Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Krall bug and Movers issue

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Krall bug and Movers issue

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020, 04:07

I wonder, I play Unreal maps in Co-op using the Infiltration 2.9 mod and there are two issues that are a problem for gameplay:

The Krall hitbox bug and Monsters seeing us and attacking from behind closed doors. Krall bug is that their corpses act as if they're standing and shots don't go through, unless the corpse is gibbed and all enemies spot us and shoot before the doors were opened on all maps.

Is there a solution to the Krall bug? Maybe a custom class that has the hitbox fixed, that can be made to replace all Krall in maps?

And as for the AI seeing through doors issue, it is probably an issue with the mod we run the maps through. What could be the causing problem, or the solution to this?

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Krall bug and Movers issue

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020, 00:06

It seems there is an issue with the UT player class when playing Unreal maps with Unreal monsters in UT. They see the player through the movers (doors, lifts, etc).

Any ideas on the subject? How to make them not see the player through movers?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020, 05:56

If you're playing online, monsters always see through movers; it's just a netcode limitation with the engine. I think even U1 has that issue. 227 probably has a toggle that changes the behavior, but I know UT doesn't have any way to work around it. Sorry!

As for the Krall hitbox thing, not totally sure about it. Are these modded Krall or stock?

User avatar Psychomorph
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021, 01:16

I played Co-op in UT (Redeem Your Space map-pack with Unreal player models) and enemies did not attack me through the door.

So the question is why. Is it because of the Unreal player class? Because it was UT and it was online.