UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

In-Game Choppiness

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: In-Game Choppiness

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 14:54

I really hate having to make threads like this. So a while ago, as far as I remember my game was running fine. Recently I've been making some custom packages (weapons and a few skins mostly), and ever since then my game has been running choppier than usual. As to say, at certain moment and when encountering enemies - which gets rather annoying - the game skips a beat or two, freezes for a split second here and there. This is pretty darn annoying; is it likely that this was caused by my new packages I made? Or is there some other solution to this problem?

Any and all help greatly appreciate. Hope you're all having great holidays/have a happy new year. :)

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: In-Game Choppiness

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 15:11

Have you defragmented any time recently? There's a small chance doing that might help if you haven't.
Formerly Mman

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: In-Game Choppiness

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011, 18:05

I'll try that sometime, if the problem persists. But as it stand I just restarted/logged on to a different account and I'm back to normal. Weird. Thanks!