Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Jones Saga skins

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: Jones Saga skins

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011, 09:29

That looks pretty fine to me! Though I don't know how I feel about Jones being dressed in yellow.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011, 13:25

Everything I've done so far with the USM's armor skins was intended to be darker and less -I guess clownish would be the word- than the default UT versions. As for the yellow skin at the moment, it's only a slight variation of the default green. I'm likely to be making some changes later on to all of the skins I've done so far, since right now I'm simply multiplying color over specific part of the armor and I have no idea how well it will come out, though, in contrast to the pics in my last post, I have added some rather attractive color variation, even if I do have further changes I'd like to make. Things like the belts are identical to all the teams, as are some other things that I'd like to change since they seem to look botched on one team color as opposed to another. I'll make some more changes, and I'll take a look at the yellow one last time, then I'll get the whole bunch on here just for surveying for your approval. I've tried to keep it looking less like they're colored just for team distinguishing and more for different types of armor, so IDK how that will look, but we'll see, and I'll get some pics.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011, 17:42

Any updates on this?

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011, 00:30

Teridax wrote:Any updates on this?

You bring up a good point. :P As far as doing the team skins go...I'll definitely do them. See, I tried a while back, but it was a poor attempt and I think they can be done much better (plus I lost those in my HDD crash a while back). Whether I can personally do them as well as they should be done is something I have yet to discover, since it's been a while since I last attempted it. Another thing I'm wrestling with is the idea of including voice packs with each of these. I did a personal one for Jones that really sucked, by myself and using the shittiest mic I could find (only one we had). I have a few new mics in my house that may or may not do the job, but we'll see. At most it will be a good experiment, since the mic's horrifying knack of picking up on the slightest puff distracted me before when I'd previously attempted it. I might start on the team skins at some point, even today, since I feel like it and I had forgotten about it until now. We shall see. I'll let this thread show updates on these packs, so you'll know it if good progress has been made.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011, 02:16

I've had a bunch of Jones lines recorded between 06-08 for RD, the last time I really had eVOLVE around to voice the character. I don't believe any of them would be particularly useful for the needs of MP taunts.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 03:41

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:There's gonna be a bonus pack. It used to include three White Lotus soldiers but Prophet told me that they had actually been borrowed for Seven Bullets from someone else, so it's gonna include different skins as replacements to make up for the loss of the white lotus skins.

...and by white lotus soldiers, you mean the pirates? Like the guys in grey armor/clothing?

Which would mean that having a pack of skins based off of this character would be out of the question? Without permission from whoever that someone else was?

Maxer 64

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 06:32

jaypeezy wrote:...and by white lotus soldiers, you mean the pirates? Like the guys in grey armor/clothing?

No, the pirates are called the dead scorpions.
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

User avatar jaypeezy

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 08:31

Ah... thanks. Nice avatar, btw.

In that case, if this thing is still even active/going on in any way, and if I am given permission to do so by the original authors of Seven Bullets and its related content, I would be more than happy to contribute a working set of Dead Scorpion player skins, complete with team colors.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 11:39

White Lotus is a sub-group of Dead Scorpion. The black-armored pirates.
ImageImage

Maxer 64

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 16:32

UBerserker wrote:White Lotus is a sub-group of Dead Scorpion. The black-armored pirates.

Oh, woops.
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 20:07

The White Lotus are a private militia commanded by the leaders of the Dead Scorpions. While mostly used to protect the hierarchy of the group they also are tasked with specific operations the standard member of the group cannot perform (as in a squad of them were set up in Vandora to deal with Jones and the other USM survivors). They are the last remnants of Drago's political terrorist cell and are currently led by Petra in Seven Bullets. They have para-military training and enjoy special priviledges within the Dead Scorpions, such as being given all the best armor. They are the only human enemies in the last half of the game that have custom skins, although I did occassionally swap some faces and other body parts with Pirates that used UT models instead of U1 ones. All other Dead Scorpions used default Unreal/UT skins.

In regards to the origin of the White Lotus skins, I do believe we had this conversation prior. I simply do not remember now where I attained them, but think they were special ops skins for a realistic shooter mod for UT, perhaps AgentX or of the like. I had them for years before 7B was released and used them because I liked them and never saw them used outside my harddrive when playing online. I believe the mod in question was credited at the end of 7B or in the readme/oldskool credits.

User avatar jaypeezy

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 21:02

By which we all mean, these guys:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011, 22:58

Yep. Did you do the colors? I don't remember those guys having teams.

User avatar jaypeezy

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011, 00:33

Yep. Ever since I learned the basics of image editing I've been making custom skins left and right for my use in monsterspawn matches. I also have Drago with team colors, but I utterly messed that up so the boots/chest are the same colors but not the same shades. The Pirate skins came out much better.

Previous