Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

return to na pali help

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

tommyjp
Pupae Pupae

Subject: return to na pali help

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2014, 13:35

I realise this question is probably as old as the hills but can't seem to find solution. I've been playing unreal gold and finished the first one. on rtnp I'm having problems with the save. it starts of ok and then when you get some way into the game it saves but won't reload. "server at full capacity". I cannot seem to access any of the unreal files (ini) because I downloaded it from steam. any ideas. thanks

Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Subject: Re: return to na pali help

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 14:13

that's really none of the messages one would expect when playing singleplayer. My first impression was that you must doing something wrong, but I wouldn't even know what to do, to produce such a message offline.
However, even a Steam installation has its path where you can access the ini and the logfiles. I don't use Steam, so I can't say exactly where it puts it stuff, but its usually subdirectory of steam with a long path (steam dir + "normal" game directories).
Steam installs to the following folder by default:
C:\Program Files\Steam
Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\

I am not sure anymore since I only read once about it, but that's what I found about it.
The older versions of Unreal have some known issues with long pathnames, including the 226 version sold in Steam, so this is maybe part of the problem, but really can't say this way.
You are saving the game via the normal savegame dialog and load it as well from there, playing singleplayer?
Other than that you can try the community patch 227, which you can download from http://www.oldunreal.com - but I can't remember such a problem in general so I am not sure if it helps with this particular problem.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 14:45

Maybe try out Lightning Hunter's RTNP Ultimate Edition? I guess you might not want the new content but it's probably more stable than the original version.
Formerly Mman

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 22:43

Mman wrote:Maybe try out Lightning Hunter's RTNP Ultimate Edition? I guess you might not want the new content but it's probably more stable than the original version.

This! How would anyone not want the new content? :D
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2014, 23:18

Yeah seriously, go for RTNP UE, it removes all those annoying intermissions and brings in some kickass unused Unreal maps.
ImageImage