Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[OLD] Red Nemesis is Recruiting

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008, 05:10

Just a reminder

We still need people. Of the lot I took in from BFNP, I've got one REAL involved mapper (Carthage) and 1 maybe active mapper (XYZ, who is preoccupied currently). That's really one guy right now from BFNP, technically. I had hoped the merge would have galvanized dev a little more, but hey...the people working are doing great work, so I can't bitch.

We REALLY could use some help here, and I personally could use at least 1 really active mapper who is good at Na Pali stuff. You're skillz do not have to be Hourences quality, because every map made for RD gets touched by me anyway. I'm especially looking for someone with decent terrain skills and Nali-styled level design experience.

We also really need an animator. Kaka is juggling two projects, and RL. It's a lot for him, despite the fact that he is really awesome.

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 07:03

Important Request

As mentioned in my last post, RD's sluggish mapping schedule isn't getting any better. We really need at least one competent mapper (not great, but someone who is able) to work with us to get this mod completed. We're not being picky here. If you can work UED2 (UT) and have released a decent map (SP or otherwise) then please step forward. Or even if you haven't released something but you think you get it and you have something to show, then show us. Any theme. You will not be working on your own anyway. At Red Nemesis we approve of level designing incest.

I want you guys to play this thing :o

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 08:31

I would love to. And i actually reckon i know my stuff now. I've got a decent dm map that is shaping up to look awsome (Well imo anyway. It looks better then the stock maps already), and i've played around with SP mapping techniques for a while now. The only thing is, i never have any time for mapping these days. So i wouldn't be much help. :lol:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 19:37

If I had the time I'd volunteer, but, alas, I'd only drag you down!
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 20:00

Serious questions: What themes are still needed? How many maps? Special requirements?
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 20:40

Creavion wrote:Serious questions: What themes are still needed? How many maps? Special requirements?

Each major planet needs at least one map. That may not sound like a lot, and it's not really. Themes include;

Na Pali themes
Contemporary Human (ish)
Tech
Alien
Ancient

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 20:56

Na Pali.. so.. Terrain? If yes.. classic with GenEarth or custom stuff? Unreal 1 Lowpoly like or extreme highpoly?

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 20:58

We use predominately custom textures and in regards to Terrain generation, I have a standard for no less than Tess cubes. But if Terrain is not your thing, you don't need to make it. The major Terrain Na Pali segments have been done anyway.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 21:00

Sent you a PM..

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 05:18

It's that time of year again...

Every few months of RD's long development (sicne '04/'05 roughly...wow) I try to go out and snare new talent to help us along.

Atm we still have a small core team of people working, but this core seems to get smaller as time progresses. The main obstacle remains the mapping, which...as close as we have been for some time...has gotten considerably harder since I am currently the lone active mapper for Residual Decay. RL also permits me less time to work on the mod than I have ever had. So, as always, we are welcoming mappers. And as always, know that all maps in RD are worked on cooperatively with myself. I'm looking for people to help me finish several partially finished levels and wrap up some of the fringe level maps we need made. Also, as always...don't bother applying if you have issues with private mapping (i.e, using only the internal team for testing and not being able to publicly release or display content made for the mod).

I can't stress this enough. If you can map and you want to give it a shot, just contact me. Just know that mapping for RD might seem a little different, and you might find yourself working mostly on layouts...or adding to previously unfinished work.

Other fields we are open to are an active skinner and character modeler, presumably one that has a preference for humans. Similarly, we are accepting a position for a texture artist...primarily one with some high resolution skills.

EDIT: This appears on the latest website news as well.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009, 23:05

I could do a number of things. Mapping mainly, though I've never actually released one I can tell I'm getting good over the years IMO, and if you just need me to add on to other people's work, that's fine. I'll work on tech if you want me to but Na Pali is another environment I'll consider strongly. Another thing might be voice acting, though I really can't promise you Evolve standards. Maybe even a little of both, whatever you like, and I have a pretty good amount of free time at the moment, so, hit me with something. I'll send you some of my work if you want me to.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 01:02

I could map for ya if you really need me to. However don't judge my mapping skills based on Wtf Series 1...I admit that it was pretty bad...I'd send you the new stuff I've done for WtfS2 instead, as it's a hell of a lot better (Peanuts can back me up on that). Only problem is, is that I unfortantely installed the retarded 451 patch and can no longer use my UED 2, however I can still map with UED 2 via 227, and convert it over to be compat for UT's UED 2 editor if u need be.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 01:19

Shivi: As long as whatever you make can be imported into ued2/UT cleanly, that's all that matters. I can wait until you release WTF2, to see how your skills have progressed.

Jet: One of our members, SeeD, has never released a map prior to his work on RD, but he's one of the best mappers I have ever seen. If you can show me your work I'll judge it. As for voice acting, send any samples you have to [email protected]

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 01:23

Got it, I'll see what I can whip up for ya.
ModDb Portfolio

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009, 04:18

Do you want a full functional map or can I give you a map that shows you my basic geometry and lighting, or just a partially finished map, or other?
ModDb Portfolio

Previous Next