Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[Project On Hiatus] Dead Cell Development

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: Dead Cell Development

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011, 23:17

Uh, durr. The one on the bottom front side suctions on wherever you want it to be. OBVIOUSLY.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011, 04:46

Waffnuffly wrote:My question is how you hold it, though. Unless it's designed for a Nali.

Actually, the design is very practical if you look at it. As Jet said it has handles and grips depending on how it is held or used, ala jackhammer style or held from the hip like UT (it's also designed this way since it doubles as a nailgun).

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011, 14:06

OK, I get it, there's just extra handles all over it for a variety of uses. That's really cool.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011, 20:39

Rumor Control, here with the facts

Been a while since I actually stated something about this project or any project. As some of you may remember, I had a computer issue way back in February of this year that put a real hamper on my ability to work on Dead Cell. Thanks to some financial situations I've had to make due without a few luxeries and have not bothered to replace my main gaming PC since the February cock up. What this means is that, while I have been able to map vanilla on a laptop, I cannot employ the custom Nemesis Editor necessary to resume work on current Dead Cell maps (although I can work on small sub-maps created after this dastardly event). It also doesn't help that I have no control of the current downage of the Red Nemesis website (I'll need Zyn to get back to me on that as my extent of website knowledge ended with being able to publish news).

It's particularly frustrating for a number of reasons and I've neglected resuming any major conversations with my core Dead Cell team since if I can't work on it I don't expect anyone else to. Especially since there were major issues for the project that still need to be tackled, it would be unfair to expect fine people like Raven to sweat the coding aspect while I take a holiday. The combat and general human fighting mechanics are not there yet and were little better than the bots seen in 7B in the last playable run I made through the main HUB. As of the spring I've been seriously rethinking the gameplay plan for Dead Cell and reevaluating what it is I want to do with this. I have a beginning and an end and 80% of the mapping space defined. The most organized concept is, ironically, the multiplayer concept I concocted in lieu of the COOP I knew Dead Cell wouldn't have. Strangely enough this mode might be finished first.

I have, in the meantime, resumed work on other projects. One, in particular, which will be kept secret for the time being, and a slightly more fun to work on vanilla mappack I've been working on since the last site contest ended (what's left of the work I did for it). Of this latter one, dunno if I'll finish it or even release it but it has been refreshing to work with stock again. And to be honest, I want to release something. Anything.

As far as Dead Cell is concerned, the project is not on hold exactly and not cancelled. As soon as serious work resumes you guys will be the first to know. What this means is what's bad for Dead Cell is good for Jones and that's all I'll say for the moment. Otherwise, I've had free time to give Turboman some much needed writing love for Firestorm and we're working to punch that one out for you guys.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011, 20:53

Don't worry if you have to take breaks (whether you want to or not) - the community has been and will continue to be pretty patient when it comes to big projects! Sucks that the financial stuff has prevented you from getting your pc back in order, though.

Good luck getting that stuff sorted out. At least you can keep mapping, even if you can't really do the more advanced stuff in the mean time.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011, 22:47

I can wait, because you are doing the important job of keeping your players in the loop. It is something that doesn't seem to happen with lots of projects and is another reason why you are great. \o/

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011, 10:05

I cant too..the first screens..aahh...intensive meellee combat *_* and the atmosphere...
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Previous