Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[OLD] Red Nemesis is Recruiting

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: Red Nemesis is Recruiting

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 04:37

Hi. I just wanted to know, for RD models, what do you or your modelers perceive when it comes to the final complexity for each individual model. I generally want to know if you want them done in UT model quality, like they are in the WIP screens on the RN site, or better, or in between. I'm not to familiar with the restrictions of the engine, or about any changes RN software makes to remove or decrease any of those restrictions, but I'd like to know just so I can work on whatever basis you had in mind.

EDIT: I also was curious what weapon/inventory models you still needed such as out of the original ten weapons from the Unreal arsenal. Also, so far, I can't skin or animate, so the most I can do right now is just build a model for someone else to prepare once I'm done, unless I can figure out how to do either of those in the near future.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 07:16

I generally tell my modelers to make what they want and we can always scale back (or up). Generally the models made use UT quality as a benchmark and go up from there, though people like Kaka are exceptional at making models smoother than the stock quality.

As a rule, I try to discourage the use of sheets (planes) in models, as was so frequently done in Unreal pawns, like the Slith, Titan, and such. Don't get me started on the hands of the humans and some of the others.

Of the ten Unreal guns? Besides the ones we showed, the Rifle and the Minigun also have been remodeled (although they have not been skinned).

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 05:52

I was wondering if you still needed any weapons done who's origins aren't from Unreal's or UT's arsenals. Specifically, are there any small melee weapons you would be interested in having made that you need or even might find useful in RD's arsenal? I'm asking because I've done a few of my own personal weapons and I'm particularly curious if I would be of any help in that area for doing simple modeling (such as nails :P).
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010, 05:27

PM me your pix :o

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 12:53

I would love to map for this, but I think my mapping skills have suffered over the aeons of programming ;)

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 13:48

You could code a program that maps for you. \o/
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 20:45

Raven could use help on the programming/coding front, so if you want to hop in on that endeavor :tup: Or you could show a screenshot and send me a .unr of your best or most recent mapping effort and I can check that out too.

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 22:06

Thanks. I prefer to work together with raven on the coding aspects ;)
Gonna write him tomorrow.

mirage
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 06:39

Hi,

My name is mirage and im an old time mapper for this game specifically for unreal infiltration standoff / DM
I recently got back on this stuff and im doing some mapping again.

I also follow this website for years now and only today i decided to sign up on this website.
I basically decided to sign up because i saw this post about you guys need some people to help on your project.
So this is what i can offer you guys if you are intrested in taking me on the team :-)
-I have a degree in arts (photoshop, illustrator, indisign, concept art,etc..)
-I have 10 years XP with unreal engine (U1, UT, UT2K3, UT2K4, UT3) and several other engines like havoc, Arma engine..
-I have made a dozen maps over the years but for multiplayer.

Im totally into making detailed maps but i would like to to skinning & mapping at the same time.
It really sucks that i lost all my old files (laptop broke down couldnt recover any files :( )
but if U want i could make a map for you gusy to show u what i can.

You can either contact me trough this post or send me an email ([email protected])
I live in belgium (which is GMT+1)

thanks!

Mirage

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 07:56

Well first off, thanks for posting :tup:. Good to see people still eager to help us with this thing.

I suppose it would be prudent for me to see some actual content, so you're free to post a link (you can PM me privately if you wish) and it would also be cool to see some screenshots. Not just maps, but I'd like to see exactly what you can do with your art degree. For the latter point, texture artistry is always something I'm in need of, even if I don't always have a task at hand. Skinning is a little more important at this point.

For the maps, pix are good but I'd prefer to have .unrs to view. Multiplayer background is fine, since that ain't necessarily what I'm looking at when I see the maps.

mirage
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 15:03

allright ill start working on it :-)

mirage
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 15:48

Good news went trough my HD and found some stuff :-)
Ill show it in here, all the textures u will see here are made by myself, concept art is made by me.
The only thing that isnt made by me is the hangar itself (the model), it was a project me and friend got for a company :-)

Logo i made for our 'company' if u can call it that but hey, it needs something shiny :lol:

Project The Warzone (paintball/airsoft company) this project was made for them to give live 3D briefings on PC.
The project never finished as they stopped organizing sadly. (i have a video of a camera test but theres no textures in that one so i dont think its gonna be usefull to post)
made this low poly car as well:

Some concept art (url's as they where to big :p):
http://www.belgiantigers.be/Mirage/Normaal.jpg
http://www.belgiantigers.be/Mirage/NormaalAgressiever.jpg
http://www.belgiantigers.be/Mirage/ShadowsBaseOnly.jpg
http://www.belgiantigers.be/Mirage/Spaceship1%20copy.jpg

Edit:
Quick preview of the map im making for inf/DM atm only brush & sketch textures :-)
http://www.belgiantigers.be/Mirage/map3.jpg

Edit:
Just noticed on modDB u guys have custom music too soooo.. i also make music on my PC and im drummer in a band as well
Im spamming the hell out of this post but i tought with all the stuff in here, a song couldnt hurt anyway :P
http://www.belgiantigers.be/Mirage/MyRage%20-%20The%20Unthinkable.mp3

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 09:48

That's quite a lot of stuff. You're very capable, to say it lightly. I am particularly enamored with your modeling and your skins (that wood in particular).

Give me a day to organize a proper reply and expect a private message.

mirage
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 17:36

Will do and thanks for taking your time to go trough all this stuff :)

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011, 06:31

COOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Red Nemesis is recruiting?!?! :D . I'm not sure but, maybe I could voice act! (dispite the fact that I'm really almost 12)
I could be like a little boy who gets slaughtered with his dad or some junk like that. (Don't care who I have/need to be, just give me the script and I can try my best... Maybe with some help with my parents in some parts, of course! I can't do every voice.) Sooooooooooo excited! :D. Now excuse me, I need to change my pants. (Kidding, I'm waaaaay to old to be pissing in my pants now.)
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Previous Next