Page 1 of 2

[RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V2.1 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 15 Feb 2019, 07:55
by Diego96
NEW VERSION (v2.1)

SUMMARY

Here's a little mod for anyone who wanted a reason to replay any favourite levels.

Feel free to experiment with the alternative shaders.


>>DOWNLOAD V2.1<<

>MIRROR<

Updates:


  • Added an extra missing LUT
  • Toned back color correction and ambient light a bit
  • Rolled back to 3.4.0 for better control
  • Added LiftGammaGain.fx for extra brightness when recording/screenshotting
  • Merged Technicolor2 with LUUT for better performance
  • Removed film grain
  • NEW - Updated Reshade to v4.3.0 (better performance)
  • NEW - Replaced AmbientLight with a newer version without dithering artifacts
  • NEW - Minor tweaks to most shaders (less aggressive sharpening, color correction and gamma correction)
  • NEW - Added alternative sharpening tools
  • NEW - Added a couple of retro filters for experimenting
  • NEW - Added some subtle color debanding
  • NEW - Added LUUUT
  • NEW - Sharpening strength upped from 0.50 to 0.65
  • NEW - Made package smaller and modified some shaders, most notably Lumasharpen

REQUIREMENTS

227i for Unreal Gold
D3D9 or OpenGL for Unreal Tournament

Any card slightly more powerful than a GT 1030 could run it with all thingies on.
Otherwise just scale back a few settings with the shortcuts.

Using D3D9 is recommended. OpenGL, EXUOpengl and DX10+ are compatible but not fully tested.

INSTALLATION

Extract all files to your system folder along your game executables.

SHORTCUTS


  • Shift + F2 - Open Reshade menu
  • F3 - Enable/Disable all tweaks
  • Insert - LiftGammaGain (enabled by default)
  • Alt + Home - LUUUT (disabled by default)
  • Home - LUUT
  • Shift + Home - LUT (disabled by default)
  • Page Up - AmbientLightV2
  • Delete - Experimental retro shader (disabled by default - recommended to use with AdaptiveSharpen)
  • Shift + Delete - Experimental retro scanline to use with retro shader (disabled by default)
  • End - Alternative Sharpening tool (disabled by default)
  • Page Down - AdaptiveSharpen
  • Pause - Deband

NOTE - Currently, the only way to make the changes permanent is to do the clicking method or modifying the unreal.ini file by entering (or removing) the desired preset in the Techniques= line. I'll fix this in a future update.

PREVIEWS

(Taken on 1080p, see GALLERY to watch in HD)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image HAVE FUN :tup:

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 15 Feb 2019, 15:05
by UBerserker
Oh nice, gonna try it out on Atropos. Also llol I'm amazed it doesn't insta-crash on Verflucht.

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 16 Feb 2019, 20:02
by UBerserker
Tried around a bit, works with EXUOpenGL but some of the settings cause everything to turn into black in some levels, not sure what's going on.
Surprisingly not much of a game changer since all it does is adding a blue filter and making fog lights less dense (which can hurt fogs used to mask certain surfaces). The strong distance lights seen when you are in dark places is cool though.

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 17 Feb 2019, 00:29
by FXANBSS
WOAHHH, as an Unreal Tournament 3 player, I MASSIVELY approve this! :tup:

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 17 Feb 2019, 22:48
by Diego96
UBerserker wrote:Surprisingly not much of a game changer since all it does is adding a blue filter and making fog lights less dense (which can hurt fogs used to mask certain surfaces). The strong distance lights seen when you are in dark places is cool though.

Not exactly sure what you mean with less dense fog lights since ambientlight.fx is only supposed to make bright areas "bleed" their colors into the enviroment.

Maybe you could explain it better with some screenshots if there is something weird going on?

FXANBSS wrote:WOAHHH, as an Unreal Tournament 3 player, I MASSIVELY approve this! :tup:

Haven't seen ya in while :D

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 18 Feb 2019, 00:45
by FXANBSS
Diego96 wrote:Haven't seen ya in while :D

Hehe :D I'm soooo glad to be back, feels like back sweet home :)


Here are some quickie ReShade albums I made (It's EXU2) :B
https://imgur.com/a/9Kix2Cd
https://imgur.com/a/KVh8RqV

► Show Spoiler

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 18 Feb 2019, 03:45
by Diego96
FXANBSS wrote:Here are some quickie ReShade albums I made (It's EXU2) :B
https://imgur.com/a/9Kix2Cd
https://imgur.com/a/KVh8RqV

► Show Spoiler

I'm definitely saving some of these for future reference

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 18 Feb 2019, 22:56
by UBerserker
Diego96 wrote:Maybe you could explain it better with some screenshots if there is something weird going on?

Nevermind much.
Anyway I kept testing the thing for a little while more. I'm not sure if it's EXUOpenGL but when some setting combos are turned on (and always when ALL it's turned on) everything becomes black, including the menu or the whole game when it's not black BUT if you have the console turned on.

So far this doesn't happen in Atropos - here everything works perfectly and funnily it's probably the Unreal level where ReShade fits the best since it makes everything even closer to Unreal 2's Drakk visuals.

► Show Spoiler


I don't remember which setting turns on the blue filter but I feel it doesn't fit in a lot of maps, including Xeops. Pretty sure I haven't noticed FPS drops, even in fights.

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT

Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 00:08
by Diego96
UBerserker wrote:Anyway I kept testing the thing for a little while more. I'm not sure if it's EXUOpenGL but when some setting combos are turned on (and always when ALL it's turned on) everything becomes black, including the menu or the whole game when it's not black BUT if you have the console turned on.

So far this doesn't happen in Atropos - here everything works perfectly and funnily it's probably the Unreal level where ReShade fits the best since it makes everything even closer to Unreal 2's Drakk visuals.

► Show Spoiler


I don't remember which setting turns on the blue filter but I feel it doesn't fit in a lot of maps, including Xeops. Pretty sure I haven't noticed FPS drops, even in fights.

OpenGL and EXUOpenGL work for me but introduce way too many problems. MSI Afterburner ignores Reshade completely when using them and my screenshots are always wasted. If you are having problems I suggest deleting opengl32.ini (to reset it) or reinstalling Reshade 3.4.1 over your game for fresh injectors.

I've been discussing with Fxanbss and dialed back some effects a bit, namely LUUT and AmbientLight. Now it's not as obtrusive, it looks more like the screenshots above and looks better in the dark. See the update.

I also restored an older version without the locked controls and inputs so it's better for tinkering with shaders and all of that. This preset is not the end of the world after all. Xeops looks nice without LUUT (the blue filter) for example:
Image

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 01:17
by FXANBSS
oh god, i just noticed in-game brightness doesn't get recorded, reason why my latests videos are extremely dark

Could you add that shader that adds brightness? That will save myyy life, and that would also avoid the persisting brightness bug when the game crashes :o this will also really be of your help too

and also, that older version takes muuch longer to load, uuugh, this adds up with time.. (especially in cases where you switch from fullscreen to window and viceversa AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT FUCKING 6 minutes lol (k not that much but LORD))
for some reason you don't have "perfomance mode" on which should make the loading faster

i don't see problem from your previous version, i would have stayed with the current version, unless you've got a something example horrible enough



about the Reshade in OpenGL topic, it never worked here but i shouldn't mind for now, so D3D9 :)

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 03:07
by Diego96
FXANBSS wrote:oh god, i just noticed in-game brightness doesn't get recorded, reason why my latests videos are extremely dark

Could you add that shader that adds brightness? That will save myyy life, and that would also avoid the persisting brightness bug when the game crashes :o this will also really be of your help too

and also, that older version takes muuch longer to load, uuugh, this adds up with time.. (especially in cases where you switch from fullscreen to window and viceversa AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT FUCKING 6 minutes lol (k not that much but LORD))
for some reason you don't have "perfomance mode" on which should make the loading faster

In that case I'll add the levels.fx LiftGammaGain effect to another keybind.

The program does have a performance mode under the settings tab but it still has unused shaders making the loading slower. I removed them and set the mode to performance by default (it can still be changed normally).

I think you can restore Windows brightness by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Windows Key + B.

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1.4 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 13:05
by Anreel
RTX ON, na mean

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1.5 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 14 May 2019, 08:13
by Diego96
woops did a misclick

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V1.4 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 14 May 2019, 08:17
by Diego96
Anreel wrote:RTX ON, na mean

It's funnier now that they are implementing ray-tracing on Reshade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGvESObKxE

btw I updated the LUT so it's now faster :D

Re: [RESHADE] Atmospheric overhaul V2.0 is OUT (New update)

Posted: 16 Jul 2019, 05:47
by Diego96
NEW UPDATE BOIS
Image
CHECK ON TOP