Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

7B:Titans room: Quadshot instead of enhanced Shock Rifle???

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar marvin_arnold
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: 7B:Titans room: Quadshot instead of enhanced Shock Rifle???

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 01:00

Hello everybody,

this is something weird that happens when playing Seven Bullets in Wine/MacOSX:

(at least it happens to ME, which could mean I did something unexpected to some files or something else stupid...)

In the Guardian map, in the room with all the titans, when I bring in the "flawed" shock rifle, there is this short cutscene with the door closing.
Then I am back in the room, and on the central "altar" lies the shock rifle.
Then there is the blue flash and instead of the shock rifle, there is a Quadshot VX gun, which can be picked up unlimited times.

Now I have played 7B with UT OSX before, with the known limitations, and over there I got the "enhanced" shock rifle, as expected.

Needless to say the Quadshot isn't much use against the titans... :lol:

I would be very grateful for any suggestion what could be wrong, even if, as usual, it is entirely my fault and I deleted some important file. (sorry!) This is still my favorite map pack, but with Wine, the story ends here...

Thank you very much,

M:A:

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 01:09

Wouldn't have even worked if you had deleted something. Also, if you were missing something, the engine wouldn't normally replace a weapon. As far as I know, whatever happened is not something that has ever really happened before, to my knowledge. It might help if you try a few things like re-install 7B or something, unless someone has experienced this particular problem before and was able to fix it.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 02:10

Wait, the Quadshot is on the alter?

What should happen is an enhanced shockrifle should spawn. No other weapons/items are in the room. There is no reason why a quadshot (with unlimited pickups) should be there. Something is seriously wrong on your end and maybe with how you're playing it (7B is meant to be played with oldskool).

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 14:58

[Note: This part of the post is actually made obsolete by the edit.]That's what I suspected. I already re-installed 7B and oldskool, without effect.

When I approach the altar after the cutscene, there is a shockrifle there. Then the blue flash happens, the shockrifle disappears and a "unlimited" Quadshot is spawned.

Unfortunately, UnreadED doesn't work with Mac or Wine (else I would have been into mapping a long time ago...), so I can't even check if there is something wrong with the map.

I re-installed olskool again, since other things puzzle me: Whenever I pick up a dispersion pistol (like in Unreal I), it already has all power-ups. And is it correct that I start 7B with CARifle and Enforcer (not Automag)?
I also get an Enforcer on starting the second map of Unreal I, for example. Despite the fact that I checked "enforcer to AutoMag" in oldskool preferences. Later, however, I find the AutoMags. Re-install didn't change anything, though.

EDIT:

OK, I just checked OldSkool config. and the SP mutators. There was a mutator active I don't recall ever using nor do I know what it does (until now): Xidia Survivor Mode. I disabled it and restarted the Guardian map from scratch. Everything worked as it should (enhanced shock rifle is where it should be!)! Well...

When I start a saved game, however, I get the quadshot. There isn't a chance of disabling the XSM mutator, is there? I guess it's ISV-Kran again, then. Not that I have to complain too much - I still love the feeling of the "reduxed" Kran maps and the addition you made (huge curved vent shaft, tiny pupae...)...

Anyway, thank you all very much for your time. Sorry for bothering you...

Looking forward to RD...

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 23:36

There's no Enforcer in 7B, but rather a modified one called the Machine Mag (rapid fire). The XSM mutator is for multiplayer maps in UT, and it switches UT guns with 7B ones.

Nothing in the oldskool menu concerning guns should effect 7B, since all 7B's guns are modified through 7B game info.

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009, 22:47

Mister_Prophet wrote:Nothing in the oldskool menu concerning guns should effect 7B, since all 7B's guns are modified through 7B game info.

Well, as long as everything is back to normal now, I'll rather not think about it... you know, computers are people, too. :D

I'll give it a new try and see if there is still anything unusual...

Thank you very much for creating this epic campaign and for still providing such great support,