Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

(Unofficial) Botpack in Unreal 227g

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009, 20:31

hell people...
as Shivaxi already said, 227 has NOTHING to do with it nor will this conversion find any place at Oldunreal due to the unclear legal status. This pack is user made!
Some compatibility tweaks were made to make it easier to convert the coop and singleplayer campaigns to 227. It was never meant to make 227 to UT or meant to enable UT content in 227.

@Hellscrag

Please have an eye on that topic, it's really important that people understand that Oldunreal is not involved in that, any other impression could cause the end of 227 and maybe even Oldunreal.

User avatar Pitbull
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009, 20:40

Just to make it official. Old Unreal does not and can not support this. Please people do not suggest otherwise. This implication puts further 227 development at great risk. 227 does not and will not have botpack support.
Last edited by Pitbull on 25 Dec 2009, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009, 20:46

Someone could probably change the title of this thread to "[UNOFFICIAL] Botpack.u usermade addon for Unreal 227g" or something to clear up any gray areas since you guys are worried about that.

Shivaxi wrote:Can't find BoolProperty in file 'BoolProperty Botpack.TournamentWeapon.bCanClientFire'

That BoolProperty seems to be missing in the converted version for some reason. Quite possibly due to the code being different between UT and U...unsure though.

This is REALLY weird. Is ClientFire native to UT or something? I can't think of why a converted Botpack would be lacking this unless someone actually busted open Botpack.u, reassembled all the UC files by hand, and somehow forgot to copy/paste a certain chunk of code from TournamentWeapon into the converted version. But that would be such a labor-intensive process I don't know who in their right mind would ever voluntarily do such a thing :P

It might just be that there are some native functions in UT that you simply cannot convert to 227. As much as that would be a shame, it wouldn't surprise me, and it would make converting some UT maps a real hassle.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009, 12:10

Smirftsch wrote:@Hellscrag

Please have an eye on that topic, it's really important that people understand that Oldunreal is not involved in that, any other impression could cause the end of 227 and maybe even Oldunreal.

No problem Smirf, I'll try to control any rumours.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009, 17:17

Waffnuffly wrote:Someone could probably change the title of this thread to "[UNOFFICIAL] Botpack.u usermade addon for Unreal 227g" or something to clear up any gray areas since you guys are worried about that.

Shivaxi wrote:Can't find BoolProperty in file 'BoolProperty Botpack.TournamentWeapon.bCanClientFire'

That BoolProperty seems to be missing in the converted version for some reason. Quite possibly due to the code being different between UT and U...unsure though.

This is REALLY weird. Is ClientFire native to UT or something? I can't think of why a converted Botpack would be lacking this unless someone actually busted open Botpack.u, reassembled all the UC files by hand, and somehow forgot to copy/paste a certain chunk of code from TournamentWeapon into the converted version. But that would be such a labor-intensive process I don't know who in their right mind would ever voluntarily do such a thing :P

It might just be that there are some native functions in UT that you simply cannot convert to 227. As much as that would be a shame, it wouldn't surprise me, and it would make converting some UT maps a real hassle.

Yeah :P

What's even weirder is I get this trying to open DM-UTR-Kamah in Unreal.

Can't find function in file 'Function Engine.Actor.PlayOwnedSound'

So I'm like, hmm, I'll try to convert. The first thing I did was export the MyLevel textures, and try to open them in Unreal's Edtitor, which then lead to this error message.

Can't find ObjectProperty in file 'ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.PendingTouch'

wtf...I give up :P

If there's any map I want in Unreal from UT, it's Kamah. Imagine shadows on all those custom plants and trees...omg must have! :twisted:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009, 18:26

If nothing helps you have to replace them each by hand with a replacer-texture to replace them again with the original textures. Or UTPT helps with extracting of the stuff.
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

--------------------------------------------------
>:E

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: (Unofficial) Botpack in Unreal 227g

Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012, 23:23

Sorry for the bump, but where can I get it ?

*Thoughts upon reading the entire thread*
It occurs to me, I will be able to convert UT stuff to Unreal far easier if I have the main bridge between them.

As far as legality is concerned, I was under the impression that the Epic Unreal engine resources were available for use, but only in another Unreal based game.
Or is it a case of it can only be used within the same U version ?

Botpack resources are referenced by many UT mods. Is that then illegal ? (obviously not)
Surely it would also make running Unreal in UT via Oldskool illegal ? (obviously not)
If, to use a converted version of the UT botpack, you must first own a copy of Unreal, again Epic cannot lose.
I understand the caution, but I think for a mod like this it is not an issue.

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012, 07:42

ill point you here http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/botpack.rar
That's the last official release thats available on this forum somwhere( unrelated thread).

Doesnt currently work with 227i ,and most ut mods will need to be modified in some way to work with 227, scripts will need to be modified and there is no mutatorplus support etc. your not going to magically play using ut mods or maps.

Its fun to tinker with but not very sustainable as a standalone core game,
i tried some stuff ( running ut maps ,mods etc ) somtimes it works,
sometime you need to spend time rewritting code that isnt properly 'emulated'

on the note of legality , its considered a "mod" so to speak,
It has the same structure as UT botpack but the contents are slightly different to emulate the original. It is almost useless without having a install of UT to get the maps/files from.You cant even join a 227 botpack sever unless you have the ut sounds installed or server has redirects.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012, 23:18

Cheers.
What I am thinking, is that if I could now open a UT map in Unreal UEd, that I can then remove the botpack dependencies.

I have had little joy with the map converter I have tried, and cannot find dots's converter, only threads and posts with people talking about it.

BTW. the maps I want to convert are old "Spooger" maps with no weapons (I'm still tracking-down other "Spooger" maps.)
http://web.archive.org/web/200502251748 ... m/spooger/

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 00:01

bob wrote:most ut mods will need to be modified in some way to work with 227

I managed to convert most of EXU2 to U1 using botpack227 a long time ago, shame I lost the source though :/

Dr.Flay wrote:What I am thinking, is that if I could now open a UT map in Unreal UEd, that I can then remove the botpack dependencies.

I made a brushbuilder mod once that let you select a list of package prefixes (Unreali/UnrealShare, UPak, BotPack) and it then deleted every actor in the map with that particular package name. It didn't care about class names, any actor with a matching package name would be removed. It was easy to then save the map and then open it in a different game's editor (Providing you copied the texture files too) and BAM map converted :D

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 01:05

I know Jackrabbit tried to do a conversion of Seven Bullets for 227 some time back but circumstances halted that venture. I regret not being more helpful at the time, though what I tested played pretty well. If I remember it was more oldskool resources being a problem than botpack stuff though I could be remembering wrong.

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 02:38

well there is a few ways to back convert maps from ut or basicly any unreal game,,

method 1- export map in ut and reimport in 227 + rebuild everything after you load the resources. this work with any unreal enginre 1 game

method 2 ut only! - this method can work on maps with deleted brushwork even!
open map in ut , select all actor - delete all actors, save copy of map,
run dots converter on that copy.copy all texture packages to 227 ,
if its mylevel or bad imports mylevel the missing textures - load the map in vanilla 227ghi
go back to ut select all actors , copy , goto 227 paste them in , done!

the map converter you looking for is here
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1964&p=41569#p41569

gizzy man you are unlucky, you seem to lose things alot. you cant caught a break! get a removable harddrive or somthing !!
I died a bit when my server with 5 years of unreal mods got lost during a reinstall so i can cry with you. thank god i had backups of most projects source files or i probaly would have just left unreal at that point..

do you still have that brush builder? it might be of some use for stuff i jerk around with.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 23:09

The BotPack is very useful, thanks.
I have got part-way through the "Underground" map (It would make a great SP or Assault map).
This one has a few weapons, but with the easy ability to swap stuff in 227i they were dealt with quickly.

Their still seems to be some dependency on BotPack. I did not do a complete re-build.
I assume you mean rebuild the "whole shebang". Geometry, textures and all.
I'll have another go later. I keep getting distracted with making new int files...

...and in that light, if you check the "Better int" thread I started, you will find that I tweaked my UT BotPack.int for use in Unreal \o/
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2790
I changed where the UT Game Types show, so that you can tell them apart from the other Unreal ones :tup:

For other fans of UT equipment, I also did int files for Dot's mods, UTInv and UTWeapons

Enjoy an easier life courtesy of the Doc. :D

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 06:23

in you unreal1 botpack int
[spoiler]Object=(Name=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=BotPack.TeamGamePlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=BotPack.Assault,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=BotPack.Domination,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=BotPack.CTFGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Object=(Name=BotPack.LastManStanding,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)[/spoiler]

should be

[spoiler]Object=(Name=botpack.DeathMatchPlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TournamentGameInfo,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TeamGamePlus,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.CTFGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.Assault,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.Domination,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TrainingDM,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TrainingCTF,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TrainingDOM,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.LastManStanding,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TrainingAS,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TrophyGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.UTIntro,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.ChallengeIntro,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.LadderTransition,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.TDarkMatch,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.LadderNewGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.LadderLoadGame,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.ChallengeDMP,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo)
Object=(Name=botpack.DMMutator,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="DMMutator,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.InstaGibDM,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="InstaGibDM,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.Stealth,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Stealth,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.NoPowerups,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="NoPowerups,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.LowGrav,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="LowGrav,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.InstantRockets,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="InstantRockets,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.NoRedeemer,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="NoRedeemer,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.JumpMatch,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="JumpMatch,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.SniperArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="SniperArena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.ShockArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ShockArena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.RocketArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="RocketArena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.PulseArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="PulseArena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.MinigunArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="MinigunArena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.impactarena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="impactarena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.FlakArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="FlakArena,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.FatBoy,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="FatBoy,<Insert description here>")
Object=(Name=botpack.ChainsawMelee,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="ChainsawMelee,<Insert description here>")[/spoiler]
so that the gametypes are viable in the gametype selection dropdown ingame.
You can go further then this -
Unreal can output int files using "ucc.exe dumpint package" , that will geneate the proper mutater/ class listing but not the preferences part.

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 18:08

bob wrote:do you still have that brush builder? it might be of some use for stuff i jerk around with.

Just remade it now, added the option to remove lights and pathnodes too: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8a4wwh
icon stolen from ut2004. HEY IM A COMPSCI STUDENT, NOT AN ART STUDENT

.u in /system
.bmp in /system/editorres

tip: if you open the code in the editor, you can add your own packages (For other UEngine games). Add the name of the package to the "Packages" enum and copy one of the existing "Purgexxx" functions (Where xxx is the name of the package you're wanting to add. For example:

Code: Select all

Function PurgeUPak()
{
   local Actor A;

FindLevel();
   if( MyMap==None )
      return;
   foreach MyMap.AllActors(Class'Actor',A)
   {
      if( A.Class.Outer.Name=='UPak' )
         A.Destroy();
   }
   MyMap = None;
}

Change every instance of UPak to your specified package name (And don't forget to add it to the enum so you can select it too!)

Previous Next