UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Skaarj Skins

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Skaarj Skins

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014, 00:55

jaypeezy wrote:I am quite content with how this pack came out. Would have loved to make some talk-textures to work with it if OldSkool supported them.

It does.
At least the version I have, but I made a custom talk texture for all my Skaarj to use and it works fine.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 19 May 2014, 19:15

I accidentally learned how to skin the SKtrooper back around 2001. I was using then, and still do, the model made available from UsAaR33's original version of oldskool. The reason I still don't use oldskool amp'd, the updated version, is it removed this model... and as it's been fairly well established, I love me some Skaarj!

Skins made for it are based on the original version of oldskool, but there are some other models for the Sktrooper that can use these skins. As I've never tried to .zip these up for others to use before, had hoped to do it for my own hosted games but I haven't hosted in years, so there may be stuff I should include I didn't.

This is just the 3rd batch, I do the Skaarj in mass skin-sets, accounting for just 9 skins and the talk texture I edited for the 'Skaarj Squad' WAY back when. Decided to send this one as a certain gecko has been insistant about gaining access to the ARMY (1st in pic) Skaarj in this set.
The SKtroopers in this set are skins I got over the years that I gave full team colors. I've done some originals too but they're in Batch 1 & 2.

These work fine in ut99... and I got no idea if they'll work in Unreal1 so someone be sure to tell me if they do.

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sn3jx ... _Squd3.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014, 21:38

I didn't know about any Unreal/UT forums until 2011, when I 1st started joining them. Prior to that, closer to when the game first came out, when I did my initial skinning of SKtroopers, I posted about them in Yahoo Groups.

I ran UTcorps & SkaarjSquad, and later the guy that ran UTcam turned it over to me.

Haven't been on any of those in years, close to a decade, but I went through the this past week as they have my initial work on skinning SKtroopers & the earliest of my screenshots.

Random: On Yahoo I was EvilGrins & Ye_Bloody_Bastard

Most anyone that's played UT knows if there's a memory glitch the game's engine temporarily re-assigns some textures on certain models. As is clear here:
Usually from the Male Soldier and the 1st texture in the set, which comprises the upper torso, back, and gauntlets.

Once I worked that out, it was simple to setup .int & .utx for the Sktrooper... though for awhile I went for very simple texture steals from existing skins from various other models.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014, 02:58

What map is this?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014, 03:50

It's a very old, like ancient old, CTF map. Hands down the largest map ever made for UT: CTF-AYetiTV

I use it as a DM because it has no bot-pathing.

What it does have is 2 massive bases on either end with multiple levels within. a massive low-gravity zone between both bases, a bouncy floor, vehicles/lifts that rapidly take you along the length of the thing, insane number of telepotrts, and an outside you can actually get to if you get on the center massive lift without killing yourself.

Remember my old fave the HallOfGiants? As a measuring unit: this is like 8 HallOfGiants long, 3 HallOfGiants high, 2½ HallOfGiants wide... or possibly larger.

It's one of the few maps I know of that survived the dissolutiuon of an all Australian clan from 2003.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015, 19:13

Finally! A full display of all the Sktrooper skins I've edited or made:

All of them here · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/100468.html

Previous