ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[ut] The Chosen One

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: [ut] The Chosen One

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012, 03:56

Just watched the trailer. Had a laughing fit when the december 2006 release date was flashed at the end of the movie. :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012, 04:04

Holy crap, it's really been a long time since that trailer :o

cacaro
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012, 16:19

salsaSkaarj wrote:Forgive me the cynical approach when replying to similar questions, just consider it tension building. :shake:

It was meant to be sarcastic, you know, given how this was supposed to be released almost 2 years ago... but I guess there's always someone who feels the need to reply in a "No shit?"-kind of way. Nevermind.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012, 18:32

AndryxaXP wrote:it's a great mod! I'm waiting for it for about 5 years . I hope he will be released soon

When people are waiting on your mod since they were 9 years old, that should seriously get you thinking... :D
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

SP2000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 08:32

Pretty sure the mod is vaporware. Will be forever stuck in a "when it's done" phase just like Firestorm

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 09:15

SP2000 wrote:Pretty sure the mod is vaporware. Will be forever stuck in a "when it's done" phase just like Firestorm

Reading posts like this makes me pissed.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 11:41

UBerserker wrote:
SP2000 wrote:Pretty sure the mod is vaporware. Will be forever stuck in a "when it's done" phase just like Firestorm

Reading posts like this makes me pissed.

Piss can turn into vapour, so I agree.

Anyway, since it's vapourware, SP2000 can spare us his thoughts (meaning, don't waste hot air).

Forgive me the cynic... damn, I'm repeating myself.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012, 18:44

Kaka might need to come in and drop some info bombs. I find that when you've got a project in development for as many years as TCO, sometimes the best way to avoid cynicism is to simply talk to people and be totally honest with what you got and what you're doing.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012, 16:12

He's making UDK enviro as a showcase and sending me ToDo list after he finishes. Some maps are being optimized (fps drop is high on sky islands when you can see entire map from one point - too many nodes). I'm at the other hand busy with ROTT. TCO will be released when it's done - it's not like anyone is getting paid to work on it :).
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012, 13:45

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012, 06:45

Raven wrote:He's making UDK enviro as a showcase and sending me ToDo list after he finishes. Some maps are being optimized (fps drop is high on sky islands when you can see entire map from one point - too many nodes). I'm at the other hand busy with ROTT. TCO will be released when it's done - it's not like anyone is getting paid to work on it :).
that's a shame, one member promised $40 and another promised $50 to get Firestorm finished. I don't see that here.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012, 23:49

I should have last and final 'bugfix' list in few days and I'm going to work on it in the little free time I have left :). Believe me - if I'd have no hope of TCO being finished, I'd release what I have now. I've put way too much time in it to just delete the content and forget it.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012, 21:28

Raven wrote:I should have last and final 'bugfix' list in few days and I'm going to work on it in the little free time I have left :). Believe me - if I'd have no hope of TCO being finished, I'd release what I have now. I've put way too much time in it to just delete the content and forget it.
That should work out very good, as long as you don't add new maps to it!!. 8)

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012, 11:00

Hi!

TCO is in development too long now, I know that, Raven knows that, you guys know that as well. But since weve started this mod, things changed along the way. Leaving aside obvoius reasons we cant spend as much time as we did back then on modding, like work and family, you simply get tired with 1000th opening of one of the levels and rebuilding stuff because half of the floor for some resons is unlit, or who knows why one of the triggers doesnt work ( even if its properly set up, and it was checked be other people if it is). On the other hand, you got those brand new high end tech engines, which ( if you want to keep up with the industry, therofore keep/get a job) you have to be familiar with. Raven works on a huge project atm, i work in a small company in my city - i think its safe to say that we are full of it after 8-10 hours a day . But everytime after a hard days work i head home, and after everyones asleep i run good old unrealed and fix/optimize/polish TCO stuff. We are not adding anymore new stuff, except for something taht doeswnt take more than five minutes ( change textures here and there and stuff). Finishing such huge project by two guys is not what you would call a 'time of your life' but thats how gamedev looks, we are gamedevs, and we are releasing this stuff some time next year. Not much left.
And its simply to awesome to just cancel it!

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012, 14:38

Awesome :tup: 2013 should be a good year.

Previous Next