A random sentence for a random mind.

[usp] Seven Years and Counting

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 13:20

Congrats! An impressive state of service.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 15:01

Long live USP :)
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 18:56

kea wrote:Happy birthday.
I wanted to check when I was registered on old forums to see how long I belong to this community, but old forums are down. :/

I have to manually empty the sessions table regularly to keep the old forum in service, which I can't be bothered to do so from now on it will only be available on request.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:39

is there absolutely no way to move those databases over or export them or something? (as a download or example.. just in case ppl want to look up something..)
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:58

Darkon wrote:is there absolutely no way to move those databases over or export them or something? (as a download or example.. just in case ppl want to look up something..)

Not really... the database is too bloated and glitchy, and is best left alone.

User avatar Monk of Magnesia
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Happy 7th!

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 22:14

I discovered Unreal Gold back in early 2001 and have been addicted ever since! When I first played, I would be up to 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning, trying to figure out how to get to the next level (I did not know there were such things as walk-throughs back then). I've been visiting your site over the years and love it as much as I love the game! Thanks for all the work everyone is doing and Happy 7th!

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: Re: Happy 7th!

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 22:36

Monk of Magnesia wrote:I discovered Unreal Gold back in early 2001 and have been addicted ever since! When I first played, I would be up to 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning, trying to figure out how to get to the next level (I did not know there were such things as walk-throughs back then). I've been visiting your site over the years and love it as much as I love the game! Thanks for all the work everyone is doing and Happy 7th!

welcome to the site! :) :tup:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: Happy 7th!

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 23:01

Darkon wrote:
Monk of Magnesia wrote:I discovered Unreal Gold back in early 2001 and have been addicted ever since! When I first played, I would be up to 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning, trying to figure out how to get to the next level (I did not know there were such things as walk-throughs back then). I've been visiting your site over the years and love it as much as I love the game! Thanks for all the work everyone is doing and Happy 7th!

welcome to the site! :) :tup:

Yes indeed, welcome!

User avatar Scytale
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 10:16

I'm a bit late with this post, but whatever. Has it really been seven years already? I'm feeling old :wink:

I have visited this place for so long now, and even after all the other games I have played, few have given me the same epic feel as the SP from Unreal. I was never able to make something decent in the Editor, but luckily there are a lot of other talented people who can.

And thanks to you Hellscrag, All these telented mappers have had a place to call home for all these years. I wonder if Unreal SP mapping would still exist as much if this site would not be here. So a big thank you to everyone who have kept this nice place alive for all these years :) :tup: :tup: :tup:
-"The many sings to us"

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 17:52

Thanks for the kind words Scytale (or should I say Dominator.NL? :P)

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 22:43

Question to all: in what year did you start playing Unreal + what was your first impression? 8)

For me: I started it when it just came out.. (so I guess that must have been 1998 then) a friend of mine had it on his pc and wanted to show me the game. I had just finished Quake2, so I wanted something new.. The flyby just blew me away; great graphics, great music.. awesome!! And so much better than Q2, even from that first impression! :tup:

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 23:41

Well, got Unreal few after it came out. I was probably 8 or 9 at that time.

It was the game that introduced me to the FPS genre. And I do not know why, it is the FPS that I like the most, having 9 or more years of consecutive playing.

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 08:15

I basically started my FPS days with some Wolf3D and Doom. And Quake by the age 7. :P

But UT reigned as soon as it entered my CD drive. :P

And I like having ended up here in USP because it shouldered a lot of things that kept me going as part of the Unreal Community. So I'm thankful for USP.org for being around for that long even if I wasn't around in the start. :lol:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 10:48

Got Unreal from a PC magazine, during 1998. Already had a good experience with FPS games thanks to Doom, Quake, etc.

Unreal had just everything that I wanted to be fixed from the previous FPS games before it. That's why I did enjoy it more, more and more.
ImageImage

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 12:06

We got it with our video card when we got a new PC in 1998. Before that we had one of those old monochrome ones so Unreal was the first game I ever saw in 3D and I was blown away (plus I thought it was a bit scary being 10 years old :o ). I never knew they could make something that good looking :P
The moment with the Skaarj in Rrajigar was crap your pants time, but in a good way

Previous Next