This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[OLD] Website Updates

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009, 20:34

jackrabbit wrote:lol map generation.. that makes me think of random map generators in Doom. :B (On the Nintendo DS!)

I'm sure the new content looks memorizing as always :tup:

Eh, yeah. But then again it has looked good since 2005. The issue all this time has been to make each map worthwhile.

petePROSTHETICS
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009, 12:52

any news about upcoming updates? :tup:

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009, 19:04

There will be something soon.

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 05:33

There's a new recruitment listing on our latest update. If you've got some mapping skills, texture talents, modeling/animating skills, or wish to try your vocal cords for some voice acting, send me a line at [email protected]

The homepage has more info: http://rednemesis.beyondunreal.com/

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 08:14

I hope this doesn't mean future abandonment of the project... I know this sounds ludicrous, but whenever I've seen a project start recruiting people this late into development, it's usually not a good sign. I certainly hope this isn't the case with RD. I'd hate to see it fizzle out!
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 09:13

No, nothing like that.

Let me be clear. Residual Decay is going to be released. That's never been in jeopardy. But I would very much rather release it sooner than later, and atm I'm short handed. Anyone who's able and wants to lend a hand, come contact me.

I'll be echoing the news around in the next few days. But I think there's a strong well of potential talent right here on this forum. And even if you guys can't help out yourselves, I would appreciate any suggestions (all messages should probably be private or emailed for convenience).

If I get the things I need done in a steady fashion we could get RD out this year. For reals.

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009, 23:22

Mister_Prophet wrote:If I get the things I need done in a steady fashion we could get RD out this year. For reals.

:o

User avatar Da Spadger
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009, 02:18

Yeah, what that guy said. :B
:B

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009, 14:19

Any news? Or are you guys distracted by...

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009, 21:10

Distracted by the speedrun competition actually. Although you might see some basic concepts of stuff that will be in RD, only vastly simplified :o

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 23:27

Update before the Update

As some will see on our latest update, and no doubt know about already, there is a podcast out there with some interviews, and one of them is with me. And I talk about Residual Decay a lot. It's over an hour long (the whole podcast, not the interview itself) and some incentives to check it out include some explanations from myself about some aspects of RD that people may not know about. Also, you get to hear a remix of NightVision that will appear in RD's mercenary segment.

Besides the added bonus of the other interviews, including an epic one-on-one with Turboman about Firestorm, this update will be the precursor to the one where I actually show you some new creature shots (omfg!)

As always, follow my sig link.

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009, 01:01

Update!

Adversaries Revisited: The Big Man

Click on my sig link to read the news and post on the new poll. For larger images, visit the Screenshot thread until the shots of the new Brute can be added to our website Gallery.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009, 13:56

I must say that I find it hard to respond positively to that one. With the unimaginative concept (Brute with evil red triangle eyes on sphere head?), weird physical traits (The feet approaching pancake status) and the skin feeling like a flat mix of base textures with very little emphasis on the actual form of the creature, it seems like less of an intimidating Brute upgrade than something that would fit with Legacy's quirky visual design.

I'm not exactly one to criticize it as a non-model artist, and it is the gameplay and shaded in-game appearance that will form my final opinion, but.. what is shown simply is not consistent with Red Nemesis' high-profile mapping style and the production values we've seen so far. If you like, I could try providing criticism that is more constructive with the tiny bit of texturing experience that I have, since an overhauled skin would greatly improve the overall appearance of the creature, but I believe the creator might want to look into the model aspect and try to polish that first.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009, 18:06

sana wrote:I must say that I find it hard to respond positively to that one. With the unimaginative concept (Brute with evil red triangle eyes on sphere head?), weird physical traits (The feet approaching pancake status) and the skin feeling like a flat mix of base textures with very little emphasis on the actual form of the creature, it seems like less of an intimidating Brute upgrade than something that would fit with Legacy's quirky visual design.

I'm not exactly one to criticize it as a non-model artist, and it is the gameplay and shaded in-game appearance that will form my final opinion, but.. what is shown simply is not consistent with Red Nemesis' high-profile mapping style and the production values we've seen so far. If you like, I could try providing criticism that is more constructive with the tiny bit of texturing experience that I have, since an overhauled skin would greatly improve the overall appearance of the creature, but I believe the creator might want to look into the model aspect and try to polish that first.

wow.. good to see some negative feedback here, altho it sounds harsh maybe. It's always good to get constructive criticism though, and not the standard "w00t" messages that are nice, but won't add anything.
I'm with Sana on this one... but then in other ways maybe. The red eyes are ok for the color, but not the shape.., altho they're not THAT bad. I don't care about the boots (cartoon-y) and the body overall gets too human-like to me, while the 'original' BIG man's first impression was always that it was BULKY. I miss that here...
I like the guns, arms and chest, but the rest feels like a let-down... and I say this when I keep in mind what I've seen from RD so far, which has always been top notch!

But I'm not a modeller... so I hope I haven't been too harsh. :)

I just looked at my avatar again, which is the old 'big man' I think.. it has funny boots too.. and red eyes.... so.. maybe you should disregard my post.. :lol:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009, 19:02

SetFatness 180 :B
How about a mask anyway? The only bad thing about the model is the funny face, and that's all.

The good news - from the look of them - is that at least I will be able to not to fight in RD some big, slow and weak-ass guard enemies.
ImageImage

Previous Next