Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[u1] Unofficial Unreal patch 227e released

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: [u1] Unofficial Unreal patch 227e released

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 00:45

The good folks over at OldUnreal have released version 227e of their unofficial Unreal patch which seeks to bring the original Unreal experience up to, and beyond the level attainable through Unreal Tournament. Note: This patch is not compatible with Unreal: Return to Na Pali.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [u1] Unofficial Unreal patch 227e released

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 01:30

Hellscrag wrote:The good folks over at OldUnreal have released version 227e of their unofficial Unreal patch which seeks to bring the original Unreal experience up to, and beyond the level attainable through Unreal Tournament. Note: This patch is not compatible with Unreal: Return to Na Pali.

http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/upak.rar

above is a modified version of upak which is fully compatible with all other versions and also works with 227. Keep in mind that this file is in NO WAY supported by the people @ oldunreal.com

your welcome 8)

User avatar Nahand
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 03:32

... about UPAK... i have RtNP (but not installed ATM) and i was wondering if i can just copy my UPAK and RtNP DM maps into Unreal 227e, and they'd work?...
...'sharp dressed man'...

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 03:40

Nahand wrote:... about UPAK... i have RtNP (but not installed ATM) and i was wondering if i can just copy my UPAK and RtNP DM maps into Unreal 227e, and they'd work?...

thats the whole idea of my post above :B

download that upak instead of your version, then copy over the maps and yes.. it will work properly.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 07:08

Maybe the following is a stupid question but does it work, when anybody uses this patch for mapping and an other dude has still 226 as version? (if I keep 451 for ut in mind)
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar Nahand

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 11:30

... i'm assuming yes, as long as you don't use 227-specific editor stuff, like particles or that awesome (to me, i've wanted something like this for long time) window reflex like Quake 3 Arena, or UT2004 envirnment box? (dunno about the nomenclature, even, because i didn't bother to map anything for UT2004 atm, but you know what i mean)... assuming these are all NEW features to 227 (and other features, but those from the top of my head) :) ...

About the UPAK, i understood the obvious post, jackrabbit :D , but i was asking since i wouldn't need to download that IF mine worked. Also, i asked because obviously i wanted to open UPAK in the new shiny editor and make some RtNP-weapon-specific maps...

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 16:52

Nahand wrote:... i'm assuming yes, as long as you don't use 227-specific editor stuff, like particles or that awesome (to me, i've wanted something like this for long time) window reflex like Quake 3 Arena, or UT2004 envirnment box? (dunno about the nomenclature, even, because i didn't bother to map anything for UT2004 atm, but you know what i mean)... assuming these are all NEW features to 227 (and other features, but those from the top of my head) :) ...

About the UPAK, i understood the obvious post, jackrabbit :D , but i was asking since i wouldn't need to download that IF mine worked. Also, i asked because obviously i wanted to open UPAK in the new shiny editor and make some RtNP-weapon-specific maps...

Ah good :tup:

yes you will want to use the link above for your upak version in 227. It is compatible online with all version and works 100% with 227.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 18:43

Strange sound bugs. If I walk around the pitch of the sounds is raising in the moment until I stop again (used unrealgold, thats the only thing I mentioned so far).

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 18:51

Creavion wrote:Strange sound bugs. If I walk around the pitch of the sounds is raising in the moment until I stop again (used unrealgold, thats the only thing I mentioned so far).

Unreal is designed to do that (the doppler effect, most noticeable on lifts) but it shouldn't be so pronounced as you are describing here.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Nahand

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 20:30

jackrabbit wrote:Ah good :tup:

yes you will want to use the link above for your upak version in 227. It is compatible online with all version and works 100% with 227.

... i DL'ed your UPAK. Also, i copied the RtNP Dm maps (they are just 6 or 7), and for anybody else doing this mind you they will not work right away, because there's some RtNP-specific packages needed; those being: Marines.uax and UPakFonts.utx. So, to anyone out there in the same situation, don't forget to also copy those files from the RtNP CD. I didn't copied the SP RtNP maps and obviously, they'd problably need the other RtNP-only files to run i assume...

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008, 03:32

Actually it is compatible with RTNP....you just need the converted upak.u file to work with 227....and no it does not cause any mismatches with the original upak.u file

http://www.freewebs.com/shivaxi/patchesfixes.htm
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008, 20:58

With delay I noticed that is now possible to import directly ogg files.. got nearly a heart attack. I wish it would be also possible with ut :/ epic.. why why why

User avatar Nahand

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008, 22:28

...so, using .ogg files of UT2004 in Unreal music folder will allow us to perfectly listen to them? (and wasn't normal mp3 also supported like this now) But, how/should we mappers use them? I mean, if we do a map that uses .ogg or even an mp3, we should bundle it like if it were a .umx, in the upload .zip? But this will mean that anyone non 227 won't be able to listen, and further more, not even able to load the map (because it would be "missing" a file?) Also, in the editor, we can hear/select .ogg from the get go, or we must alter sound driver for editor?

/slighty drunk

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008, 22:35

uhm yes seems so.. the imported oggs are handled as umx files if you save them.
And yes I thinks thats clear if you use this feature unreal 227 is a must have.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008, 06:40

DOUBLE KILL

I have changed the Audio Device to FMOD thing and now it seems I don`t have this strange Ambientsound problems anymore, although the screen is still scretched like in a pressure zone.

Next