Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Unreal 227j Patch - Asking for your questions and feedback!

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Unreal 227j Patch - Asking for your questions and feedback!

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021, 13:42

Hi everyone,

as part of an effort to create more clarity about the OldUnreal 227j patch, I'd like to collect our community's questions, feedback and concerns for the period of one week. This serves the purpose of informing the 227 team about what issues are most important for the community, what people expect from the patch, as well as how much enthusiasm for new content and features exists in the community. We wish to create a Q&A thread containing the most important answers and information on the patch, after the collection period.

This depends on you, the community, to create some good discussion material on the project, so I am counting on your collaboration! Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or feedback on the project, and with it, the future of Unreal.

- ivi
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

jackrabbit130
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: Unreal 227j Patch - Asking for your questions and feedback!

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 06:20

I'm curious to know about lighting an collision in regards to Static Meshes. In previous versions of 227, if you intersected static meshes with BSP brushes in any way, it would cause major frame drops. Has there been any evidence that maps do not suffer from this problem in 227j and does the lighting engine for Unreal look uniform across the intersection of BSP and Static Mesh maps now?

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021, 20:23

Where can I find a download for the 227i version?.... (haven't been here in a while, so...)
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Aspide
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021, 21:10

Google "Unreal 227i" and click on "Oldunreal's 227 Patch", scroll down until you find Downloads and there you go. :D
Just make sure to install the right patch depending if you have UnrealGold or UnrealClassic (original Unreal).
Somewhere in Nevada...

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021, 21:47

Aspide wrote:Google "Unreal 227i" and click on "Oldunreal's 227 Patch", scroll down until you find Downloads and there you go. :D
Just make sure to install the right patch depending if you have UnrealGold or UnrealClassic (original Unreal).

So.. just go to https://www.oldunreal.com/downloads/unr ... l-patches/ and download it from there... :P
Done! Thank you Aspide! Now I just need to find my copy of Unreal somewhere.... hm....
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.