out an update, not going to specify what exactly yet, i haven't exactly figured that out yet :B

Second, i'm warming up to do some unreal mapping again, i have a little side project which i might release really soon. After that i would love to prioritize FS again.

Lastly i'm saddened to hear that this site might close! This has been my number one source for unreal singleplayer maps for years! I hate to see this come to a close :(
WOW, it's TRULY Great to see you back here!. after seeing your activity on Oldunreal I knew you were still kicking at least!..

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020, 21:04

Turboman wrote:Second, i'm warming up to do some unreal mapping again, i have a little side project which i might release really soon. After that i would love to prioritize FS again.

Sweet Holy Jesus those maps
They could even wet Krull0r's panties

Also I think Ivy agreed to extend life support of the site a little more.
M'nali

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020, 17:15

^ Good God, that looks incredible.

User avatar Turboman

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020, 21:18

Good to hear that the deadline got postponed somewhat, hopefully someone will come up with a long term solution :| :o

I wanted to open a topic of it's own for the other project, but i see that i am not allowed to post new topics in here, oh well, guess we can talk about that project here too :)

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020, 15:27

You can post freely in Project Presentation.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020, 22:49

Hey Turbo, good to see you back! I only have one request if you continue with this: PLEASE honor your original goal to do a UT99 release in addition to the Unreal 227 release! Thanks. :)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020, 05:04

Why hello there, Lady Nali.

User avatar Turboman

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020, 11:25

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey Turbo, good to see you back! I only have one request if you continue with this: PLEASE honor your original goal to do a UT99 release in addition to the Unreal 227 release! Thanks. :)

UT release will definitely be possible once the 469 patch comes out, which will likely occur much earlier than FS's release :)

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021, 19:36

Turboman wrote:(...)Therefore i will try to do something significant with this project. This year i will attempt to bring out an update, not going to specify what exactly yet, i haven't exactly figured that out yet :B

Any updates on this..? "this year" was last year after all.... (not mean to be pushy...)
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Previous Next