UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Need Help Finishing 7 Bullets

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

mfw41
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 May 2008, 08:12

I'm stuck on the map called 'The Dead Scorpions'. I'm on the part of the map where you have traversing the ventilation system, and I just killed 3 bad guys and the only way out of that room goes into another room that I had recently was in thirty seconds ago it has a man-made stream going through the middle of it at a fast speed. I did notice on the other side there was another part of the the ventilation system so the 'ghosted' to that part and found our favorite Skaarj waiting for his cue. So I'm asking how do I get across to THAT part of the ventilation system or how do I get the Skaarj to do his action that will let me across?

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 May 2008, 09:46

I'm confused, you have trouble getting across the water? Or the part after the cutscene?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 May 2008, 12:34

mfw41 wrote:Which map in UNREAL 1 had this bridge and boat?

Temple of Vandora. In the room where you first see the boat, there's a secret passage under the wooden bridge which leads to a room with the Flak Cannon.

Do the same in the 7B version of the map to find the third code.

mfw41 wrote:I'm stuck on the map called 'The Dead Scorpions'. I'm on the part of the map where you have traversing the ventilation system, and I just killed 3 bad guys and the only way out of that room goes into another room that I had recently was in thirty seconds ago it has a man-made stream going through the middle of it at a fast speed. I did notice on the other side there was another part of the the ventilation system so the 'ghosted' to that part and found our favorite Skaarj waiting for his cue. So I'm asking how do I get across to THAT part of the ventilation system or how do I get the Skaarj to do his action that will let me across?

At that point, Scarred One shouldn't appear anymore in the map...

Are you on the balcony of the room with the stream which previously had two MachineGun turrets? Look on your left. There's another vent shaft, and it leads to a dead body with the last code.
ImageImage

mfw41
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 May 2008, 20:08

UBerserker wrote:
mfw41 wrote:Which map in UNREAL 1 had this bridge and boat?

Temple of Vandora. In the room where you first see the boat, there's a secret passage under the wooden bridge which leads to a room with the Flak Cannon.

Do the same in the 7B version of the map to find the third code.

mfw41 wrote:I'm stuck on the map called 'The Dead Scorpions'. I'm on the part of the map where you have traversing the ventilation system, and I just killed 3 bad guys and the only way out of that room goes into another room that I had recently was in thirty seconds ago it has a man-made stream going through the middle of it at a fast speed. I did notice on the other side there was another part of the the ventilation system so the 'ghosted' to that part and found our favorite Skaarj waiting for his cue. So I'm asking how do I get across to THAT part of

the ventilation system or how do I get the Skaarj to do his action that will let me across?

At that point, Scarred One shouldn't appear anymore in the map...

Are you on the balcony of the room with the stream which previously had two MachineGun turrets? Look on your left. There's another vent shaft, and it leads to a dead body with the last code.

Thanks for the info :) . But right after I posted this little problem, I figured out the problem, I was just going the WRONG way. I 'ghosted' to get the code for the second terminal when I just shoud've just went right.

No I have another problem I'm now got problems with the map after 'The Dead Scorpions' 'Unfinished Business'. I'm now at the end of 'Unfinished Business' map and I can't get any farther, the sreen fades to black signifying a map change but the next map won't load since I can hear a cry of pain in a endless loop. Any ideas of how to get past this little problem?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 May 2008, 20:17

mfw41 wrote:No I have another problem I'm now got problems with the map after 'The Dead Scorpions' 'Unfinished Business'. I'm now at the end of 'Unfinished Business' map and I can't get any farther, the sreen fades to black signifying a map change but the next map won't load since I can hear a cry of pain in a endless loop. Any ideas of how to get past this little problem?

This is a new bug of 7B to my ears. Does this happen always?
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 May 2008, 22:14

It is possible to trigger the fadeout thing w/o reaching the exit teleport at the end of a couple maps. Just walk straight into them.

mfw41
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 May 2008, 05:51

UBerserker wrote:
mfw41 wrote:No I have another problem I'm now got problems with the map after 'The Dead Scorpions' 'Unfinished Business'. I'm now at the end of 'Unfinished Business' map and I can't get any farther, the sreen fades to black signifying a map change but the next map won't load since I can hear a cry of pain in a endless loop. Any ideas of how to get past this little problem?

This is a new bug of 7B to my ears. Does this happen always?

I vaguely remember having this problem before when I played 7B more than a year back. It suddenly occurred to me that its a problem is that I use the umod that is v1.0I, so I DL v1.1 and the v1.2 patch and overwrite the existing files and started playing and finished the mod.

mfw41
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 May 2008, 05:52

zYnthetic wrote:It is possible to trigger the fadeout thing w/o reaching the exit teleport at the end of a couple maps. Just walk straight into them.

That level ended with a cutscene, when the cutscene ended the next map was supposed to load but all I got was that loop. But as it turns out it was a bug since I was playing v1.0 of 7B, so I DL v1.1 and the v1.2 patch and overwrite the files and the next map loaded with out a hitch.

Previous