A random sentence for a random mind.

Decorations that drain momentumtransfer

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Decorations that drain momentumtransfer

Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013, 19:55

haha

Leo told me about this

Try this on the palms in Nyleve, just outside the Vortex Rikers. It works with any non-destructible decorations, possibly static meshes as well.
Use a really powerful weapon like the Redeemer or hell, even the Large Marge from EXU2. Shoot the palm at least one time. Now fly on top of the palm, walk on it and press jump. Your palm is now a jump-pad. Watch out that literally the playerpawn doesn't expect it and even falling from low height hurts him :>

It's so strange. Apparently the decorations keep the momentumtransfer. Shooting another Redeemer rocket to the palm seems to reset the momentum to 0, which basically makes you unable to jump on the palm (you still get damaged by the "fall" though).

The damage of the weapon projectile (it seems like threshold-based) is what gives to the "jump-pad" bug the z-axis power. With a Large Marge orb, you're like jumping instantly in the sky.
ImageImage

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: Decorations that drain momentumtransfer

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013, 02:53

whoa, wierd find.
Just ban everyone

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013, 07:46

I guess THIS forum should not know that since he can't post here.
Last edited by redeye on 28 Jul 2013, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013, 15:02

Then, we should vote again. Even if he still wants to post here.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013, 15:20

PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC
ImageImage

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013, 15:39

Nice find. I wonder how many of these glitches could be found.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013, 11:06

I remember seeing this online once, if you load The Sunspire and go to that glitchy book right at the start (In the alcove with the dead nali) and shoot the book (Heavy ordnance is recommended) for a while then stand on it and jump, you sometimes auto-crater haha

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013, 12:14

Gizzy wrote:I remember seeing this online once, if you load The Sunspire and go to that glitchy book right at the start (In the alcove with the dead nali) and shoot the book (Heavy ordnance is recommended) for a while then stand on it and jump, you sometimes auto-crater haha

Books are amazing. In Unreal Coop we used to summon books every time, because standing on them and shooting them iwth the Dispersion Pistol would propel you into the sky. We used to have races like that, for my sister I made especially huge book classes to stand on etc.
Good fun!

Also reminds me of the times where we'd build stuff out of summoned tables, barrels etc :p
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 20:28

Gizzy wrote:I remember seeing this online once, if you load The Sunspire and go to that glitchy book right at the start (In the alcove with the dead nali) and shoot the book (Heavy ordnance is recommended) for a while then stand on it and jump, you sometimes auto-crater haha

This.

It's an ancient bug Coopers have known about forever and ever.

It's got something to do with decorations being bStatic but things still impart velocity on them, so while they're sitting there, they still have insane velocity and if you jump it transfers it to you.

So when that book has tons of negative velocity, you jump and slam with an assload of force, or the other one where you shoot up at it, and land on it then you fly upwards with tons of force.