ividyon will never get this done, will he.

26/01/2015 - "Mothership Lab" by Eenocks

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: 26/01/2015 - "Mothership Lab" by Eenocks

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015, 00:50

salsaSkaarj wrote:Sounds harsh perhaps but to me this doesn't get into my top-20 of Unreal (+RTNP UE) maps

Fair enough, to tell you the truth I haven't established a personal top-20 maps for Unreal/RTNP (UE), but to me Mothership Lab is one of the more memorable maps in the set. Certainly, I think the unique stuff here (i.e., stuff you encounter for the first time in the retail game) plays a crucial role in that impression. But yeah, The Darkening is just better in terms of the overall experience.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015, 07:44

The Skaarj do definitely a better job at being threatening here than in the Darkening. There's always one ready to ambush you in the next room.
This is the same with the Core except the Core is way harder.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015, 13:37

UBerserker wrote:The Skaarj do definitely a better job at being threatening here than in the Darkening. There's always one ready to ambush you in the next room.

Coming from you I find that surprising. Evne the playthrough video shows how weak the resistance is. The only really dangerous part (also on second try) is right after going through one of those teleporter beams.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015, 14:45

Pretty sure the video is on Medium difficulty. The difference is that in the Mothership Lab at least every area has a duo of Skaarj, while in the Darkening there's just a bunch of rogue Skaarj walking around randomly.
There's one extra Skaarj Assassin who appears 90% of the times in Hard/Unreal difficulty after the prison, hiding in a corner.
ImageImage

Previous