UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[u1] Unreal patch 227f released!

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: [u1] Unreal patch 227f released!

Post Posted: 15 May 2009, 15:08

The guys and gals over at OldUnreal have rolled out the sixth public release of their Unreal community patch, patch 227f. Apart from the usual amount of bugfixes (worth a mention: The age-old mesh disappearing problem has been fixed) it adds a ton of new toys for modders including: distance fog, dynamic (movable) zones, the ability to slow/speed up time in zones, spawnable coronas, a multitude of new UScript functions and more. This patch effectively boosts the ol' Unreal engine above Unreal Tournament standards, which makes the game worth (re)installing for both modders and players!
You can find the release notes here and download the patch here. Give our pals at OldUnreal a supportive shout!
Last edited by ividyon on 15 May 2009, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 May 2009, 15:59

Quite tempted by all those fixed crashing/Squid/AI issues.
ImageImage

petePROSTHETICS
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 May 2009, 23:53

even though the patch reverts my unreal gold install to the stantard , its still worth the install

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 May 2009, 00:38

petePROSTHETICS wrote:even though the patch reverts my unreal gold install to the stantard , its still worth the install

If you're speaking about the menu and gui, then yes, it does revert to classic theme by default, but luckily you can switch back to the unreal gold theme quite easily!

In the menu go to "advanced options" then go to the Drivers tab, and under Console select "UMenu Browser Console"
restart the game and its the unreal gold theme again ;)

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 May 2009, 09:07

Fixed D3D8, D3D9 and OpenGL are not updating mover lighting (f.e. in Naliboat)

FullMeshRendering (True/False) - This solves the problem with disappearing meshes (like Trees if you are very close) - could be a heavy performance drain on low end machines, so it's optional.

OMG I want these 2 features so badly... Do they depend only on renderer so they can be applied to UT99?

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 May 2009, 13:59

You're invited to switch to 227 and use the features. :P
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 May 2009, 09:37

Mover lighting issue is in Render.dll and unfortunately, that means it cant be updated with UTGLR for UT, which really sucks. :/

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 May 2009, 16:11

EFF YEAH.. ok installed RTNP with Unreal maps and installed that patch.. wow open gl in the editor.. a dream of speed, nothing like hanging as like with ut-d3d anymore... surely interesting to map with that (although I still dont know why I can not compile my mega freaking plants pack for unreal 1)...
But I have to add, that something like that for ut would rock much more. Unreal is just focused on .. unreal.. surprise? Features like that would be also very welcome for DM and co (if somebody comes now.. hey unreal also have DM.. then please die) And most users I guess have rather UT than unreal self. I dont know who coded all this exactly but I hope this guy will also get the chance to make that all with UT, too.
So what I want to say: I am worried about a reaction from unreal gamers (but from those who only have UT .. > and know "unreal" maybe only or mainly through xidia, ONP, 7B.. etc) like this: Oh year.. looks nice.. wait a minute.. I need unreal for this? Why the crap does it not work with UT.. pfft installing a game only for a map.. fu..

a request:
if I could start custom sp maps over the menu (as like in oldskool) it would be pretty helpful.
Under AL Audio the ambient sounds are a little bit strange, in Nyleve I came near the waterfalls and suddently I heared the waterfall ambientsounds, I went away and suddently it stopped also as it started. I missed there a smooth change as it should normally be oO
FullMeshRendering: Really good but if you could set something like that also for single certain meshes it would be much better, imagine an important mesh which should be displayed all the time, so an option like
"ForceFullMeshRendering" for the meshes self.

edit: wohoo could finally compile my plants pack for unreal 1. :o

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 May 2009, 17:33

Creavion wrote:if I could start custom sp maps over the menu (as like in oldskool) it would be pretty helpful.

You can :). There's support for custom packs.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 May 2009, 17:44

Creavion wrote:Under AL Audio the ambient sounds are a little bit strange, in Nyleve I came near the waterfalls and suddently I heared the waterfall ambientsounds, I went away and suddently it stopped also as it started. I missed there a smooth change as it should normally be oO

This may be the Attenuate option in ALAudio. It makes it so that when sounds are behind walls, the sound gets a bit quieter/muffled. It's a common feature most games have that Unreal did not. Try turning it off if you don't like it :P

If this doesn't work, then perhaps your audio card doesn't support ALAudio, or the drivers for your sound card are outdated...I had this too a couple months ago...but when I upgraded my sound card, everything worked perfectly 8)
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 May 2009, 18:25

@Raven: ... .... ... .... ... where??? BTW: I am speaking of SINGLE Sp maps not packs!
@Audio: Nope, turned SoundAttentuate off, no change.
I have only a onboard sound coard (Mainboard: Biostar MCP6P-M2, Nvidia Geforce 6100), but honestly I would be surprised if it would not support something like that O_o

I also noted a few seconds an other strange bug.. the editor has clearly problems if you update an texture through import of the same name.
You have maybe to restart the editor to see the update.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 May 2009, 20:51

ALAudio is relatively new...so I wouldnt be suprised if your sound card didn't support it. The computer I had which didn't support it was made only 5 years ago...

Not sure what u mean with the texture importing bug....you need to be more clear...but why don't you report them on the Oldunreal forum under the section dedicated to 227 bugs....since this isn't exactly the place for that :P
Last edited by Shivaxi on 21 May 2009, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 May 2009, 21:48

You as the official bug tester.. what about if you just forward my requests? I dont have an account there and to lazy to make one just for that. :P

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 May 2009, 00:35

Creavion wrote:You as the official bug tester.. what about if you just forward my requests? I dont have an account there and to lazy to make one just for that. :P

A. Because I don't even know what your trying to say with the texture importing thing. I've imported several textures using 227 and never had any problems, so I can't speak on that behalf.

and B. Because I'm not here for your laziness. If others get the same problem as you do, then it will be reported. And laziness is a horrible excuse :P

.:..:
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 May 2009, 02:04

To fix the ALAudio sound issue, try this:
[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
ALDevices=GenericSoftware

Fixes it to me at least...

Next