Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[OLD] Red Nemesis is Recruiting

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 12:25

Reminds me, have you got my latest e-mail for you with the samples included? I know you've been busy so It might be that which takes time.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 17:38

jetv435 wrote:Do you want a full functional map or can I give you a map that shows you my basic geometry and lighting, or just a partially finished map, or other?

Either or.

ZombieHunter wrote:Reminds me, have you got my latest e-mail for you with the samples included? I know you've been busy so It might be that which takes time.

Are you Simon Ringström?

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 18:29

Aye.

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 18:42

Well Simon, I listened over what you sent. I still couldn't tell much difference between that and what you sent previously. It's still very hard to hear your English and your vowel pronunciation is sort of harsh to a native speaker. I allowed my gf to listen since she did not know the lines before hand like I did, and she was not able to understand most of it. I'm sorry, and I really appreciate the effort...but I don't know if I can use your voice.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 22:49

Without hearing the sample, can't this intended person be a foreigner/immigrant/tourist? I mean, he could tell that he comes from another country. That could prove a strong company or something like that. I don't know the story but I would use everything from a volunteer :)

If you can't understand the lines you can read the subtitles, are there any?
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 00:39

Mister_Prophet wrote:Shivi: As long as whatever you make can be imported into ued2/UT cleanly, that's all that matters. I can wait until you release WTF2, to see how your skills have progressed.

Jet: One of our members, SeeD, has never released a map prior to his work on RD, but he's one of the best mappers I have ever seen. If you can show me your work I'll judge it. As for voice acting, send any samples you have to [email protected]

Wow! Seed :o Whatever happened to him? I used to be good friends with him, we were suppose to do a project together a long time ago. He's definitely one of the best mappers I've seen. Sorry for the OT Prof :wink:

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 01:00

editor Dave wrote:Without hearing the sample, can't this intended person be a foreigner/immigrant/tourist? I mean, he could tell that he comes from another country. That could prove a strong company or something like that. I don't know the story but I would use everything from a volunteer :)

If you can't understand the lines you can read the subtitles, are there any?

Yeah...that's not gonna work for me :o At least not in this case.

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 11:44

I understand, Kinda Knew my Swedish life would ruin my speech XD well Good luck finding a voice then! :D hope we get this ready soon at least until next years winter :P

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 01:38

Thanx for giving it a shot :tup:

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 02:02

Could you name the kind of voices that you would have in mind? I'm definitely giving mapping a shot but I might also consider voicing. Voices like a gravely one or maybe one similar to Spencer's.Something non-human? Just for an idea of what to shoot for (I can edit BTW).
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 02:12

jetv435 wrote:Could you name the kind of voices that you would have in mind? I'm definitely giving mapping a shot but I might also consider voicing. Voices like a gravely one or maybe one similar to Spencer's.Something non-human? Just for an idea of what to shoot for (I can edit BTW).

Any kind of mood, gender, or age. As long as it is clear and audible. Accents are fine as long as you can speak clearly in English.

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 10:23

Doing voices is one thing, having the proper equipment and the ability to understand how to use it is another. I'd prefer not everyone try to jump on this wagon unless they've had prior experience or material on hand that demonstrates technical ability.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009, 23:28

If you give me a small, (very small) project to help things move along, posibly something mondane, or a chunk of map with explicit instuctions to save you time.

This might be a problem I think, I am getting a new system
i7 intel 920 64 bit OS and win7 profesional.
The win7 pro on up will be the versions to be able to run-download-install the XP emulator from MS.
This is one big reason I am fearful of spending this cash for a new system, cuz NONE of my old stuff will work.

Otherwise once I get things built and settled in, I will most likely try to install win2000 for a multi boot, and have the best of both worlds.

let me know, I got too much time on my hands, but to "create" or build a whole map you know I think in box mode.But if you have something, I have done it all, sounds ,seamless textures, some code, and mapping, and a couple of models.
I just can't feel overloaded, hence a specific task would be fine.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 00:26

I would appreciate a very basic concept to go by, like a pre-thought up level idea.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 08:38

Look, at this point...I'm really not willing to be too creative here. I'd rather do it oldskool. Down and dirty. You wanna help out and you can afford the time to contribute, contact me privately and send me some of your most recent work. If I think it's good enough I'll give you a specific mapping chore, like I did recently with Nix (the only viable mapper to be acquired by this last bid). I can't really afford the time to be too experimental. This goes beyond mapping, too. So let's keep it simple. You want to help, show me something. And be available!

Red, I know you have some experience so if you want to email me your latest bit of mappage (UT1 please), send it to [email protected]. If you're rig is too unstable for a full map, I can even give you something small to do, now that we have the capacity to make sublevels. This goes for everyone else too.

Previous Next